The Humble Double Fine Bundle has ended

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
220 replies to this topic

#31 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:57 PM

Nice. Now I feel like I wasted $9 by buying the Double Fine pack on Amazon last year for $10. Obviously, I haven't even installed all of those games.
Spoiler

#32 Echoes

Echoes

Farm roads ftw

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:02 PM

Iron Brigade does not have a Mac or Linux version though. If they add a bonus game it'll likely be The Cave, wouldn't it?

steam_sig.png

Forms_and_Shapes.png

#33 inm8num2

inm8num2

GOG Pogs are coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

I wish the "high rollers" didn't jump in so early to drive up the BTA price. It seems to be that if they held off their large purchases more people would buy early and beat the average. But when the BTA jumps a couple dollars in 30 minutes a lot of people give up on it, more than I would imagine those who jump in to avoid paying more.

#34 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:05 PM

What happens if I buy now and bta is $8 and then it drops below $8. Am I still required to pay the higher bta?

#35 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

Yes. You pay when you purchase the games.

#36 exopuppy

exopuppy

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:08 PM

The only item I want and don't already have would be Brutal Legend. If anyone is looking to unload that, send me a message.

#37 Wapcaplet

Wapcaplet

Ancient Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:10 PM

The only bonus I can see added is the Amnesia Fortnight bundle. Both Iron Brigade and The Cave are published by different companies (Microsoft and Sega, respectively) -- I doubt DF managed to convince either of them to join in. All the current games in this bundle are published by DF.

#38 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:15 PM

I still don't have Stacking. I played the demo on PS3 and thought the game was good but not something I would go out of my way to buy unless it was cheap. Like say $1.00.

#39 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:17 PM

Probably put in $1 for Stacking. Don't really have much interest in Brutal Legend and certainly not at the current $8.50

#40 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

It went as low as like 6.18 at one point, but has shot up since then.

I've always wondered how we could manipulate the avg if we bought a ton of penny bundles the minute it goes live.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#41 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:27 PM

With Humble's growing popularity and surging BTA prices I usually just write it off as it's invariably cheaper to wait for an individual sale on the BTA game (via Amazon, Steam, GG, etc.) and just put in the buck for the other stuff. I'm generally busy when these things initially launch so I miss out on the cheaper BTA price.

#42 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:28 PM

Iron brigade isn't listed either. The cave and iron brigade both have different publishers on steam too soooooooo

Microsoft owns the Iron Brigade IP which is why I didn't include it. I don't see it having much of a chance. The Cave is owned by Double Fine and it's entirely possible that the publishing deal is more like the EA Partners and WB distribution deals that landed Shank and Bastion in HIBs.

#43 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:29 PM

I wish the "high rollers" didn't jump in so early to drive up the BTA price. It seems to be that if they held off their large purchases more people would buy early and beat the average. But when the BTA jumps a couple dollars in 30 minutes a lot of people give up on it, more than I would imagine those who jump in to avoid paying more.

There's some interesting psychology going on here. Usually the average is around $6 and I say "Hey, nice deal" and pay $10. This time the average was around $8.50 and I went "Eh, not worth it" and paid a dollar.

#44 inm8num2

inm8num2

GOG Pogs are coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:32 PM

There's some interesting psychology going on here. Usually the average is around $6 and I say "Hey, nice deal" and pay $10. This time the average was around $8.50 and I went "Eh, not worth it" and paid a dollar.

We are all part of a greater experiment!

#45 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:35 PM

I already have all of them on Xbox/360. I also have Psychonauts from a previous bundle. If someone doesn't have any of these games they are a really easy recommendation. Actually, I may grab this bundle again just to have Costume Quest on steam for the hell of it. And it even includes the DLC :)

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#46 jrodri86

jrodri86

Meh, i'll wait to get it for a cheaper price.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:35 PM

The BTA went from like $6 to $8 in a matter of seconds, i would have totally jumped on it for around $6ish but for almost $9, no thanks. I have the BL pre-order sitting on my inventory and own/have no interest on the rest. The price raised so quiclky cause of the two how paid more than $1000 for the Bundle.

Tretton.png

#47 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:36 PM

hmm, was going to say maybe they would offer the DLC as a bonus but it appears whereas the DLC costs on consoles for Stacking and Costume Quest, it is free and included on PC. That's enough of a reason to pick up Stacking again even though I own it on the PS3.

Guardian_owl.png

#48 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:42 PM

Microsoft owns the Iron Brigade IP which is why I didn't include it. I don't see it having much of a chance. The Cave is owned by Double Fine and it's entirely possible that the publishing deal is more like the EA Partners and WB distribution deals that landed Shank and Bastion in HIBs.

That's true, I knew shank was published by Klei on steam but didnt realize wb published bastion on steam. I'd say the cave is a lock for a bonus in

#49 Wapcaplet

Wapcaplet

Ancient Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

I need to amend my earlier remarks about The Cave and Iron Brigade:

The Cave: DF says "We own The Cave, not Sega," and "it's not a Sega game, it's a Double Fine game."

http://twitter.com/D...142322189832192

Iron Brigade: Tim Shafer says he can't add it to the bundle because DF didn't publish it.

http://twitter.com/T...854292694745088

So it may be possible for The Cave to be added as a bonus.

I already have everything but Brutal Legend, but I may throw in a buck just in case The Cave is added.

#50 DirkBelig

DirkBelig

The Belligerent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:49 PM

I already have Brutal Legend on X360 and Psychonauts on Xbox and Steam and too much backlog and too little interest in the other titles, so pass for me.

133994.png DirkBelig.png5fbfd2ddbe4d9137.png DirkBelig.png

#51 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:51 PM

The Cave: DF says "We own The Cave, not Sega," and "it's not a Sega game, it's a Double Fine game."

Damn, this may prevent it from getting the usual frequent Sega sales then on XBLA.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#52 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:56 PM

Damn, this may prevent it from getting the usual frequent Sega sales then on XBLA.

I would expect they still handle that sort of thing.

Recently a document came out of the THQ mess with Double Fine trying to get the money they were owed from Costume Quest and Stacking on PlayStation Plus which they were never paid. It seemed like that decision and everything related went through THQ, not Double Fine, because of the publishing agreement even though DF owns the game. I expect it's a similar relationship with The Cave and Sega for sales.

#53 madcyantist

madcyantist

Impulsive Buyer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:00 PM

Gonna wait to see if they add a bonus game..

#54 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

Threw in a buck for Stacking, and it'll be nice to have Costume Quest on the PC as well. Plus that'll get me the add-on game next week.

#55 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

If they add a bonus game, don't you have to buy in before the game is added? Otherwise you have to BTA for the bonuses?

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#56 cereal_killerxx

cereal_killerxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:20 PM

Out of all the times to not have a dollar. Ugh.

#57 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:23 PM

If they add a bonus game, don't you have to buy in before the game is added? Otherwise you have to BTA for the bonuses?

Correct

#58 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:47 PM

It's a good deal but I have played through Psychonauts and Costume Quest so I'm not sure I really need this bundle. I also have BL sitting sealed for 360 so...don't think I'll bite.

jkam2.png

Quitter (My Band)    -    Trade List    -    Join Bing Rewards

#59 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:53 PM

We are all part of a greater experiment!

The charity aspect of it makes it more worth it for me to do this.
www.bighugenerd.com

#60 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:56 PM

It's a good deal but I have played through Psychonauts and Costume Quest so I'm not sure I really need this bundle. I also have BL sitting sealed for 360 so...don't think I'll bite.

Sealed copies are worth up to $5 so don't open it.