Turtle Beach Refurbished Headsets at BB + FS

Refurbished/Recertified products are not supported by Turtle Beach. Depending on the vendor they usually come with a 30-day Warranty. Since they are sold at a substantially reduced price, if the product develops some defect, you have no recourse and Turtle Beach is not responsible in any way for these types of purchases. A typical source that sells refurbished Turtle Beach products is Woot.com but you may also find them through other sources such as Amazon, Newegg, eBay, etc. Turtle Beach does not sell any refurbished or recertified products.

Just so you guys know before buying.

Amazon trade in credit for the X32 is $34.40 right now (Like New)

You could make some money or transfer credit from BB to Amazon this way.
Was able to use up some Rewards Zone certificates this way.

[quote name='Shimrra']I'm curious do you hear the sound from the game in the headphones or only the voice chat?[/QUOTE]

Both

[quote name='360maniac_com']So, what's the quality/condition like on these refurbs?[/QUOTE]

I ordered the Deltas about two weeks ago for $85 which I thought was an unbeatable deal until I saw them on sale for $60 which is incredible (sadly no proce guarantee on refurb items). The condition of my Deltas is like new. There are some very light and minor scratches on them, but nothing they wouldn't get after a couple of weeks of use from me. Over the past couple of years, I have purchased a like new XP500 from Amazon and a refurb X41 from Woot. The Delta headphones are in the same or better condition as those.

[quote name='Shimrra']I'm curious do you hear the sound from the game in the headphones or only the voice chat?[/QUOTE]

I'm not exactly sure of your question, but i'll take a guess. I believe all of these (not quite certain on the cheapest ones) will provide a mix of regular game audio and chat audio. Most of them will let you adjust the levels for both so you can have all of one or the other if desired. Turtle Beach makes a fantastic product (other brands are good too) and you will likely get spoiled if you try one. The higher end headphones are a great substitute for my surround sound system when I need to chat or am playing late at night.

[quote name='Shimrra']Thanks guys for the prompt response, I will definitely stop by my local BB and see what they got.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure i've ever seen refurbs in-store, but I suppose it's possible.

I have a wireless set of turtle beaches (x41's) and I can offer this advice about the models like mine and the ear force delta. They run on 2.4 ghz, which is a extremely common range for things like wireless routers and household electronics, because of this they often turn off randomly because of interference from other things.

It's extremely annoying and I would advise that if you wanted wireless turtle beaches that you buy the newer 5.8 ghz models as they do no have this problem.

Other than this I love the turtle beach brand and would recommend them to anyone.

[quote name='goodnight144']I have a wireless set of turtle beaches (x41's) and I can offer this advice about the models like mine and the ear force delta. They run on 2.4 ghz, which is a extremely common range for things like wireless routers and household electronics, because of this they often turn off randomly because of interference from other things.

It's extremely annoying and I would advise that if you wanted wireless turtle beaches that you buy the newer 5.8 ghz models as they do no have this problem.

Other than this I love the turtle beach brand and would recommend them to anyone.[/QUOTE]

I have the X41, XP500, and Delta's All of them run on 2.4 GHz without a problem. I do ocassionally notice a slight bit of popping when I use the wifi on my phone with them on, but it's not a big deal for me. I have a dual band router, so that probably helps, but if you keep other 2.4 GHz items away from the base or headset, you should be fine. Most of the complaints I have seen online seemed to indicate that once they played with the placement of the base, the issue went away.

That being said, definitely get the 5.8 GHz if you can find some that meet your budget since they should be overall a little better. The 5.8 GHz are dual band with 2.4 GHz so you should get whichever band works best with your environment. Personally, I got all of mine refurb at great prices, so I was willing to compromise and just have 2.4 GHz.

This may not be the best place to ask this, but it's relevant to the topic. I bought the X32 headset, and I'm having trouble pairing/connecting it to the transmitter. I'm following all the instructions, but the two just never seem to connect. Has anyone had this problem or does anyone have a possible solution?

Edit: nevermind; I didn't have the damn thing plugged all the way into the usb port. Ignore me. >_

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='keyblader1985']This may not be the best place to ask this, but it's relevant to the topic. I bought the X32 headset, and I'm having trouble pairing/connecting it to the transmitter. I'm following all the instructions, but the two just never seem to connect. Has anyone had this problem or does anyone have a possible solution?

Edit: nevermind; I didn't have the damn thing plugged all the way into the usb port. Ignore me. >_

How do you guys set up your headsets on Windows? I'm having a hard time with mine. I can either set them up to mic or speaker, not both. When I set it up to mic, I can see it as a microphone but when I test speech recognition, it doesn't do a thing...

[quote name='cero5']i got my x32 today in the mail im not to happy.my x12 outclasses it in every way.[/QUOTE]

How so? I already own a pair of X12s and was considering the X32s.

How so? I already own a pair of X12s and was considering the X32s.

my x12 is twice as loud and better in every regard (bass,volume control,ect) i was assuming the headphones would have equal power but was wrong, i tried comparing with several games to no avail.

[quote name='Juub']How do you guys set up your headsets on Windows? I'm having a hard time with mine. I can either set them up to mic or speaker, not both. When I set it up to mic, I can see it as a microphone but when I test speech recognition, it doesn't do a thing...[/QUOTE]
adapter?

bread's done
Back