24 is back 05/05/2014 2 hour premier!

Wait what happened in the end again?

He pulled something like in the end of the Dark Knight right?

I seriously dont remember. And it ended in 2010? Time sure flies fast heh..

I loved 24, but it was past its prime when it ended, bringing it back seems like a real desperation move.

Hmm... first they were making a theatrical film. Then, they changed it to a tv film and continued the series. Then, they were back on track to make the theater film. Again, that got put on suspension.

Now they're making more of the tv series? I mean, I'll probably watch whatever they put out, while pining for the days of old, but if they don't finish it with a real ending this time, I'll be pretty annoyed.

*Series Finale Spoilers*
Because honestly, they should have just ended it with Jack dying. Instead of this Inspector Gadget, "Until next time!" nonsense that they left us with.

Maybe end it with the ultimate controversy: Jack fails. Show he isn't an unstoppable superhero. Even he has limits and can only do so much.

It's only back because Fox decided to give up on Touch. It had some potential but they just couldn't market the show properly could they. If it was a CBS show, it'd probably be in its third season by now.

Is the clock going to count down twice as fast?

I think this is an excellent idea by Fox but I'd much prefer a brand-new 12 episode show with a beginning, middle and end. I'd watch the crap out of shows like that. Imagine if Heroes was set up this way and they condensed the first season into 12 tight episodes wrapping up all of the loose ends and had Sylar die in the epic finale. We would be talking about Heroes as though it was the best thing ever to air on TV.

If characters became super-popular and the networks wanted to milk it (like they always do) they could do spin-offs in the same format instead of just ordering more of the same.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']It's official now. It'll be back in May 2014 for 12 episodes, titled "24: Live Another Day".[/QUOTE]

Good thing I didn't throw down for the "complete" series box set!

[quote name='Javery']Is the clock going to count down twice as fast?

I think this is an excellent idea by Fox but I'd much prefer a brand-new 12 episode show with a beginning, middle and end. I'd watch the crap out of shows like that. Imagine if Heroes was set up this way and they condensed the first season into 12 tight episodes wrapping up all of the loose ends and had Sylar die in the epic finale. We would be talking about Heroes as though it was the best thing ever to air on TV.

If characters became super-popular and the networks wanted to milk it (like they always do) they could do spin-offs in the same format instead of just ordering more of the same.[/QUOTE]

They are skipping hours.

The heads of Fox and FX are both pushing miniseries so you should see more stuff like you are describing.

It's good to see that they're realizing that shorter, tighter seasons provide for a much better series. Some of the best shows on TV right now are the ones that are doing this. Dexter, everything on HBO, Breaking Bad, etc. are all much better series for eliminating much of the "filler episode" garbage that (mostly) major network programming has. I like the mentioning of Heroes above because that's definitely a show that only suffered because of the long, drawn out seasons.

Around half way through 24's original run, season 4-6ish, they had lost me completely but seasons 7 and 8 were both fantastic so I'm looking forward to seeing the next step they'll take.

[quote name='Erad30']I loved 24, but it was past its prime when it ended, bringing it back seems like a real desperation move.[/QUOTE]

This.

I'm looking forward to Jack kicking more ass. Hopefully the new format is good, since it's not really 24 anymore now.

As enjoyable as 24 was, it certainly had its ups and downs.

I do think that this is a desperation move and probably is due to Keifer Sutherland being locked up in a contract until 2014 for what might have been Touch S3, though I'll wait and see if this doesn't suck as bad as it could.

I'll take this over the originally planned movie. 13 episodes still throws the whole thing off, but at least it's not 24 hours crammed into 2-3 hours.

It's kind of hard to go back and watch any of the previous seasons of 24 in full. 24 hour long episodes are a lot to take in, and even in the good seasons, not all 24 of those hours were worth watching. Cutting that in half will result in a much tighter story while still retaining most of the "clock countdown" effect.

[quote name='Kay_Faraday']Never seen 24 but i'll watch it during summer break. It's going to take forever to finish 8 seasons.......[/QUOTE]
Not really, since tv sucks these days you could watch a lot of episodes very quickly. Netflix has all 8 seasons on instant streaming or you could stream it for free from plenty of sites. I am watching the series again for the 4th time and started last month and I started season 6 today.

Edit:updated the op.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. The official Facebook page posted this and it's gotten 220,000+ likes in six hours.

I wonder if a good enough response would convince them to make it a 24 episode season.

[quote name='kodave']It's kind of hard to go back and watch any of the previous seasons of 24 in full. 24 hour long episodes are a lot to take in, and even in the good seasons, not all 24 of those hours were worth watching. Cutting that in half will result in a much tighter story while still retaining most of the "clock countdown" effect.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. "24" is one of those shows where there's too many episodes per season so we end up with a ton of bloat during the season to pad things out. If one were to cut the bloat from each season you could end up with 12 episodes total with each episode covering 2 hours of the day.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Exactly. "24" is one of those shows where there's too many episodes per season so we end up with a ton of bloat during the season to pad things out. If one were to cut the bloat from each season you could end up with 12 episodes total with each episode covering 2 hours of the day.[/QUOTE]

Yep. There are few 20+ episode serial drama series that don't end up having a lot of fluff. Lost got a bit better when they dropped down to 18 episodes or whatever. 12 seems like a good number for a 24 season.

Do they not have over-the-air broadcasts where you are?
There are, but I can't get channels like FOX or ABC because there's too much interference. I think it might be because I live a few miles from an airport.

Someone please post about when the stream will be available if it's mentioned.

It depends on agreements and stuff. Fox has its own pages for streaming for some shows although it is limited to something like a week after two days after it airs.

Of course, Hulu also streams illegal content from time to time.

So what did everyone think? I thought it was a bit too predictable for having just started, but it was still great to have Jack back.

I liked
Jack just looking at the black agent that tells him, "Bauer, you were pretty good back in the day, we used to study your missions." ...and then Jack knocks him out. LOL!

I loved it, although it was super predictable... but clever plot twists in this day and age are hard to come by.

And I've always loved Chloe, but after Mary's stints with the Always Sunny crew, I can only see Gail the Snail now..

What happened to Emo Chloe's non-Emo family?

I saw the stream on the website. It was available yesterday.

What happened to Emo Chloe's non-Emo family?

I saw the stream on the website. It was available yesterday.
I'm sure a member of her family will come up in a later episode, sob back story in-hand. Then they become entangled in the web of events, compromising what would have been a straight forward solution to the terrorism at hand.

I loved it, although it was super predictable... but clever plot twists in this day and age are hard to come by.

And I've always loved Chloe, but after Mary's stints with the Always Sunny crew, I can only see Gail the Snail now..
Reminds me of watching Band of Brothers and never being able to shake the fact that "Ross" is the dickhead drill instructor.

Chloe said something about Jack not trusting her or something, "especially after what I've been through".. I would imagine that means her capture or losing her family. We'll see, I suppose.

Chloe said something about Jack not trusting her or something, "especially after what I've been through".. I would imagine that means her capture or losing her family. We'll see, I suppose.
Probably has more to do with her having to do time because she wouldn't give up his location and helped him escape at the end of season 8.

"I don't care, just wake the bitch up!"

Oh man, classic Jack, that line was great!

Am I the only CAG still watching this season? I've really been enjoying it.

It's not the best season, but it's not any worse than any of the others. I'm enjoying it. It's classic 24.

I can't believe
Heller
didn't get the silent clock.

Wow, even he didn't want the silent clock.

As much as I hate earring CIA agent for his douchey look, I can't help but feel sorry for that guy. Wait a minute? It's 6 o'clock! Why the hell is the motorcycle repair shop empty at this hour? Is the owner rigidly union or something? Surely somebody's gonna stay at work for a few more hours for those sweet rides. Man, everybody in Britain's already drunk of their asses at this hour?! This country is awesome!

Well, I guess that explains why Heller didn't get the silent clock.

Jack throwing Margot out the window was just amazing. I think the last TV death that left me that satisfied was Jack Welker on Breaking Bad.

Only 3 episodes left. They said the season would cover 24 hours, so we're headed for a time jump somewhere.

bread's done
Back