SYWR Members $15 in Points on Select Preorders at Kmart Includes Pikmin 3

[quote name='Timenice']Link Dosn't work.
Would love to m ow about for dk returns on 3ds be cheaper then my newegg order[/QUOTE]

sorry about the link...the deal is on kmart.com's music/movies/gaming front page very top

Maybe you could then post working link?

Just to clarify, when they say "Limit 1 per customer" they only mean per game? i.e. pre-order Pikmin 3 and DK3D would get me $30 in SYWR points?

Seems like at good deal for Nintendo Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D.

$35-$15 rewards = $20 net + tax.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']Just to clarify, when they say "Limit 1 per customer" they only mean per game? i.e. pre-order Pikmin 3 and DK3D would get me $30 in SYWR points?[/QUOTE]

Right.

[quote name='SuperMario64']Is this for both online and in-store?[/QUOTE]

you can preorder instore?

It doesn't seem any of the product pages mention the promo. I recalled when I preordered Soul Hackers and FFXIV (during the 10% off all games), the $15 points promo showed FFXIV's page

Make sure you guys sign up for a Shop your way account to get the points. For this deal you would get 15,000 points = $15 and you can use any amount at the register or online. When you have the account, you could get sent a random $5 worth of points every couple months. I've been using those to buy 3 packs of haribos each time.

If you want to save an additional $7 you could also register a certain Visa Credit cards to your account to 7,000 points for free.
http://www.shopyourway.com/rewardspartners/link-a-card-now

I have a question regarding Shop Your Way Rewards in general. Is it fairly easy to do Points Redemptions? Can you use them on most orders at K-Mart? I am highly interested in this deal with the $15 back in Points along with the $7 back from linking a qualified Visa Credit Card, but I would likely cash out my points on a PSN Card or Nintendo eShop Card. Can SYWR Points be used toward those?

[quote name='GBAstar']I hope you guys enjoy calling customer support hotlines because the majority of you will have to to get your points.[/QUOTE]

This is what's making me lean towards not doing this deal. I could really see Kmart ficking this up some how...and I'll be doing it online, which I could see making it more of a pain in the ass....but I REALLY want DK...

[quote name='Vap']This is what's making me lean towards not doing this deal. I could really see Kmart ficking this up some how...and I'll be doing it online, which I could see making it more of a pain in the ass....but I REALLY want DK...[/QUOTE]

Sometimes I unexpectedly get the best deals at Kmart because of unannounced SYWR promos and other times I'll go in expecting to earn something due to an advertised promotion or a coupon and the points... just.. don't... post.

This past week I earned coupons that said "Earn $20 in points when you spend $100 in electronics" and none of the points posted after I used the coupon (and met the requirements). Thankfully a quick call to the SYWR team (1-800-991-8708) took care of the problem. If it is less then $20 in dispute I'm pretty sure they can fix the problem instantly. If it is more then $20 they have to open a ticket.

I actually have found the SYWR customer service department to be infinitely better then the general SHC (Kmart/Sears) customer service departments in regards to resolving issues.

But that said I still run into problems about 10%-20% off the time using coupons or participating in promotions where you earn points or "award cards".

Deals that involve gaming coupons always worked for me on the otherhand.

But you win some and lose some. Last week for whatever reason I was getting ungodly amounts of points on things. I bought a Flash accessory for my DSLR camera that was on clearance for ~ $100 at Sears and I was suppose to get $20 back for spending $100 and I got $60 back.

This seems like the best deal currently available for Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D so I went ahead and placed an order. Best Buy is offering a downloadable code for Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels, but $15 worth of SYWR Points appeals more to me. Thanks for the post, OP!

The reviews so far have been very positive and this seems like a perfect game to play on the Nintendo 3DS.

[quote name='fei33']This seems like the best deal currently available for Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D so I went ahead and placed an order. Best Buy is offering a downloadable code for Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels, but $15 worth of SYWR Points appeals more to me. Thanks for the post, OP!

The reviews so far have been very positive and this seems like a perfect game to play on the Nintendo 3DS.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure the reviews are positive, I thought there were framerate issues?

[quote name='dchrisd']Are you sure the reviews are positive, I thought there were framerate issues?[/QUOTE]

Fairly sure. Metacritic does an aggregate score of a lot of video games review websites and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D is currently at 87 / 100.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/donkey-kong-country-returns-3d

However, in some of the articles I read it did mention that the framerates were not the consistent 60 fps of the Nintendo Wii original. It does not appear to be a considerable issue, otherwise the game would have been rated much lower.

How do you know if the rewards points will be added to your account? So far, on the checkout page, below the total, it says I'm only getting 600 points and would like to know if there is any indication that the pre-order offer was applied . Also can anyone confirm if coupons are able to be combined with this offer? The Terms and Conditions for the coupon don't expressly forbid it but I'd figure I'd ask anyway in case someone knew.

Put in an order for Donkey Kong. Wasn't able to for the past few days, because there wasn't a pre-order option on the product page, just a little 'coming soon' box. Hopefully everything works out and I get the points.

Their pre-order page is very lacking to be honest.

Nice deal on DKR3DS aside from the big frame rate issues and (doesn't effect me since I have an XL) the apparent losses suffered by playing it on a standard 3DS. Wish AC was part of this promo, would cancel my GS preorder for it.

Could be good if one plans on reselling, if Nintendo runs a limited first print of this game and it takes off, but the marketing push doesn't seem nearly as large for this as it was for Luigi's Mansion nor does it have the built in fervent audience of something like Fire Emblem.

Still, good deal if K-Mart doesn't fuck it up and one doesn't have a local BB or doesn't want to sign up for GCU for the $20 RZ cert promo. Also a few games that aren't on there, which is cool if BB doesn't extend the $20 RZ cert promo in to the fall again.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Nice deal on DKR3DS aside from the big frame rate issues and (doesn't effect me since I have an XL) the apparent losses suffered by playing it on a standard 3DS. Wish AC was part of this promo, would cancel my GS preorder for it. [/QUOTE]

When the promo was first announced (at the end of April, there was another thread for it), they showed AC in the promo pic. A product page wasn't up then, and still isn't up now- though it will probably show up by the start of June (hopefully). If a product page does show up, the deal is supposed to apply, as the deal is for all pre-orders until the end of the year. The wording seems to suggest the promo only works once per person though :/

(First thread for the deal): http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=342201

Yeah, I remember it being announced and having that AC picture, but assumed it wasn't a part since the game is out so soon and it's no listed. Will continue to monitor though, because I would be down with that. Half considering getting DKR3DS and just trying to Craig's List it or something to mostly recoup my initial investment then use the $15 rewards coupon on AC. At that point it wouldn't matter much to me if I don't get another $15 one since there's not much else on the horizon I would want to pay like $45 for or on sale that I still want. But the Craig's List thing seems like way too much trouble and I don't like to exploit promos generally.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Nice deal on DKR3DS aside from the big frame rate issues and (doesn't effect me since I have an XL) the apparent losses suffered by playing it on a standard 3DS. Wish AC was part of this promo, would cancel my GS preorder for it.

Could be good if one plans on reselling, if Nintendo runs a limited first print of this game and it takes off, but the marketing push doesn't seem nearly as large for this as it was for Luigi's Mansion nor does it have the built in fervent audience of something like Fire Emblem.

Still, good deal if K-Mart doesn't fuck it up and one doesn't have a local BB or doesn't want to sign up for GCU for the $20 RZ cert promo. Also a few games that aren't on there, which is cool if BB doesn't extend the $20 RZ cert promo in to the fall again.[/QUOTE]

Bb doesn't offer any deals on do returns ?

I don't think so, and no where seems to have an AC deal aside from the trade promo at GS or maybe a NewEgg pre-order sale that I missed. K-Mart definitely seems the place to buy DKR, just not super interested in playing a game that is mechanically better but technically worse than the Wii version. Based on what reviews are saying, anyhow.

I placed a preorder for DK on May 13. I just received an email from Kmart stating that it was cancelled. When I go to Kmart.com, it says that it is Temporarily Unavailable. I called a phone number in the email, and after talking to the rep, she said that she can't place the order for me because there aren't anymore available for preorder. My only options are to wait and hope it becomes available for preorder later, or to pick it up on or after release. If i do get it on or after release, I would miss out on the $15 in points.
I'm on hold. trying to get a hold of a supervisor to try to lock the $15 in points just in case I do have to buy it on or after release.

hey guys is it for sure that we get $15 in points? I know it says that when we click the link that the OP posted, but when you actually goto the item page to add it to your cart, it doesn't have any info about the points at all..even at checkout..all it says is you will earn 600 points on this order? .. which i think is 60 cents. Anyone have any idea? Thanks.. Also it sucks that most of the games are for xbox what about remember me on ps3??.. haha

Also, does anyone know if you can still use SWYR points to purchase PSN cards? I thinkkk I read somewhere that they change it recently within the last 2 months where you couldn't use points to purchase PSN cards anymore.. which would suck.. Thanks for your help!

For folks wondering: I ordered DKR 3DS on May 11th using a $10 off $30 birthday coupon; I just received a shipping confirmation, and my 15k points have posted as well even though there was no indication of this when I ordered.

Forgot about this thread. OP should put Kmart in the thread title as it's only Kmart and not Sears.

The site/system is weird and bad. Some guy was able to order May20 another guy ordered earlier but got canceled?

How are people getting free shipping? I placed preordered FFXIV with Soul Hackers a month ago to get free shipping. Just notice there's no obvious way to cancel FF.

Just received shipping confirmation too. Havent checked if points posted (15,000 + points earned on order), but will when I get home.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='t0fkrunch']For folks wondering: I ordered DKR 3DS on May 11th using a $10 off $30 birthday coupon; I just received a shipping confirmation, and my 15k points have posted as well even though there was no indication of this when I ordered.[/QUOTE]

same here, shipping confirmation and points and order date

Got my points as well. Now if only I knew if I could get another $15 for another game pre-order... Their wording is pretty poor. Also, is a price adjustment possible? I noticed that DK is $5 off next week. Just curious.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']how did you guys get free shipping?[/QUOTE]

There's a free 3 month trial for 'Shop Your Way Max' which will allow you to get free shipping, or 99¢ 2-day (I think) shipping.

DKCR was waiting for me when I got home today. I will go to Kmart on Sunday for $5 back based on their ad and price adjustment policy:

Price adjustments will be given on prior Kmart purchases within 7 days of purchase. You must bring in your original sales receipt to receive the adjustment. Price adjustments will not be given on holiday/seasonal merchandise or merchandise that is on clearance.

[quote name='johnston306']DKCR was waiting for me when I got home today. I will go to Kmart on Sunday for $5 back based on their ad and price adjustment policy:

Price adjustments will be given on prior Kmart purchases within 7 days of purchase. You must bring in your original sales receipt to receive the adjustment. Price adjustments will not be given on holiday/seasonal merchandise or merchandise that is on clearance.[/QUOTE]

price adjustments are processed as a return, rebuy, and in my experience this makes you lose whatever bonus points the item triggered in the original purchase.

[quote name='orcafan8']price adjustments are processed as a return, rebuy, and in my experience this makes you lose whatever bonus points the item triggered in the original purchase.[/QUOTE]

well darn and of course kmart employee will be clueless. probably not worth it. thanks for the heads up

I just chatted with them and they changed the price to $29.99 online. I didn't ask about the $15, but did take a screen cap of it on the preorder page.

[quote name='predseth']I just chatted with them and they changed the price to $29.99 online. I didn't ask about the $15, but did take a screen cap of it on the preorder page.[/QUOTE]

Was the chat helpful? Every time I've chatted with "someone" at kmart.com, I swear it's a robot.

[quote name='johnston306']Was the chat helpful? Every time I've chatted with "someone" at kmart.com, I swear it's a robot.[/QUOTE]

I thought so. Didn't take very long. Changed the price without question. Offered to place the order for me but I figured I could do it quicker (plus wanted the 5% U-promise cashback)

[quote name='predseth']I thought so. Didn't take very long. Changed the price without question. Offered to place the order for me but I figured I could do it quicker (plus wanted the 5% U-promise cashback)[/QUOTE]

Hey if you get the $15 points, let us know.

Just off the online chat with Kmart. They issue $0.35 refund (tax) to me immediately. $5 refund will be issued in 3-5 business days.

bread's done
Back