Pre-order Dragon's Crown ($50 PS3, $40 Vita), get a free 64-page artbook

Zonic505

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
If you pre-order Dragon's Crown from "participating stores" (most likely the ones listed on the pre-order page, such as Amazon, GameStop, etc.), you'll get a free 64-page artbook:

frys_01.png

walmart_01.png

dragons_crown.jpg

The book includes illustrations of the characters, environments, and commissions from artists Akira Yasuda (Darkstalkers, Marvel vs. Capcom), Kinu Nishimura (Code of Princess, Virtue’s Last Reward), and Gouda Cheese AKA BENGUS (Super Street Fighter II, Darkstalkers).

The game will be available August 10th. Important thing to note is that you can only play online with people who have it for the same system you do, so you can't go online with your Vita to play with PS3 owners & vice versa. However, you can still transfer your saves if you own both versions of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be embarrassed to have such a thing in my house. What if a child was to see it?! This game is what is wrong with the video game industry! Ban this trash!

[quote name='Rage Goblin']I would be embarrassed to have such a thing in my house. What if a child was to see it?! This game is what is wrong with the video game industry! Ban this trash![/QUOTE]

I hope this is sarcasm.

Anyways, do I want this art book that bad? Hmmm.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I hope this is sarcasm.

Anyways, do I want this art book that bad? Hmmm.[/QUOTE]
I think it is.

oh nice. I wonder if it'll be packed in with the game or sealed together like Demons Souls DE. have an old Newegg preorder for $37.99!

Yeah I'll probably get it.

p.s. It's okay to admit that the artwork is potentially problematic for some people while still enjoying it personally.

p.p.s. Boobs exist.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Yeah I'll probably get it.

p.s. It's okay to admit that the artwork is potentially problematic for some people while still enjoying it personally.

p.p.s. Boobs exist.[/QUOTE]

Gigantic. Monstrous. Ultrasized. Humongous. Unnecessarily Large.

You know...

Tits!

[quote name='dgwillia006']Doesnt say anything about it on Amazon? Can't do it at Gamestop, so I guess I'll have to wait for them to update[/QUOTE]

Amazon updated all of my preorders in the past if any bonuses came up. I didnt have to do cancel and reorder.

I preordered Soul Sacrifice way before any preorder bonuses were announced, and I still got the codes heh..

i envy the buyers who locked in the price at $30 on amazon when it was first announced. i cant wait for this game.

[quote name='cero5']i envy the buyers who locked in the price at $30 on amazon when it was first announced. i cant wait for this game.[/QUOTE]

I remember I did, but now it was as if I never pre-ordered. Its like they removed the listing and relisted or something and voided my pre-order.
Because I KNOW I preordered a long time ago.

[quote name='cero5']i envy the buyers who locked in the price at $30 on amazon when it was first announced. i cant wait for this game.[/QUOTE]

Don't be too jealous, only a very select few people who took it up with CS will be getting that price. Amazon cancelled all of the $30 preorders ages ago.

It does seem like a pretty clear violation of their own price guarantee policy but, eh, what are ya gonna do.

[quote name='MaximusDM']I remember I did, but now it was as if I never pre-ordered. Its like they removed the listing and relisted or something and voided my pre-order.
Because I KNOW I preordered a long time ago.[/QUOTE]
Exactly, anybody else???????

Don't since the order disappeared from my account, for sure.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Don't since the order disappeared from my account, for sure.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i heard that amazon canceled all orders but alot of people complained and the majority got them to honor the price.

When was this? I am only noticing that my order vanished when I saw this art book pre order bonus. And I searched through my amazon and newegg preorders and came up with nothing. Who do I complain to. $20 is a big deal.

Good, newegg is on the list. Preordered this game when it had the $10 discount, and now I also get the art book. Nice

[quote name='MaximusDM']When was this? I am only noticing that my order vanished when I saw this art book pre order bonus. And I searched through my amazon and newegg preorders and came up with nothing. Who do I complain to. $20 is a big deal.[/QUOTE]

Email I got 3-28-12

Hello,

We're writing to let you know the items listed below will not be released by the supplier on the expected date. As a result, we cancelled them from your order and your credit card wasn't charged.

Dragon's Crown

We're sorry for any inconvenience or disappointment this may have caused.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com

Please note: this e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

I never got an e-mail like that. But you are saying I could argue a case and get it ordered again for the original price I preordered with before?

[quote name='Pookymeister']Don't since the order disappeared from my account, for sure.[/QUOTE]

The order disappeared from my account too, but I still had the initial email. Got on live chat, gave them the order#, and they told me it was because it changed publishers and was a different company, so essentially it was a different product.. or something to that effect.

Anyway, they still honored the PS3 version for $29.99 without any hassle. :D

What a bummer, I had long deleted those e-mails. LUCKILY I dug through newegg and I actually DO have a preorder with them for $38. So not a total loss. But still. I know for a fact I had that at $30 at Amazon. I'm just glad I never canceled the newegg order.

[quote name='barrit']The order disappeared from my account too, but I still had the initial email. Got on live chat, gave them the order#, and they told me it was because it changed publishers and was a different company, so essentially it was a different product.. or something to that effect.

Anyway, they still honored the PS3 version for $29.99 without any hassle. :D[/QUOTE]

I guess I need to try it too then. I'm a CAG, $20 is a big deal. :) Still not going to get my hopes up but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Edit: Mind sharing exactly how you got them to comply? I want to go in prepared.

[quote name='Japakneez']Yes, Newegg seems to be included :)[/QUOTE]

Awesome! I'm glad I didn't cancel it now when I went on a spree cancelling games since I knew funds would be tight!

So much looking forward to this game. I pre-ordered it at first so I could get my D&D side-scrolling gaming on... then Capcom announced Chronicles of Mystara for PSN/XBL and I went into overdrive in Nerd mode.

My circle of friends since High School are all over these and I know we're going to geek out heavy when we play co-op.

[quote name='TooPoor']Exactly, anybody else???????[/QUOTE]

as Neuropod said, they canceled everyones pre-orders...this happened because the game changed developers from Ignition to Atlus, so the price of the game changed

I was one of those who argued with a CSR about it, so my pre-order still stands at $30.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']I guess I need to try it too then. I'm a CAG, $20 is a big deal. :) Still not going to get my hopes up but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Edit: Mind sharing exactly how you got them to comply? I want to go in prepared.[/QUOTE]

Hm I don't remember exactly. I did this long ago, the same day they cancelled my order. I just said that my pre-order disappeared, and now I see the game back up for pre-order and I want to pre-order it again for the same price with their price-match guarantee. I honestly didn't have to argue with them about it at all. They gave me their reason that I stated above and they were just like 'ok, we will honor it this one time' I remember they said something odd like that.. why would I need to pre-order it again after this 2nd time?

EDIT: They had me re-order it and said they would adjust the price back down.

EDIT EDIT: I found the email they sent me! I guess I emailed them about it instead of live chat? Sorry, I'm rusty on the details. I received the email below on 4/23/2012

Hello,

I understand your disappointment when your pre-ordered video game was canceled and now is being sold online for a higher price.

I've checked into this item, and I see that your pre-order was originally for the "Dragon's Crown" released by Ignition Entertainment. The item available online for pre-order is released by a different supplier, Atlus. Unfortunately, rates and prices vary from different suppliers and is not something within our control.

However, I understand that the cancellation was due to an issue with our supplier, as a one-time exception, we'll honor the price offered on your original order.

Please place a new order for the video game and write us back with the new order number; we'll make the necessary adjustment on your order. Please make sure to select the item that is sold by or is fulfilled by Amazon as we're not able to modify or refund an Amazon Marketplace/Merchant orders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm this and Tales of Xillia come out on same day. I'll get the vita version of Dragon's Crown since I can't play both at the same time. I will also get the ps3 version when the price drops, just for the hell of it since there is no cross buy option

[quote name='darkhado666']The thing I don't like about this is, is that gamestop and amazon don't even list the pre-order bonus.[/QUOTE]Considering it was just announced not too long ago today, they might have them up tomorrow or so.

Still trying to decide if I should get it on PS3 or get a cheaper, portable version for Vita, but risk having less people to play with.

[quote name='Japakneez']Yes, Newegg seems to be included :)[/QUOTE]

Ha... I was wondering the same thing. Definitely nice that they are, $38 for the game and artbook is a pretty sweet deal!:D

[quote name='barrit']Hm I don't remember exactly. I did this long ago, the same day they cancelled my order. I just said that my pre-order disappeared, and now I see the game back up for pre-order and I want to pre-order it again for the same price with their price-match guarantee. I honestly didn't have to argue with them about it at all. They gave me their reason that I stated above and they were just like 'ok, we will honor it this one time' I remember they said something odd like that.. why would I need to pre-order it again after this 2nd time?

EDIT: They had me re-order it and said they would adjust the price back down.

EDIT EDIT: I found the email they sent me! I guess I emailed them about it instead of live chat? Sorry, I'm rusty on the details. I received the email below on 4/23/2012[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that's still pretty helpful! I'll give it a shot, play dumb, and let you all know how it goes.

[quote name='iamsmart']What do the mage and the artbook have in common?

You really hope they both have a strong spine! Thank you![/QUOTE]

HEYOOOO!

colbert-high-five-o.gif

Contacted CS about the pre-order price on people who didn't order it by that time but was told they couldn't do anything because amazon doesn't have an option for that. Oh well, I tried but failed. Funny thing is that "Anushka" wanted to buy the game at that price for his nephew and is hoping they lower it.

Don't know if I should get the PS3 version or the Vita version....I honestly didn't know that this game was coming out for the PS3 to be honest...

My pre-order from Amazon was cancelled and I never really bother to follow up on it... My Newegg pre-order still stands, $29.99 for the Vita (darn, should have pre-order the PS3 version, but I can play the Vita version on the go, so it's still good I guess).

Just following up on my post earlier...Amazon totally will adjust the price for you, supposing you have the order# (thank god for Gmail's gigantic inbox capacity - my order was from April 2011.) So if you have the original email, by all means shoot CS an email.

bread's done
Back