Mass Effect Trilogy 39.99 (360 only) at Best Buy

NINJA V

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
i really hate best buy because of there return restriction policy, and their sloppy price matching but here's another option to the amazon ME trilogy since it is now backordered.

XBOX 360

ME trilogy ps3 and pc are still $59.99.

$30 is my price point for this. I'd imagine places like Best Buy will have this for cheap next Black Friday if they are still stocking them.

I've been wanting to start the Mass Effect trilogy for a bit now. I'd love to grab this trilogy but I saw the top comment on Amazon (where its also 39.99) said there's no DLC and recommends either buying the games separately or waiting for yet another release...One with DLC hopefully. Decisions, decisions...

[quote name='kdiddy1989']I've been wanting to start the Mass Effect trilogy for a bit now. I'd love to grab this trilogy but I saw the top comment on Amazon (where its also 39.99) said there's no DLC and recommends either buying the games separately or waiting for yet another release...One with DLC hopefully. Decisions, decisions...[/QUOTE]

You'd be hard pressed to get all 3 games new for that price though, especially if its for PS3 as the only other way to get ME1 is to get it off PSN for $15. You can buy the other 2 used but since they both come with some type of pass ($15-20 for both), its just easier to get the trilogy.

Yeah, you're going to have to buy the DLC separately either way, so you may as well go with the Trilogy since you're not likely to find the three separate games for much cheaper. That said, if you're not in a hurry the Trilogy itself will probably go cheaper over time. It's already been a Best Buy DOTD for $29.99 and that was a while back.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Yeah, you're going to have to buy the DLC separately either way, so you may as well go with the Trilogy since you're not likely to find the three separate games for much cheaper. That said, if you're not in a hurry the Trilogy itself will probably go cheaper over time. It's already been a Best Buy DOTD for $29.99 and that was a while back.[/QUOTE]

Kinda shitty they didn't include DLC. I still scratch my head on that one.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Yeah, you're going to have to buy the DLC separately either way, so you may as well go with the Trilogy since you're not likely to find the three separate games for much cheaper. That said, if you're not in a hurry the Trilogy itself will probably go cheaper over time. It's already been a Best Buy DOTD for $29.99 and that was a while back.[/QUOTE]

Yeah this makes sense. I have enough games to hold me over for awhile so I can hold out longer for a better deal. Worked for Bioshock Ultimate Rapture Edition when it dropped to $20 not too long ago.

[quote name='Anexanhume']Kinda shitty they didn't include DLC. I still scratch my head on that one.[/QUOTE]

Im waiting for the super duper collection like metal gear

[quote name='n64ra']Come on, Mr. Price ... $19.99[/QUOTE]

It's highly unlikely that ever happens considering it comes with all 3 games.

[quote name='Namerson']I don't know about Mass Effect 3 DLC but IMO, all the DLC in Mass Effect 2 is worth it, especially Shadow Broker.[/QUOTE]

From Ashes, Leviathan, & Citadel are must plays. Omega is ok but overpriced.

[quote name='aircobra']It's highly unlikely that ever happens considering it comes with all 3 games.[/QUOTE]

Compilations are games like all other titles. Retail stores and publishers lower prices for them just like 'individual' games. It may take a while, but I am confident it will get there even if it's in a 360 clearance to make room for PS4 and Xbox Infinity titles.

Your best bet as a new player is to get the PS3 version as ME1 comes with both packs, and ME2 comes with all except the last. ME3 comes with none unless you got the CE (any platform)

[quote name='Aliens']Your best bet as a new player is to get the PS3 version as ME1 comes with both packs[/QUOTE]
ME1 on PS3 only comes with Bring Down the Sky, and in fact, Pinnacle Station is not available at all on PS3 because supposedly the source code was lost and could not be ported. It's not that great anyway though.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']ME1 on PS3 only comes with Bring Down the Sky, and in fact, Pinnacle Station is not available at all on PS3 because supposedly the source code was lost and could not be ported. It's not that great anyway though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Pinnacle Station was a PoS and has no affect on the series. I think it's mentioned once when scanning planets or something. Be glad it's gone so it doesn't ruin your run at ME 1 difficulty trophies (it was insanely hard to fully complete on anything above normal.)

[quote name='MSUHitman']Yeah Pinnacle Station was a PoS and has no affect on the series. I think it's mentioned once when scanning planets or something. Be glad it's gone so it doesn't ruin your run at ME 1 difficulty trophies (it was insanely hard to fully complete on anything above normal.)[/QUOTE]

It was impossible on my insanity run.

The funny thing is it was also impossible for me with a high level character on Casual, because no matter how many enemies spawned in the Survival challenge, they literally could not take down Shepard's shield faster than it recharged. I had to blow myself up with my own grenades just to finally end the challenge.

bread's done
Back