HH GREGG Video Game Clearance YMMV

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#61 Rictor

Rictor

I like big butts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:59 PM

An HHGregg opened up in the mall here. I was excited, figured more competition is always good. But the geniuses who opened the store decided to put a store in the mall that you can't actually access from within the mall, only from the outside entrance. What's the point? Only thing I've ever bought there was a GPS on Black Friday. Looked at TVs there when we were looking for a new one but their prices were high and I just don't see why anyone would shop there instead of Best Buy.

Usually, the price match plus a percentage off. Their salespeople are on commission, so if you like to haggle, you might like to shop there.

Banner1.png

#62 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:19 PM

Me and a fellow local CAG checked out the Greensboro HHgregg

No games only accessories

Came on lunch break amped to get a cheap skyrim

Going back to work empty handed and hungry

Should have hit up the Chipotle around the corner.

#63 Gators300

Gators300

The Right Thing... What Is It?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:46 PM

No luck in the store in Oakleaf, Jacksonville, FL. Only had accessories left.
"You know, my heart is beating incredibly fast, I must be experiencing absolute terror!"

#64 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:55 PM

Would check mine, but I know they stopped selling games since the beginning of the year
Posted ImagePosted Image

#65 TFrank

TFrank

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:15 PM

Was only Black Ops 1 at the one I was at.

Hope those guys driving around the Chicago area waste their time going to it, heh.

#66 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:30 PM

Found a copy of Dead Space 2 at mine so I finally bit on that one.

#67 teharistocrat

teharistocrat

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:26 AM

Yeah nothing at the Greensboro location, but was nice to meet a CAG in my area.

So you guys are always the ones beating me to all the good deals in the area! ;)

Thanks for the heads up. It kept me from wasting a lunch break going over there tomorrow.

#68 peregrine879

peregrine879

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:25 AM

I can say from working at Gregg's, good luck trying to find games. All we have is tvs and appliances. Commission sales is a bitch and we get bitches at hardcore if we are not in a ten food radiance of our marks. Mostly for two reasons people steal a lot at our stores and to keep the other minions away.

#69 troy2007

troy2007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:30 AM

Found a Black Ops 1 (360) and LBP2 in Naperville, IL. Downer's Grove (this morning) had Brink and Skyrim (called them--not sure which system). Joliet had a copy of Brink. And no, I'm not the guy cruising Chicagoland for Skyrim and Mario.

#70 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:42 AM

Saw LBP PS3, Nintendogs French Bulldog 3DS, Nintendogs Golden Retriever 3DS, Hot Shots Golf Vita, Modnation Vita, and some other Vita game all $4.9x each.

Bought Dance Central 1 for $4.9x.

16GB Vita card - $25

8GB Vita Card - $7

4GB Vita Card - $5

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#71 NzumbeKiller

NzumbeKiller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:46 AM

Going to go check this out tomorrow. I needed to go anyway, they still had gears controllers and of course mines messing up, so hoping they still have them since nowhere else has recently.

#72 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:52 AM

Has anyone checked any of the stores in NJ?

Selling Call of Duty: Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#73 spatenfloot

spatenfloot

Don't read this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:20 AM

Are the items marked?

EDIT - Fayetteville, NC has three Epic Yarn and one LBP2 Collector's Edition. No signage. Nothing for me so didn't bother asking.

Did they have any Vita stuff?

#74 hoofrog

hoofrog

Game Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:41 AM

Did they have any Vita stuff?

Games? No. Literally just what I mentioned. I noticed some Wii accessories, and maybe as third party 360 controller. I was pretty much in and out trying to avoid traffic on Skibo.

#75 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:39 PM

hitting the fort wayne up today..wont be able to report till tonight

I DOUBT I FIND ANYTHING

EDIT DONT WASTE YOUR TIME OR GAS

NO GAME NO SALES on vita cards

Edited by slidecage, 09 May 2013 - 02:22 PM.

WOOOO I STINK

#76 vballboy51

vballboy51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

Found a Black Ops 1 (360) and LBP2 in Naperville, IL. Downer's Grove (this morning) had Brink and Skyrim (called them--not sure which system). Joliet had a copy of Brink. And no, I'm not the guy cruising Chicagoland for Skyrim and Mario.

I couldn't find any games at the Naperville location. Not a big fan of the store

#77 derrtaysouth95

derrtaysouth95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

Went to the local HH Gregg store last night just to see if they had anything. I've only been in this store maybe 3x prior since it opened like 8 years ago.

Within mere seconds of walking into the door I noticed an employee beelining straight for me....I walked at an angle to try to put distance between me and him and began to look at something....he pops out from behind a display asking if I needed help.

I asked if him if they carried any video games and he was like "what? no! this is not a video game store....we carry high end electronics and appliances" I said well I read online some HH Gregg's carried video games and were being clearanced out so I thought I'd check. Left immediately after.

Ambushing customers imo is NOT a good way to do business. I don't care if you work on commission or not. Let me browse on my own for a bit and wait for me to either ASK for help or look puzzled and NEEDING help. After that experience I don't anticipate going back there ever again.

#78 Indiana

Indiana

Over 3 decades of gaming!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:07 PM

My store did not have any video games either. I had seen them in the store probably 6 months or so ago I guess they sold them all or shipped them to another location.

HHGregg is a good store if you are looking for a Dishwasher, Washing Machine, or Fridge. I find they have more selection in appliances than most places. Also since they are paid commission it's good to get the price of a tv at Best Buy and then tell HHGregg give me $50 to $100 off the Best Buy price. :)

#79 Zachbeast

Zachbeast

I want a range life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:32 PM

Just checked with my friend that works at the Concord, NC location. Apparently this has been going on since last year, so I am guessing a lot of locations that don't have games sold out of them a long time ago. Bummer. :(
Visit Zapp Repair

#80 paulwekiva

paulwekiva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:19 PM

So basically this is the first and last HH Gregg deal ever?

#81 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:23 PM

Yesterday was my first time going to hhgregg stores. Went to 3 of them. I didn't experience any of that follow around stuff some of you mentioned.

1 thing I found weird. At the store with the garbage games, a guy looked over at someone with a weird look. Sort of a 'did I pass or fail look' as I was walking out with nothing.

There receipts looks like huge invoices 2 pages & they make you sign a copy. They also ask for your name/phone/address/email

While the receipt is huge, I didn't do all that. Paid, got bag and sheet of paper(receipt), and left.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#82 Tom Jane

Tom Jane

I want my kids back!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:49 PM

Five HHGreggs in the Columbus area.

Checked out the two I was near for lunch. Nothing at the Easton one, and 2 just MvC3 vanillas at the Sawmill one. Luckily there was a Cane's by the Sawmill one and I "needed" fried chicken.

I had a Bluetooth headset on the entire time and I never got hassled. (I wore it exactly for that purpose.)
I just want my kids back!!!

Steam Offers | PSN Gameshare offers | DLC/Code Requests | Trade List | Lowball
Looking to sell Steam games promptly: B-Lands GotY ($7), B-Lands 2 ($10), Tropico 4 ($7.50), Ys Origins ($10); Others
Looking to sell PSN Gameshares promptly: 1) God of War 1, 2, Origins; 2) Darksiders

Will listen to reasonable offers.

#83 ferris182

ferris182

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

Just went to my local store in IL and there were no games.

I asked an employee and he said that someone told everyone that all games were $5. Some horder bought all of the stores games yesterday!

#84 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:35 PM

So basically this is the first and last HH Gregg deal ever?

h.h. gregg hasn't made noise (on the video game side) since the PS3 weekly ad misprint in 2010. They had the 160GB slim listed for $199.99. Most stores honored it and a bunch of people price matched at BB, Walmart, etc. I ended up getting mine for $100. Read the spoiler below if interested.
Spoiler

#85 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:07 PM

Just went to my local store in IL and there were no games.

I asked an employee and he said that someone told everyone that all games were $5. Some horder bought all of the stores games yesterday!

Which store in IL?

#86 kitlerc

kitlerc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:29 PM

Mine only had Brink, Medal of Honor, and Little Big Planet 2. :/

#87 OscillatingFerret

OscillatingFerret

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:20 PM

Some accessories are on sale too. 8gb vita card for $15, 16gb for $40. Xbox stuff and ps3 dualshock 3s for $15-20 off

#88 Aleth

Aleth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:21 PM

Managed to snag a ps vita 16gb for $30 but no games left just consoles.

#89 NzumbeKiller

NzumbeKiller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:48 PM

just vita memory cards here in Ohio: beavercreek, dayton mall, and bridgewater locations.

#90 Tom Jane

Tom Jane

I want my kids back!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:56 PM

Forgot to say, there were some Vitamemories, 4s and 8s, at the Columbus locations I went to (Easton and Sawmill).
I just want my kids back!!!

Steam Offers | PSN Gameshare offers | DLC/Code Requests | Trade List | Lowball
Looking to sell Steam games promptly: B-Lands GotY ($7), B-Lands 2 ($10), Tropico 4 ($7.50), Ys Origins ($10); Others
Looking to sell PSN Gameshares promptly: 1) God of War 1, 2, Origins; 2) Darksiders

Will listen to reasonable offers.