The Humble Double Fine Bundle has ended

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
220 replies to this topic

#91 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:49 AM

Even when Brutal Legend hits $5 your only saving $2 over the BTA. Why not kick in the extra couple bucks now to get the soundtrack and help out a worthwhile charity?

you are talking to CAGs, $2 makes a lot of difference in the eyes of some. Also, some people on here (not naming names) don't believe in charity

O6d6OER.jpg

#92 meatwad3000

meatwad3000

The Mauve Avenger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:58 AM

Already got Psychonauts from a previous HB sale. I would totally BTA for Brütal Legend because it does have a Linux DRM free port on this release. However, $7.96 is a bit steep for a BTA for a game I already have sitting on my shelf sealed for the 360 so I'm really on the fence for this one.

#93 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:06 AM

Because we're CAGs, and you can potentially get Brutal Legend + Soundtrack version for $5 after 75% off + 20% off discounts on GMG or GamersGate.. yes, I think that far ahead ;)

The only thing you'd be missing out on is the DRM-free download, I think.

True that. I used to wait for 75% off. Now that barely cuts it. 75% plus another 20% comes out to 80% so that's my sweet spot for everything now. Even better if there's a 4-pack involved.

Anyway, I kicked in a buck, pretty much in anticipation of The Cave unlocking next week. I think this is like my 4th copy of Psychonauts on Steam, and I have an Xbox hard copy too.
76561197996844513.png

#94 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:06 AM

you are talking to CAGs, $2 makes a lot of difference in the eyes of some. Also, some people on here (not naming names) don't believe in charity

Some of us don't take charity so casually. Also it rather depends on the charity. I wouldn't be surprised if there some who slide that charity bar over all the way because a bundle displeases.

I'm sure on the Humbling Fez Bundle there'll be lotsa charity.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#95 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:13 AM

In for mimimum price to get steam keys. Already got brutal legend.

#96 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:18 AM

Not sure if this has been mentioned.. the DRM-free version of Brutal Legend lacks multiplayer. The multiplayer requires Steam.

#97 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:22 AM

decided to bite for the charity even though I have these on ps3...sigh.

TheFurryPanda.png

#98 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:57 AM

It's slowly drifting down $7.93 atm... I assume over the $8 BTA dissatisfaction. I'm guessing we'll see it turn upward when people see it in their morning news feeds.

I'm halfsies over going BTA or not (and cranking that charity bar). So I'm trying to $1 in at the best price I can (having missed the launch due life's little obligations).

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#99 JCAll

JCAll

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:05 AM

Samples are on Amazon

It's the original stuff by Peter McConnell. I think it's all great, but it's not the licensed metal from the game which most would be looking for.

Crud, that's what I was wondering.
Well, in for 1 regular I guess.

#100 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:50 AM

Some of us don't take charity so casually. Also it rather depends on the charity. I wouldn't be surprised if there some who slide that charity bar over all the way because a bundle displeases.

I'm sure on the Humbling Fez Bundle there'll be lotsa charity.

Personally I don't even consider EFF a charity. It's more like a political action committee/special interest group. They might have commendable goals but it isn't as if they're feeding starving kids in Africa. Child's Play is nice but I believe I've read where the Penny Arcade guys pay themselves six figure salaries to head the charity. Funny stuff.

#101 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:56 AM

At $6, I'd have gone in for the BTA.
At $8 for the BTA, I'm in the "just go for the $1 tier" camp.

Selling a Steam gift/tradeable copy of: Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe ($4.98)

#102 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:57 AM

I probably would BTA if I were into Metal music and Jack Black but I can't stand either.

#103 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:57 AM

Personally I don't even consider EFF a charity. It's more like a political action committee/special interest group. They might have commendable goals but it isn't as if they're feeding starving kids in Africa. Child's Play is nice but I believe I've read where the Penny Arcade guys pay themselves six figure salaries to head the charity. Funny stuff.

No but the EFF does good work that I believe in. I wouldn't mind going halfsies between them and the ACLU.

Feeding starving children in Afrika is a complex issue with social and economic impacts.

#104 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:04 AM

I probably would BTA if I were into Metal music and Jack Black but I can't stand either.

I like metal and don't mind Jack Black (although I definitely wouldn't say that I'm a fan) - but I'm also a CAG. ;)

Selling a Steam gift/tradeable copy of: Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe ($4.98)

#105 oddeye

oddeye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:18 AM

I paid the BTA to get Brutal Legend DRM free.

#106 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:52 AM

I guess you've never seen him with eagle powers.

#107 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

You really do hate everything, don't you?

#108 madcyantist

madcyantist

Impulsive Buyer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

I paid a dollar. Just not interested in Brutal Legend and I already hit my monthly quota for donations.

#109 voormis

voormis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:09 PM

This may be a weird/selfish question but does anyone know if the charitable donations for the Humble Bundle are tax-deductible?

#110 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:16 PM

I'd have gone in for $6 for the whole thing. The BTA was $8+ by the time I looked, so I just paid the standard $1.01 (lol) I always pay for Humble Bundles.

Too bad, Humble. You almost got me to BTA, but then you overcharged. For shame.

#111 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:19 PM

This may be a weird/selfish question but does anyone know if the charitable donations for the Humble Bundle are tax-deductible?

Generally, in the US, you can only deduct the amount that exceeds the fair market value of the merchandise or services received. MSRP for these games being over $100 (according to HB), you'd have to donate more than that only to be able to deduct the difference.

#112 voormis

voormis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:28 PM

Generally, in the US, you can only deduct the amount that exceeds the fair market value of the merchandise or services received. MSRP for these games being over $100 (according to HB), you'd have to donate more than that only to be able to deduct the difference.

That makes sense. Thank you, I appreciate it.

#113 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:30 PM

My prediction for the bonus game(s) to be revealed in a week: The below average content from the Amnesia Fortnight bundle.

My prediction for the reaction to this revelation: Disappointment.

#114 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:33 PM

My prediction for the bonus game(s) to be revealed in a week: The below average content from the Amnesia Fortnight bundle.

My prediction for the reaction to this revelation: Disappointment.

Yeah.. it's gotta be that or The Cave. The Cave was discounted to $5 on GamersGate a few days ago, so it'd make sense if that were the bonus. Amnesia Fortnight would just be.. bleh.

#115 Wapcaplet

Wapcaplet

Ancient Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

Looks like no Cave bonus:

http://www.twitter.c...034693987966977

I agree that the Amnesia Fortnight bundle is the likely (and only) bonus.

#116 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

Looks like no Cave bonus:

http://www.twitter.c...034693987966977

I agree that the Amnesia Fortnight bundle is the likely (and only) bonus.

I guess it's possible that they could add a bonus from a different dev, it's disappointing that it won't be The Cave though :-(

I'd rather they add no bonus at all than have it be Amnesia Fortnight lol. It'd be that disappointing.

#117 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:57 PM

Regarding bonuses, I think something from Capybara could be possible if it's not just something from Double Fine. They've put Sword & Sworcery in bundles and partnered up with Double Fine to share a booth at Pax East where they sold a bundle of games from both studios. Though if that's the case I wouldn't expect much more than Sword & Sworcery because Capy seems like they should get higher billing for their games that haven't been bundled before.

I never listen to metal and have very little interest in it. I'm completely indifferent to Jack Black. I loved Brutal Legend.

#118 Auburn

Auburn

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

It's possible that Iron Brigade could be added, no?

#119 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

It's possible that Iron Brigade could be added, no?

No. Double Fine didn't publish it and they don't own the IP. It belongs to Microsoft.

#120 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

Yeah.. it's gotta be that or The Cave. The Cave was discounted to $5 on GamersGate a few days ago, so it'd make sense if that were the bonus. Amnesia Fortnight would just be.. bleh.

The bonuses from some previous "branded" HIB bundles included games not developed by the "featured" developer (e.g. Aquaria & Dredmor in the Introversion bundle)