Trade-in 2 Select Games, Get a $59.99 Game for $9.99 at GameStop

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 karyadi

karyadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

A business model Amazon could only hope for gaming.

#32 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

The list is so small even interested parties will most likely not have 2 games that qualify. I doubt they will even recover their marketing expenses for this "deal"
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#33 SolidSnake86

SolidSnake86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

Oh man, I'm trading in my copies of Xenoblade Chronicles and Metroid Prime Trilogy this afternoon! Gamestop, you're the best -- now I can get Aliens: Colonial Marines for $10??? Yipee!

#34 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• Banned

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

Oh man, I'm trading in my copies of Xenoblade Chronicles and Metroid Prime Trilogy this afternoon! Gamestop, you're the best -- now I can get Aliens: Colonial Marines for $10??? Yipee!

Where have I seen this post?

you mean I can trade in my old used copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy and Xenoblade Chronicles and get Aliens Colonial Marines for only $10? let me get my car keys!!!

#35 deathsaber

deathsaber

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:47 PM

Gamestop did similar promotions like this in the past that were actually pretty decent because they included some semi older games obtainable for $19.99 or something you could clearly make out on by getting $25 credit on a trade in (like if they had Aliens Colonial Marines on that list).

Alas, this one is pretty big epic fail, as its almost all top flight new $59.99 games, or rarities you'd be nuts to trade in. (they would sure love to get away with obtaininig somebodies Xenoblade for $25)

#36 Bleedingwickedly

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:14 PM

Actually picked up Metroid Prime Trilogy the other day from the PawnShop. Only paid $10 for it, but it's in rough shape.

#37 vwk

vwk

Lost Planet Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:21 PM

so i trade in gears judgement and metal gear revengence plus $10 and i walk out with defiance....thanks gamestop....jeez!!!

vwkiller1412.jpg

#38 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:25 PM

not a deal, unless you don't mind getting ripped off by gamestop

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#39 sylveranking

sylveranking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:28 PM

Only thing that it is mildly good for is Skyward Sword if you happen to have picked up 2 from back in the $10 sale (I think it was BBY). Otherwise its a crap deal.

#40 MasaTFC

MasaTFC

Germany 2014 FIFA World Cup Champions!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:02 AM

yea I am gonna trade in my copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy at gamestop lol

"The Absence of Evidence Is Not The Evidence of Absence"

Updated List- Come Buy My Stuff Cheap!

#41 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:06 AM

I love it when they advertise crappy deals like this. You get stupid people to trade in rare games for crappy prices and hope to be the lucky one to buy that rare game. That's exactly how I got my metriod prime trilogy from gs a few weeks ago.

#42 AionTelos

AionTelos

is PLUS ONE PIG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:31 AM

Got a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles from this :D

Best trade in deal ever!

#43 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:35 AM

I have an very scratched, disc only NSMB Wii. Are any of these games cheap anywhere? HG/SS, FE 3DS, Ocarina of Time 3DS at best buy?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#44 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:29 AM

I found it amazing how crappy that list of games you can trade in for this deal was when I looked at it. There are a few titles included on there twice, some of the titles that you can trade in are also on the list of $9.99 games, and most of the games on the trade in list are Nintendo games. It's easy to see what the goal of this promotion is.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#45 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• Banned

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:44 AM

yea I am gonna trade in my copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy at gamestop lol

Can I stop you and give you $20 for it?

#46 redreflect

redreflect

I am the Wolf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:58 AM

Reminds me of the time I bought Pokemon Platinum from this woman off of Craigslist for $10. Then she goes, "Oh my son also has a HeartGold version if you want that for $10 too." Feeling guilty, I said "It's worth more than that... will you take $11?"

There is no one true CAG. Some are more "gamer," some are more "cheap" and certainly some are far more "ass."

#47 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:20 AM

That is..weird. Am I missing a joke here?

#48 AionTelos

AionTelos

is PLUS ONE PIG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:22 AM

That is..weird. Am I missing a joke here?

Aliens was a mess of a game. It's the new Duke Nukem Forever.

#49 Zimm108

Zimm108

CAGist formally known as QuarterRoy00

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:11 PM

Maybe I'm naive, but I think getting $25 each for Mario Galaxy 2 & Skyward Sword is a good deal. Beats the Fuck out of what Best Buy & Amazon are offering. I get the rip-off factor for the rare & new stuff, but I'm happy to take advantage of this with the older Wii games I don't play anymore.