Ways to extend Best buy RZ certificate.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Xellos2099

Xellos2099

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:39 PM

I got a problem. I got a $20 best buy RZ certificate that's going to expire in like 4 days. Is there a best method for me to extend it? I heard story where if I preorder something online and then cancel it work, is it true?

#2 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:48 PM

You can do that, or buy something, and return.

Basically when they give it back to you after it's used they have to reissue it as a new certificate, so you have options on how you want to do it.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#3 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:52 PM

Why don't you just buy something there that you might *gasp* actually use?

If you buy something and return it, you'll get a return charged against your DL #, so you don't want to accumulate too many of those or you'll be banned against returns.

If you do a pre-order and cancel it, you should get back another RZ cert, or the same for a buy and return.

Edited by shrike4242, 20 May 2013 - 09:02 PM.

#4 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:36 PM

Why don't you just buy something there that you might *gasp* actually use?

Tsk tsk shrike, how long have you been on CAG? ;)

Posted Image
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#5 sgand

sgand

Aim for the flap top

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:49 PM

Maybe things have changed, because last year when I returned something I used a cert on, the points went back into my account unattached to a cert.

#6 SlammedNiss

SlammedNiss

Mine hits the ground!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:41 PM

Some of us prefer to shop elsewhere. The last time I used a RZ certificate, I bought an Amazon g.c. I currently have 2 certificates available, but don't know the next time I'll be close enough to a BB (I live about an hour to the nearest one) to use them, so this information is actually pretty useful.

#7 ColFantastic

ColFantastic

Ranking Officer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:45 PM

I returned a purchase that I used my BB RZ certificate on a month or so ago and it reset the timer for the certificate. That's the only way that I know to extend certificate expiration dates.

#8 247

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:50 PM

Not sure if this works. Buy something online for in store pickup and cancel it right away, if you can't cancel then wait the 7 days and you should get your certificate back.