Photo
- - - - -

SYWR Members $15 in Points on Select Preorders at Kmart Includes Pikmin 3

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#31 srac84

srac84

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:01 PM

hey guys is it for sure that we get $15 in points? I know it says that when we click the link that the OP posted, but when you actually goto the item page to add it to your cart, it doesn't have any info about the points at all..even at checkout..all it says is you will earn 600 points on this order? .. which i think is 60 cents. Anyone have any idea? Thanks.. Also it sucks that most of the games are for xbox what about remember me on ps3??.. haha

#32 srac84

srac84

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

Also, does anyone know if you can still use SWYR points to purchase PSN cards? I thinkkk I read somewhere that they change it recently within the last 2 months where you couldn't use points to purchase PSN cards anymore.. which would suck.. Thanks for your help!

#33 t0fkrunch

t0fkrunch

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:25 PM

For folks wondering: I ordered DKR 3DS on May 11th using a $10 off $30 birthday coupon; I just received a shipping confirmation, and my 15k points have posted as well even though there was no indication of this when I ordered.

#34 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:38 PM

Forgot about this thread. OP should put Kmart in the thread title as it's only Kmart and not Sears.

The site/system is weird and bad. Some guy was able to order May20 another guy ordered earlier but got canceled?

How are people getting free shipping? I placed preordered FFXIV with Soul Hackers a month ago to get free shipping. Just notice there's no obvious way to cancel FF.

#35 dchrisd

dchrisd

F.U. Rosalina! ~ Daisy <3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:55 PM

Just received shipping confirmation too. Havent checked if points posted (15,000 + points earned on order), but will when I get home.

Edited by dchrisd, 23 May 2013 - 01:09 AM.
edit: yep, points posted to my account

Posted Image

#36 johnston306

johnston306

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:05 PM

For folks wondering: I ordered DKR 3DS on May 11th using a $10 off $30 birthday coupon; I just received a shipping confirmation, and my 15k points have posted as well even though there was no indication of this when I ordered.

same here, shipping confirmation and points and order date

#37 Tygamr

Tygamr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:25 PM

Got my points as well. Now if only I knew if I could get another $15 for another game pre-order... Their wording is pretty poor. Also, is a price adjustment possible? I noticed that DK is $5 off next week. Just curious.

#38 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:55 AM

how did you guys get free shipping?

#39 Tygamr

Tygamr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:31 AM

how did you guys get free shipping?

There's a free 3 month trial for 'Shop Your Way Max' which will allow you to get free shipping, or 99ยข 2-day (I think) shipping.

#40 johnston306

johnston306

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:04 PM

DKCR was waiting for me when I got home today. I will go to Kmart on Sunday for $5 back based on their ad and price adjustment policy:

Price adjustments will be given on prior Kmart purchases within 7 days of purchase. You must bring in your original sales receipt to receive the adjustment. Price adjustments will not be given on holiday/seasonal merchandise or merchandise that is on clearance.

#41 orcafan8

orcafan8

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:45 AM

DKCR was waiting for me when I got home today. I will go to Kmart on Sunday for $5 back based on their ad and price adjustment policy:

Price adjustments will be given on prior Kmart purchases within 7 days of purchase. You must bring in your original sales receipt to receive the adjustment. Price adjustments will not be given on holiday/seasonal merchandise or merchandise that is on clearance.

price adjustments are processed as a return, rebuy, and in my experience this makes you lose whatever bonus points the item triggered in the original purchase.

#42 johnston306

johnston306

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:24 PM

price adjustments are processed as a return, rebuy, and in my experience this makes you lose whatever bonus points the item triggered in the original purchase.

well darn and of course kmart employee will be clueless. probably not worth it. thanks for the heads up

#43 SuperMario64

SuperMario64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:27 PM

Do you think I would still get the points if I buy it now?

#44 predseth

predseth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:42 PM

I just chatted with them and they changed the price to $29.99 online. I didn't ask about the $15, but did take a screen cap of it on the preorder page.

#45 johnston306

johnston306

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:52 PM

I just chatted with them and they changed the price to $29.99 online. I didn't ask about the $15, but did take a screen cap of it on the preorder page.

Was the chat helpful? Every time I've chatted with "someone" at kmart.com, I swear it's a robot.

#46 predseth

predseth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:04 PM

Was the chat helpful? Every time I've chatted with "someone" at kmart.com, I swear it's a robot.

I thought so. Didn't take very long. Changed the price without question. Offered to place the order for me but I figured I could do it quicker (plus wanted the 5% U-promise cashback)

#47 SuperMario64

SuperMario64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:44 PM

I thought so. Didn't take very long. Changed the price without question. Offered to place the order for me but I figured I could do it quicker (plus wanted the 5% U-promise cashback)

Hey if you get the $15 points, let us know.

#48 predseth

predseth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:48 PM

Would they show up when marked as shipped?

#49 godsquare

godsquare

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:18 AM

Just off the online chat with Kmart. They issue $0.35 refund (tax) to me immediately. $5 refund will be issued in 3-5 business days.

#50 godsquare

godsquare

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

At the time of the adjustment, all of my 15,000 points still showed in my account. But in this morning, all of them were gone. Oh well - -"

#51 predseth

predseth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:08 PM

Ok, I bought it yesterday for $29.99 online, it shipped this morning, and I did have the $15 worth of points in my account. Should still be good today as well as long as it is shown here (http://www.kmart.com...120000000234646). An even better deal if you got any of the free points they gave out this week for tornado relief.

#52 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

Ok, I bought it yesterday for $29.99 online, it shipped this morning, and I did have the $15 worth of points in my account. Should still be good today as well as long as it is shown here (http://www.kmart.com...120000000234646). An even better deal if you got any of the free points they gave out this week for tornado relief.

Interesting. Might give this a try now if it would only be $30 and I get the $15 coupon. Could just sell it to GS as part of the $35 promo, use the CN code, and then grab Luigi's Mansion for $20, which is a pretty good price there. Would be $50 OoP though, not sure if the GS credit/tax free PS4 is worth it. I guess it kind of is. If the PS4 is $500 I would be looking at around $35 in tax which technically does cancel out DKR.

#53 thehoweller

thehoweller

IllegalCouponPrinter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:56 PM

Kmart's such a bipolar retailer.

-Runs a major sales campaign years ago to get people into their stores to buy games, offering $10-20 coupon codes for new-game purchases
-Fires all employees apart of the campaign after a couple months and does away with the program entirely
-Restarts said program after all of their customers have gone back to far-more coordinated retailers offering much better prices/deals

Fucking Kmart.

Posted Image
For the Earthbound fans...Visit this SMAAASH ing link!
Posted Image

#54 SuperMario64

SuperMario64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:02 PM

Thanks! I'll be sure to put in an order.

#55 BLink

BLink

Since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

Yep, just put in an order for DKCR today, it already shipped and I got the points.

Too bad they don't sell New Leaf for some reason.

#56 slay65

slay65

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:13 PM

So i placed an order and got the 15,000 in points within a couple hours. So it is live as off a couple hours ago.

The points are good until June 30, 2014 for me.

#57 SuperMario64

SuperMario64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

At the time of the adjustment, all of my 15,000 points still showed in my account. But in this morning, all of them were gone. Oh well - -"

Dude, the guy on top of this page said any price adjustments you do will take away the points so in the future, keep that in mind.

#58 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

Anyone got the points using store pick-up from online or think that would work because I would prefer to go that route instead of waiting for it to ship?

#59 Joe Fongul

Joe Fongul

Slave to the Grind..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:46 PM

Ordered DKCR for in-store pickup. I will post after checking in a couple of hours if the $15 in SWYR points shows up or not. If not, I will be heading over to KM to pick up & return the game in one swoop, grab an ad & head over to BB for a price match so I can grab the Lost Levels DL instead...
Posted Image

#60 SuperMario64

SuperMario64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

Just got my shipping confirm and points. That was quick.