New Music Releases

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
OK, no one wants to talk up one specific album so what is everyone looking forward to? I just got a copy of the new Vampire Weekend and it's pretty good.

_______

The National - Trouble Will Find Me [May 20].

Anyone else loving this? Album of the year for me.

[youtube]bFnA-8H-5lo[/youtube]

[youtube]yIWmRbHDhGw[/youtube]

[youtube]N527oBKIPMc[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dokstarr']I will check it out. I really liked Bloodbuzz Ohio a few years back and thought the video was pretty awesome.[/QUOTE]

That's a great song. If you start to listen to these guys focus on the drums. The dude is insane.

Really like the new Streetlight Manifesto album. Preordered it from their RISC store but the whole issue with their record company has indefinitely delayed the shipping.

I always thought Vampire Weekend sucked, but I like most of what I have heard from their new album.

SiriusXMU keeps playing Dont Swallow The Cap and I really am liking that song. Hadnt heard anything from the national I really liked before then, but I got to check out some of their other stuff.

Have yet to listen to the 2 albums you posted. I'll get around to them but for the last few days I've been enjoying Random Access Memories by Daft Punk.

I am looking forward to Alice in Chains 2013 release. The lead single was alright. I enjoyed their last release. My only concern is that it will be more of the same.

I can't get into Daft Punk for some reason. Not my thing I guess although the lead single off the new record is pretty good.

I'm also looking forward to the new AiC album - the last one was surprisingly good considering no Layne Staley. It wasn't groundbreaking or anything but I missed the sludge

Have you guys heard the new STP single with the Linkin Park guy singing lead? It's actually pretty good! The music is unmistakeably STP and the vocals kind of sort of sound like Weiland but not really if that makes any sense. Check it out:

[youtube]pjnR-73BfzA[/youtube]

Add me into the looking forward to the new AiC album club. I really liked their last one.

I think the new Daft Punk is extremely lame, if anyone else made that album nobody would care. 80% of the album isn't Daft Punk to me.

I thought the last STP album was terrible so I don't care about the new album at all. The last one seemed so desperate to be mainstream, any one of those songs could be played on the radio. Not that they were a heavy band, but they had some awesome tuned down super grunge songs, that last album had none of that.

Oh yeah and I forgot that new Kanye West should be out next month. Super hyped.

EDIT: Boards of Canada and Sigur Ros have new albums in June too?! Too much man too much. This year has had almost too much. Perhaps it will be a front loaded year.

Immolation just released a new one. I haven't heard it yet but the tracks they played last night sounded good. New Uncle Acid is also very good.

As for looking forward to new things, I'm intrigued by new Black Sabbath though it'll probably suck. Same goes for the new Carcass album. At the least the new Nux Vomica will be amazing if they ever get around to releasing it, as should the new Impaled.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Immolation just released a new one. I haven't heard it yet but the tracks they played last night sounded good. New Uncle Acid is also very good.

As for looking forward to new things, I'm intrigued by new Black Sabbath though it'll probably suck. Same goes for the new Carcass album. At the least the new Nux Vomica will be amazing if they ever get around to releasing it, as should the new Impaled.[/QUOTE]

Man you listen to some crazy stuff. I can appreciate the music (mostly) but I just cannot get past the vocals.

Immolation's new album is solid, almost as good as Majesty & Decay. Thanks for informing me of impending Impaled release :bouncy:

I'm enjoying quite a few tracks off of Random Access Memories. I think it's a great summer album. Other than that, I'm mostly hyped for Kanye. His SNL performances the other night were nuts, as usual.

Tomorrow May 21st 2013 Primus will be re-releasing Sailing the Seas of Cheese on Blu-Ray 5.1 surround and DVD, as well as a new stereo mix on vinyl. You all owe it to yourselves to pick this masterpiece up!

This thread has caused me to search the interweb and/or webs to find good new music. It seems kids today don't listen to rock music. That makes Fat Elvis cry. And Young Elvis. Anyway, this is pretty darn good. I know there is a lot of other fantastic stuff out there, but I've never heard of these guys, and they make some pretty cool sounds:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngcCqJRM2u0

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Immolation just released a new one. I haven't heard it yet but the tracks they played last night sounded good. New Uncle Acid is also very good.

As for looking forward to new things, I'm intrigued by new Black Sabbath though it'll probably suck. Same goes for the new Carcass album. At the least the new Nux Vomica will be amazing if they ever get around to releasing it, as should the new Impaled.[/QUOTE]

I still need to pick up that new Uncle Acid album.

I'm also skeptical about the new Sabbath. The songs I've heard so far are ok, but not Sabbath quality. I bought tickets to their Philly show, so I'll probably pick the album up anyway so I'll be familiar with the new stuff.

[quote name='ShirtSizeXXXLXT']Tomorrow May 21st 2013 Primus will be re-releasing Sailing the Seas of Cheese on Blu-Ray 5.1 surround and DVD, as well as a new stereo mix on vinyl. You all owe it to yourselves to pick this masterpiece up![/QUOTE]

Shit, you're right. Amazon isn't shipping mine until June, I think I'll cancel it and go to Best Buy.

[quote name='DestroVega']I think the new Daft Punk is brilliant. The EDM crowd will probably hate it as it's a huge change up.[/QUOTE]

Most of it is not EDM, so yeah, it's not that great to us. Like I said, if any other musician made this album, absolutely no one would care, it's so average it's unbelievable. Almost every song has the same exact beat. Tron Legacy was a better Daft Punk album than this. Wake me up when they remember why they're popular.

[quote name='tcrash247']Most of it is not EDM, so yeah, it's not that great to us. Like I said, if any other musician made this album, absolutely no one would care, it's so average it's unbelievable. Almost every song has the same exact beat. Tron Legacy was a better Daft Punk album than this. Wake me up when they remember why they're popular.[/QUOTE]

They will remix RAM on their own so maybe that will be more to your liking. Well that is assuming that it will be more set up for concerts which I will admit the new album would not really fit with the other material. I do hope so as I'd love to catch these guys live.

EDIT: I guess not the entire album. Just some of the songs for now. Get Lucky is to be remixed and released in June.

[quote name='tcrash247']Most of it is not EDM, so yeah, it's not that great to us. Like I said, if any other musician made this album, absolutely no one would care, it's so average it's unbelievable. Almost every song has the same exact beat. Tron Legacy was a better Daft Punk album than this. Wake me up when they remember why they're popular.[/QUOTE]

They tried to do something different, an album of late 70's-early 80's disco and funk that is highly produced it almost sounds electronic while still sounding old. I commend them for it.

There's enough EDM that sounds exactly the same as everything else to satisfy those fans.

And like the above poster said, expect this material to be HIGHLY remixed. Every current EDM giant worships these guys.

I also wanna add, on Human After All they made an album with songs that had the sound they are popular for an it was a critical and commercial utter flop.

Haters gonna hate. Their sound is so refreshing in a sea of pop music that I love it to death. It's something I can just put on and feel good, no matter what's going on. Can't remember the last time I actually bought a CD for something, but I bet it was Alive 2007 lol.

I don't really listen to a whole lot of today's music, so I don't have a whole lot to look forward to. But I am very anxiously waiting for the new Cage The Elephant album sometime this year. (I check for a release date at least twice a week.) Also pretty excited about the new Fratellis album, as I've recently gotten into them and Costello Music is fantastic.

[quote name='DestroVega']They tried to do something different, an album of late 70's-early 80's disco and funk that is highly produced it almost sounds electronic while still sounding old. I commend them for it.

There's enough EDM that sounds exactly the same as everything else to satisfy those fans.

And like the above poster said, expect this material to be HIGHLY remixed. Every current EDM giant worships these guys.

I also wanna add, on Human After All they made an album with songs that had the sound they are popular for an it was a critical and commercial utter flop.[/QUOTE]

Was it a flop? I didn't like EDM at the time that was released so I didn't know that. I really do like that album.

Yes, this is an album that sounds like 70s-80s disco but I feel like they didn't make it their own, save for a few tracks. It's just boring to me. Then again, I don't like 70s-80s disco so maybe that's why I don't care about it. Believe me, I've been through radical changes in musician's material and sound the sound they changed to I've already liked that type of sound or music. This is just not my thing. But like you said, this stuff is going to get remixed a ton. Daft Punk even said they'll be remixing all the tracks themselves, so I'm really looking forward to that.

Part of my problem might be that this album was hyped SO MUCH but I wasn't aware it was going to be drastically different. I didn't think Get Lucky was going to be a perfect representation for the rest of the album.

Like you said, there's a lot of EDM out now that I'm enjoying immensely so it's not like I have this void that Daft Punk left.

After seeing Boris this past weekend and hearing some new songs, I'm really hoping they release another album this year. They have a tendency to do a few albums/EPs every year and so far they're only at three.

[quote name='Javery']I can't get into Daft Punk for some reason. Not my thing I guess although the lead single off the new record is pretty good.

I'm also looking forward to the new AiC album - the last one was surprisingly good considering no Layne Staley. It wasn't groundbreaking or anything but I missed the sludge

Have you guys heard the new STP single with the Linkin Park guy singing lead? It's actually pretty good! The music is unmistakeably STP and the vocals kind of sort of sound like Weiland but not really if that makes any sense. Check it out:

[youtube]pjnR-73BfzA[/youtube][/QUOTE]

There's some sort of disconnect happening in my brain right now.. I keep thinking that Scott's singing and the vocals have just been tweaked. It's weird. STP without Weiland isn't STP. In fact, STP without Weiland is Talk Show.

I just read that this isn't a one time thing and he's the new frontman. What the crap..

bread's done
Back