The Humble Double Fine Bundle has ended

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
220 replies to this topic

#151 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:27 PM

Looks like it's going to stay ~$7.90 until (or unless) a BTA bonus is announced.

You're forgetting the weekend effect.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Amazon $5 off w/EC List
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#152 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:29 PM

You can now buy this with bitcoins if that's your thing.

#153 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:49 PM

hehe, good to know that :D I always take few minutes & read my comment few times & try to fix Grammar mistakes & Spelling Mistakes before i post a comment. :lol: Maybe i worry too much about English lol.

English is my native language and I proof before I post as well so no worries :D Your English is most likely much better than my butchering of your native language assuming I was brave enough to make an attempt!

#154 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

My english is fucking all sum and I don't prove reed atoll!

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#155 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:12 PM

My english is fucking all sum and I don't prove reed atoll!

What you did there. I see it.
www.bighugenerd.com

#156 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

What you did there. I see it.

Dam ewe auto co-wrecked!

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#157 ctrek3

ctrek3

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:33 PM

i already played through Brutal legend an got rid of it, and psychonauts, but for this price i couldn't resist. thanks op
Posted Image

#158 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:18 PM

You can now buy this with bitcoins if that's your thing.

Isn't a bitcoin worth like $90 or somesuch?

"Hey guys, I'll let you pay for your hamburgers with gold ingots if you want! No change made!"

#159 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:36 PM

"Hey guys, I'll let you pay for your hamburgers with gold ingots if you want! No change made!"

I'm all for them taking Bitcoin! And you can do decimal values, obviously and they're pushed through current exchange rates. For example, to test it out I put in $1 and did Bitcoin checkout and it displayed a page saying

Send exactly 0.008921 BTC to:
(Their bitcoin address, which I assume is unique to me)
After sending to the above address click 'Confirm Payment' below.

Very cool! 8-)

#160 M3wThr33

M3wThr33

Batman with a gun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:59 PM

Today. It fluctuates about 50% each week. It's hilariously unstable.

#161 Viper45

Viper45

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:42 AM

You're forgetting the weekend effect.

Does the "weekend effect" usually result in a higher or lower price? Still thinking about buying it and if the price is only going to go up from here, may as well do it now.

#162 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:50 AM

Does the "weekend effect" usually result in a higher or lower price? Still thinking about buying it and if the price is only going to go up from here, may as well do it now.

Higher. This bundle is peculiar though. It may certainly go up, but I seriously doubt it'll drop below the current ~$7.90 <checks current price.. $8.00 jeez>. Also humble is upfront about their total sales in USD as well as # sold... by this point it'd take a whole lot of only $1 buyers to bring it down much. ("math math math, math math math")

When you buy in at $1.00 locks in your upgrade to BTA price. Imo, buy in now at $1 (you'll have the option of adding $7 to get your BTA for a few weeks.). Also you want to buy in before bonuses get added (otherwise you'll have to BTA for the bonuses). Bonuses usually get added in the second week.

Amazon $5 off w/EC List
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel

#163 IronChariot

IronChariot

CAG Deity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:51 AM

I guess I'll have to get Brutal Legend another time.

#164 M3wThr33

M3wThr33

Batman with a gun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:18 AM

I guess I'll have to get Brutal Legend another time.

Or not.

#165 Viper45

Viper45

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:36 AM

Higher. This bundle is peculiar though. It may certainly go up, but I seriously doubt it'll drop below the current ~$7.90 <checks current price.. $8.00 jeez>. Also humble is upfront about their total sales in USD as well as # sold... by this point it'd take a whole lot of only $1 buyers to bring it down much. ("math math math, math math math")

When you buy in at $1.00 locks in your upgrade to BTA price. Imo, buy in now at $1 (you'll have the option of adding $7 to get your BTA for a few weeks.). Also you want to buy in before bonuses get added (otherwise you'll have to BTA for the bonuses). Bonuses usually get added in the second week.

Thanks for the tips! I went ahead and paid the full $8. I doubt Steam will match that for the Double Fine pack during their Summer Sale.

#166 Smashbro29

Smashbro29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:46 AM

Someone gimme Brutal Legend please? I'll give you a big hug (and a couple of bucks).

The Comfort Zone

Live/Recorded

#167 JamesJoyce

JamesJoyce

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

I gave in and bought this for $8.10 yesterday. Gave most of it to EFF, because I am not happy about what politicians and lawyers are trying to do to the Internet.

And then I tried Brütal Legend, and I have to say that game itself is totally worth $8! Absolutely hilarious, and great production values as well! Strongly recommended for former Metalheads that still enjoy the music but have enough distance to the genre to enjoy jokes about it.

#168 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

I gave in and bought this for $8.10 yesterday. Gave most of it to EFF, because I am not happy about what politicians and lawyers are trying to do to the Internet.

And then I tried Brütal Legend, and I have to say that game itself is totally worth $8! Absolutely hilarious, and great production values as well! Strongly recommended for former Metalheads that still enjoy the music but have enough distance to the genre to enjoy jokes about it.

I'm not even a metal head nor crazy about Jack Black and still loved the game.

#169 fastitocalon

fastitocalon

I am red cyclone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

Brutal Legend is awesome if you know what you are getting yourself into. It is not a AAA game, it is more like a B game made with a whole lot of love and passion.

fs.png

Twitter #kelkeen

#170 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

I am mad scientist, it so cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:08 PM

Brutal Legend is awesome if you know what you are getting yourself into. It is not a AAA game, it is more like a B game made with a whole lot of love and passion.

Honestly this can be said about most Double Fine games. They absolutely nail the presentation, writing, and humor in their games, but still can't seem to get the gameplay and technical sides to match up in quality. Case in point, I just finished my second playthrough of The Cave, and it's a really interesting game I really enjoyed, but it has so many technical problems and poor gameplay decisions that it would be hard for me to give it more than a 7.5. I'm definitely looking forward to playing through Costume Quest and Stacking though, since all things aside I'm a huge DF fan:bouncy:

I realize this is rather random, so sorry about that. I tend to go off on tangents a lot without realizing:whee:
This is the incarnation of my idiot blood.

#171 jlewski

jlewski

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:28 PM

I'm gonna pick this up

#172 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

This bundle will be a week old in 5 minutes. If you want to get in before bonuses now may be the time.

#173 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

The bonuses are the Amnesia Fortnight prototypes from the previous bundle.

#174 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:02 PM

LOL wow... that the first time HIB bonus repeat I didn't have... and I'm still as apathetic to as when it was it's own bundle.

Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#175 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:03 PM

Ugh.. that was the worst case scenario :-(

I am disappoint. It's not even a good bonus for people that didn't have them before. They're prototypes.. lol.

#176 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

What a disappointment.

#177 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

Feeling better about my $1.50 commitment to this bundle.

#178 INCyr

INCyr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:11 PM

Yeah, my $1 for Stacking was just about right. Had hoped for The Cave, as I have a copy from PS+, but that'll expire eventually, and wouldn't mind owning a copy outright.

Ah well.

#179 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:13 PM

Terrible bonuses.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#180 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

Had a feeling these would be the bonuses. Passed as Stacking didn't really appeal to me and it was the only one I didn't have.