Trade-in 2 Select Games, Get a $59.99 Game for $9.99 at GameStop

neonon19s

CAGiversary!
Hey CAG'ers

I just posted this in the Gamestop trade value thread but I know some people dont venture in there.

I just got an email from GS that talked about a Trade 2 promotion.

Basically Trade 2 games off the selected list and get a new release for $9.99

Not the best deal in the world but its about $50 credit for 2 games and you could probably return the game if you dont want one off the list?

Gamestop Trade 2 promo

Trade list includes
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Pokemon SoulSilver
BioShock Infinite
Pokemon HeartGold - Game Only
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Mario Party 9
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Tales of Graces f
Kirby's Return to Dreamland
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Xenoblade Chronicles GameStop Exclusive
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Tales of Graces f
One Piece Unlimited Adventure
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Metroid Prime Trilogy
New Super Mario Bros. Wii

New releases that you can get for 9.99 include
Defiance
Bioshock Infinite
MLB 13 the show
MLB 2k13

and a bunch of games that have been cheaper elsewhere

CheapyD edit:

Titles eligible for trade-in promotion:
Screen%20Shot%202013-05-09%20at%206.33.45%20PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol anyone else notice they included Xenoblade? Not a single GS within 100 miles has it new and one 72 miles away has it used. Are they going to do a reprint?

I doubt that they'll reprint Xenoblade if they're willing to give a large amount of credit for it alone and they include it in these bizarre promotions to lure some sucker into handing it back.

Well here's hoping more people fall for this gimmick and trade in more copies of Xenoblade.

Edit: ^yeah I initially misread the list lol.

[quote name='mask.air.raid']I doubt that they'll reprint Xenoblade if they're willing to give a large amount of credit for it alone and they include it in these bizarre promotions to lure some sucker into handing it back.[/QUOTE]

And your right, some suckers will go trade it in towards getting a $10 game.
I will be on the lookout as well. With a birthday coupon I might pick up a used copy and keep mine sealed.

I was thinking about Unloading Kirby Return to dreamland and Luigis Mansion for MLB 13 the show.
but I think Ill keep them and get MLB 13/Army of 2 at TRU for $70

Lmao at people trading in Metroid Prime Trilogy or Xenoblade. I think it's hilarious every time I get an email from GS titled "your games are worth $xx.xx" and tells me I can get a whopping $30 for rare or new games.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Lmao at people trading in Metroid Prime Trilogy or Xenoblade. I think it's hilarious every time I get an email from GS titled "your games are worth $xx.xx" and tells me I can get a whopping $30 for rare or new games.[/QUOTE]

Someone actually traded a Metroid Prime Trilogy recently at a store about 20 minutes from me. I saw it online and I called to see about getting it held until I got there but they told me it was already sold. One of the employees probably set it aside for themselves.

Thats cool though. I didnt really need to drive 20 mins and spend $70 on it or however much the used copy is.

lol you can trade in bioshock infinte to get bioshock infinte for only the low price of $9.99 what a joke. I still have a sealed metriod prime trilogy i got ages ago from bestbuy for $19.99

I stopped a guy from trading in the Metroid Prime Trilogy at Gamestop and bought it off of him for $20. Probably one of my best pickups.

[quote name='neonon19s']And your right, some suckers will go trade it in towards getting a $10 game.
I will be on the lookout as well. With a birthday coupon I might pick up a used copy and keep mine sealed.

I was thinking about Unloading Kirby Return to dreamland and Luigis Mansion for MLB 13 the show.
but I think Ill keep them and get MLB 13/Army of 2 at TRU for $70[/QUOTE]

i would wait as army of two is going to tank hard over the summer, i just know it lol

[quote name='HenDoggy']lol you can trade in bioshock infinte to get bioshock infinte for only the low price of $9.99 what a joke.[/QUOTE]

No, that would be stupid. You'd have to trade 2 copies of it and pay $9.99 to get a new copy.

Someone should remind me to go after the kids leave school. Maybe I can get some good deals. Some kid was trading a Pokemon Black Version 2 but I wasn't paying attention.

there was a time where one could really make out on these deals sice ou could the games for a decent price elsewhere & trade towards the game yyou wanted but now it's too much work

For whatever reason, GS listed a few games twice. Either way, it looks like they're trying to get a hold of either newer and somewhat recent titles, as well as out of print ones that people are looking for. It becomes obvious when the list includes OoP Wii games such as Metroid Prime Trilogy, Xenoblade and One Piece: Unlimited Adventure, with other in demand titles like Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3.

you mean I can trade in my old used copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy and Xenoblade Chronicles and get Aliens Colonial Marines for only $10? let me get my car keys!!!

[quote name='Dev518']I stopped a guy from trading in the Metroid Prime Trilogy at Gamestop and bought it off of him for $20. Probably one of my best pickups.[/QUOTE]

Thank god you stopped him from getting ripped off by GS...so you could rip him off instead.

[quote name='Yanksfan']Thank god you stopped him from getting ripped off by GS...so you could rip him off instead.[/QUOTE]

No kidding.

[quote name='Dev518']I stopped a guy from trading in the Metroid Prime Trilogy at Gamestop and bought it off of him for $20. Probably one of my best pickups.[/QUOTE]

awesome

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']you mean I can trade in my old used copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy and Xenoblade Chronicles and get Aliens Colonial Marines for only $10? let me get my car keys!!![/QUOTE]

You won the internet.

The only thing that could make this better is if you could get a PUR coupon for say 50k points instead of paying 9.99 for the new game.

Rhino Video Games (one of the gamestop monopolizing take over companies from a few years ago) used to have a good promotion similar to this where you trade in any 2 current generation games they sell for $24.99 or higher and get any new game for free.

So trade in two games they can sell for 80-120 and get a "select" new game for $10...not even free? Wow! More deals like this please!

? - seriously the math for this deal doesn't even make sense. it's like backwards b2g1 free for gamestop, "sell us 2 games which we will end up selling to some other sucker and then we will give you 1 for $10..."

^
edit: chuckydj beat me to it.

[quote name='NINJA V']? - seriously the math for this deal doesn't even make sense. it's like backwards b2g1 free for gamestop, "sell us 2 games which we will end up selling to some other sucker and then we will give you 1 for $10..."

^
edit: chuckydj beat me to it.[/QUOTE]

But you guys are disregarding the fact that people may not want these games anymore. While they have value to gamestop which exceeds the value the trader will receive, the trader may not consider them to have any value, so they still view it as a positive.

The sad thing is plenty of sucker's will fall for this. It's literally worse than their $30 guarenteed offer's they have.

[quote name='bgame2']But you guys are disregarding the fact that people may not want these games anymore. While they have value to gamestop which exceeds the value the trader will receive, the trader may not consider them to have any value, so they still view it as a positive.[/QUOTE]

They could... you know... trade it toward a nice copy of a coaster, MAG, and get enough credit to just get the new game without paying $9.99.

The list is so small even interested parties will most likely not have 2 games that qualify. I doubt they will even recover their marketing expenses for this "deal"

Oh man, I'm trading in my copies of Xenoblade Chronicles and Metroid Prime Trilogy this afternoon! Gamestop, you're the best -- now I can get Aliens: Colonial Marines for $10??? Yipee!

[quote name='SolidSnake86']Oh man, I'm trading in my copies of Xenoblade Chronicles and Metroid Prime Trilogy this afternoon! Gamestop, you're the best -- now I can get Aliens: Colonial Marines for $10??? Yipee![/QUOTE]

Where have I seen this post?

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']you mean I can trade in my old used copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy and Xenoblade Chronicles and get Aliens Colonial Marines for only $10? let me get my car keys!!![/QUOTE]

Gamestop did similar promotions like this in the past that were actually pretty decent because they included some semi older games obtainable for $19.99 or something you could clearly make out on by getting $25 credit on a trade in (like if they had Aliens Colonial Marines on that list).

Alas, this one is pretty big epic fail, as its almost all top flight new $59.99 games, or rarities you'd be nuts to trade in. (they would sure love to get away with obtaininig somebodies Xenoblade for $25)

so i trade in gears judgement and metal gear revengence plus $10 and i walk out with defiance....thanks gamestop....jeez!!!

Only thing that it is mildly good for is Skyward Sword if you happen to have picked up 2 from back in the $10 sale (I think it was BBY). Otherwise its a crap deal.

I love it when they advertise crappy deals like this. You get stupid people to trade in rare games for crappy prices and hope to be the lucky one to buy that rare game. That's exactly how I got my metriod prime trilogy from gs a few weeks ago.

I have an very scratched, disc only NSMB Wii. Are any of these games cheap anywhere? HG/SS, FE 3DS, Ocarina of Time 3DS at best buy?

I found it amazing how crappy that list of games you can trade in for this deal was when I looked at it. There are a few titles included on there twice, some of the titles that you can trade in are also on the list of $9.99 games, and most of the games on the trade in list are Nintendo games. It's easy to see what the goal of this promotion is.

[quote name='MasaTFC']yea I am gonna trade in my copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy at gamestop lol[/QUOTE]

Can I stop you and give you $20 for it?

Reminds me of the time I bought Pokemon Platinum from this woman off of Craigslist for $10. Then she goes, "Oh my son also has a HeartGold version if you want that for $10 too." Feeling guilty, I said "It's worth more than that... will you take $11?"

[quote name='SolidSnake86']Oh man, I'm trading in my copies of Xenoblade Chronicles and Metroid Prime Trilogy this afternoon! Gamestop, you're the best -- now I can get Aliens: Colonial Marines for $10??? Yipee![/QUOTE]

That is..weird. Am I missing a joke here?

[quote name='Yanksfan']That is..weird. Am I missing a joke here?[/QUOTE]

Aliens was a mess of a game. It's the new Duke Nukem Forever.

bread's done
Back