Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

Good price but by the time I get around this the MSRP will be $20
Posted Image

#32 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

It's all three games plus a lot of the DLC.

I just ordered it. I was planning on waiting for it to get cheaper but I have a bunch of credit burning a hole in my pocket, couldn't resist. Thanks OP.

It's hardly any DLC, unless its on PS3 but even then its none of ME 3's DLC. It's one of the 2 DLC missions for ME 1 (the good one) but just the online passes for ME 2 & 3.

Online pass (Cerberus Network code) for ME 2 gets you the Zaeed loyalty/recruitment mission, the set of 5 Hammerhead missions, and a couple of weapons, but none of the 4 pay DLC mission packs (unless again it's the PS3 version and then you get the first 3 DLC's missing The Arrival that leads directly into ME 3.) For ME 3 the online pass gets you MP access and that's it regardless of version. There are 4 pay DLC missions for ME 3.

Edited by MSUHitman, 09 May 2013 - 03:05 AM.

#33 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:58 PM

I'm in the same predicament. Does anyone know if EA bundled three games like this before? I'm going to guess that eventually the price may hit $30, and that'll probably be the time I'll bite. I owned Mass Effect 1 and 2 for the 360 but only managed to play through part of the first one and wound up selling both of them to Gamestop since the trilogy with some of the DLC included was announced. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the first Mass Effect on the PS3 supposed to have "better" graphics because it was designed with the Mass Effect 2 engine or something like that? Either way, I'd like to own this on the PS3 since it's my primary system while I like to use my 360 for FPSes and sports games.

Yeah their version of ME 1 does run on a modified version of the ME 2 engine, but the game performs noticably worse on PS3 according to the reviews I've read.

Edited by MSUHitman, 09 May 2013 - 02:57 AM.

#34 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:09 PM

should have launched at this price. Cant really say its a deal
Posted Image

#35 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

I can't compare the two platforms but I can confirm ME1 was totally playable on PS3, had almost no problems. It probably froze on me 3 times in 30 hours. The biggest gripe is the inefficient auto save, you have to manually save frequently. The sequels were far more generous in background saves so you don't lose an hour of progress to a bad fight.

#36 Beorach

Beorach

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:18 PM

Thanks for sharing. I might have to give it another go (though I'm still screwing around in ME2 and haven't bothered with ME3 I got for $10 at TRU (to add some CAG to my post)).

#37 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:27 PM

should have launched at this price. Cant really say its a deal

Sadly it is a deal when you consider what they launched at.
Honestly this is the best trilogy of recent years that I can recall. ME2 is still my favorite game on the 360 and one of my favorite games of all time.
What really grinds my gears is the lack of DLC. When you consider all the money you'd spend on the DLC AFTER buying this your in for a world of hurt. It would have been nice for EA to throw in some extra DLC on top of it.

#38 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:02 PM

This was $30 as a Best Buy DOTD months ago. I realize that's a "time machine deal" but it's likely to go that low again.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#39 tukai

tukai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:12 PM

Most trilogies are three parts...

You don't say? :)

#40 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:48 PM

Remember that the ME CEs CAN become rare. Even a larger printed ME3 CE became rare. Not sure if this trilogy will go that route or if it will be overprinted, just throwing it out there that they could dry up.

#41 kart007k

kart007k

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:22 AM

I am affraid that same might happen to this trilogy. Dragon Age Ultimate Edition was $20 and not its impossible to find at any store.
"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. " - Layer Cake

#42 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:04 AM

Really? Pretty much every gamestop in my area has it, well they have it, used.
I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#43 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:07 AM

I am affraid that same might happen to this trilogy. Dragon Age Ultimate Edition was $20 and not its impossible to find at any store.

You might have a point if the trilogy included every piece of DLC for the games but it doesn't.

And this is NOT a CE. It comes with no extras, just the games. Just like every other trilogy or collection that has been released. (I realize the poster above you said this was a CE and not you).

#44 kart007k

kart007k

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:12 AM

Really? Pretty much every gamestop in my area has it, well they have it, used.

New 19.99 (OOS) Used 24.99. How is that a better deal? The point being that EA stop producing this edition.
"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. " - Layer Cake

#45 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:59 AM

It's very hard to find at a Gamestop, but you can still find it at an odd BB, especially the PS3 version, in their $20 section.

GS stopped purchasing that title from EA so it's no longer in stores as a new title, only used.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#46 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:02 AM

Remember that the ME CEs CAN become rare. Even a larger printed ME3 CE became rare. Not sure if this trilogy will go that route or if it will be overprinted, just throwing it out there that they could dry up.

The only ME CE worth big money currently according to Amazon is the ME 1 CE, and that's b/c it was a Gamestop.com exclusive in North America so quantites are low. I sold mine used for $170 a year ago and currently it starts used at $120.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#47 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:06 AM

I hated the controls for the 360 version of the original Mass Effect. Can anyone who has played this version speak to the controls between that one and the two sequels, please? ME2 hit the sweet spot whether it was the 360/PS3 but all I can remember of the first one was how horrible I thought wrestling with the controls was (but not much for specifics as it has been a very long time since I played it now)...

ME 1 on PS3 is just a straight port using a modified version of the PS3 ME 2 engine. Same controls and graphics/saving issues. The Trilogy set is the only way to get ME 1 for PS3 on disc. Otherwise it's a PSN download.

42869.png

#48 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:43 AM

ME1 on PS3 is exactly the same as the 360 game. If you ask me, they should have taken the opportunity to fix the technical issues and make some improvements to the interface and controls.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df