Ways to extend Best buy RZ certificate.

Xellos2099

CAGiversary!
Feedback
63 (100%)
I got a problem. I got a $20 best buy RZ certificate that's going to expire in like 4 days. Is there a best method for me to extend it? I heard story where if I preorder something online and then cancel it work, is it true?

You can do that, or buy something, and return.

Basically when they give it back to you after it's used they have to reissue it as a new certificate, so you have options on how you want to do it.

Why don't you just buy something there that you might *gasp* actually use?

If you buy something and return it, you'll get a return charged against your DL #, so you don't want to accumulate too many of those or you'll be banned against returns.

If you do a pre-order and cancel it, you should get back another RZ cert, or the same for a buy and return.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shrike4242']Why don't you just buy something there that you might *gasp* actually use?[/QUOTE]

Tsk tsk shrike, how long have you been on CAG? ;)

1j02f.jpg

Maybe things have changed, because last year when I returned something I used a cert on, the points went back into my account unattached to a cert.

Some of us prefer to shop elsewhere. The last time I used a RZ certificate, I bought an Amazon g.c. I currently have 2 certificates available, but don't know the next time I'll be close enough to a BB (I live about an hour to the nearest one) to use them, so this information is actually pretty useful.

I returned a purchase that I used my BB RZ certificate on a month or so ago and it reset the timer for the certificate. That's the only way that I know to extend certificate expiration dates.

Not sure if this works. Buy something online for in store pickup and cancel it right away, if you can't cancel then wait the 7 days and you should get your certificate back.

bread's done
Back