Photo
- - - - -

[Newegg] [PC] Venetica, Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, Mass Effect 3 - FREE After $10 Rebate

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 ferris182

ferris182

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:58 PM

Hey guys,

I am a nubie PC gamer.

I bought a bunch of brand new PC games lately and haven't opened them yet because I am getting a new PC next year.

The games include: Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age 2, Diablo And Starcraft battlechests, Civilization 5 and Witcher 1.

Do these codes expire?

Also, if I register the games on my current PC, can I use the game on my new computer when I get it next year?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

#32 DeliveryPizza

DeliveryPizza

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:04 PM

I don't think that they'd expire

#33 Biskmatar100

Biskmatar100

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

Doh, I missed out on ME3 after much hesitation. Then again, it's only "free" if you find something else on Newegg with that $10 card. :(

#34 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:30 PM

Doh, I missed out on ME3 after much hesitation. Then again, it's only "free" if you find something else on Newegg with that $10 card. :(

No, it's a general-use Visa prepaid card. Good most anywhere you can use Visa. It does not have to be spent at Newegg. So, yes, outside the cost of a stamp and the time to submit it is free.

Thanks for posting this deal, OP. I grabbed all three games.

#35 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:53 PM

Is there any sort of DRM on Rollercoaster Tycoon? Or better yet, does it activate on anything? (Steam/GOG/Origin?)

AFAIK, all PC versions of RCT3 I've seen selling around lately have been DRM free while all the Mac versions have been Steamworks. See Gamersgate for example. http://www.gamersgat...oaster Tycoon 3

Most likely it's DRM free and no activation key for any particular service.

mdUFwSE.png

#36 Biskmatar100

Biskmatar100

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:35 PM

No, it's a general-use Visa prepaid card. Good most anywhere you can use Visa. It does not have to be spent at Newegg. So, yes, outside the cost of a stamp and the time to submit it is free.

Thanks for posting this deal, OP. I grabbed all three games.

Is that so? Well, consider me a fool. :x

#37 S0DA POPINSKI

S0DA POPINSKI

New system, but such an last gen backlog still

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:00 PM

Anyone know how well or if Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 will run on Windows 7 64 bit system?

#38 Lord_Zath

Lord_Zath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:49 AM

ME3 sold out :(

#39 MHC

MHC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:44 AM

I'll wait for another glorious Origin fuckup to get Mass Effect 3 free instead of having to deal with a rebate. Origin summer sale 2013!

#40 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:55 AM

I agree with this. I enjoyed Venetica quite a bit and thought it was well done, with a different setting and protagonist. The art style may not be everyone's cup of tea, it's a bit whimsical and Disney-esque, but the game is a solid action RPG with some choice and consequence and voice acting is decent too.

It's worth noting that it just got Greenlit for Steam so it should be coming there soon. I think the likelihood of getting a Steam key for buying this boxed retail version is very low considering on Steam it's being published by the original European publisher DTP while this one that Newegg is selling boxed retail is published by Atari.

Anyway free is free.

Personally, I liked the game so much I will probably rebuy it once it gets added to Steam and goes on sale. I'm hoping for achievements but we'll see I guess.

I have Venetica PC from Retail. Bought it a bit back from GameStop.
The version I bought from them is DRM-FREE.

#41 jimbofluffy

jimbofluffy

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:21 AM

Still waiting on my Brink card from months back, and sent of for the Venetica one. I would have jumped on ME3 if it wasn't sold out. Maybe I will get RCT3. Its not like I would earn interest on that $10 after waiting months for the card to come.
ach.png