The Fandango Wrestling Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
509 replies to this topic

#91 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:32 PM

Always disappointed that at the top it's still very much the "Independent Contractor" stance. They'll wash their hands of everything negative that happens to you unless you're a moneymaker.
Posted Image

#92 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:36 PM

I agree on switching them, since Axel as a last name is questionable, but... even if they're intent on this, why Curtis? Even Curt Axel is an improvement.

Makes me wonder if they changed it sometime that day. Because if you notice with the graphic in his entrance(which there's a pic in Jay's blog), it even says "Curt Axel".

#93 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:11 PM

So Wade Barrett changed his theme again...

... and it's worse than before??? How can he keep fucking this up.

#94 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:20 PM

Smart of WWE to rub some of Heyman's heat onto Joe Hennig. Gotta believe Heyman himself chose Hennig. I imagine WWE would have given him someone going nowhere like Randy Orton.

With WWE you gotta set the bar low going in because it's WWE, but I have no grievances with the name "Curtis Axel." Heyman did a very good job explaining it to the LCD and kids.

What I find funny is that Triple H still refuses to job. He surpasses Hulk Hogan in my mind as the most selfish person in wrasslin history. He straight-up murdered Axel's buzz. A good ol' fashion 2000s Triple H move in 2013. Incredible.

#95 bg88

bg88

Michael Mann fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:22 PM

So Wade Barrett changed his theme again...

... and it's worse than before??? How can he keep fucking this up.

His revolving door of themes is getting out of hand. I used to like Barrett before he left for a while (when he was feuding with Orton). Since he came back with his new style, I've found him to be pretty forgettable.
Posted Image

#96 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:35 PM

Smart of WWE to rub some of Heyman's heat onto Joe Hennig. Gotta believe Heyman himself chose Hennig. I imagine WWE would have given him someone going nowhere like Randy Orton.

With WWE you gotta set the bar low going in because it's WWE, but I have no grievances with the name "Curtis Axel." Heyman did a very good job explaining it to the LCD and kids.

What I find funny is that Triple H still refuses to job. He surpasses Hulk Hogan in my mind as the most selfish person in wrasslin history. He straight-up murdered Axel's buzz. A good ol' fashion 2000s Triple H move in 2013. Incredible.

Posted Image

That's still my favorite wrestling gif ever.

From what I've read, HHH is actually pretty high on Hennig and has been for a while. I just don't know where they're headed after last night. Maybe they're setting it up to say Hennig is the one who ended HHH's career?

I just will never be able to buy him as a star. Even without his "Moment...uh...moment...uh...genesis...this...McGillicutty" promo, he has the look of a goofy overgrown toddler. If anyone can get him over, then it's Heyman, but I'll believe it when I see it.

#97 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:22 AM

Unless he's really upped his mic work, the solution is simply to allow Heyman to control the mic as much as possible while Little Perfect scowls.
Posted Image

#98 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:25 AM

I think his music helps a lot. Pro wrestling is about presentation. He's lucky he got a good tune.

Just because: A good example is The Sandman. A legitimate icon in ECW, but only in ECW, and for a very obvious reason. Watch his WCW and WWE ECW entrances and see how you feel. Just ain't the same.

#99 Dr. Venkman

Dr. Venkman

Body Piercer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:41 PM

Hennig needs new wrestling attire. The tights he's sporting make him look like he bought Marc Mero's old gear.

Give the guy leather pants (like test) and a top of some kind. The Shield work very well as wrestlers but the attire makes them that much cooler. I feel the same would work for Hennig. And the less talking, the better. Make him make irrational, angry decisions; make him assault people/resort to tactics with zero remorse. Perhaps give him a trademark foreign object?

I know it seriously sounds like I am trying for gimmick central here but I feel that he is a decent wrestler that will improve over time...just sad that his mic skills, if left unchecked may shovel his career.
I'm not yellow. I'm gold.

#100 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:50 PM

New sig coming soon.

#101 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:39 AM

His gear says to me "I'm not going to say Chris Benoit but I know you're thinking Chris Benoit".

#102 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:53 AM

Demo, you owe me 37 seconds. ;)

Now playing (& watching):
:dvd:-Luther season 3
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#103 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:39 PM

We all remember JBL busting up Blue Meanie at One Night Stand a few years ago, but I'd totally forgotten about the follow up no DQ match between the two. At about 5:25, Stevie Richards gets payback in a spot that I doubt was planned.

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#104 davo1224

davo1224

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

I really started to get back into wrestling around that period. They took the WWE propaganda machine offline for about a month and let the fans have some say.

#105 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:54 PM

We all remember JBL busting up Blue Meanie at One Night Stand a few years ago, but I'd totally forgotten about the follow up no DQ match between the two. At about 5:25, Stevie Richards gets payback in a spot that I doubt was planned.

I just read that on my Cracked app.

#106 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:41 PM

I just read that on my Cracked app.

Me too! High-five!

#107 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:17 AM

Another good cracked Article!

http://www.cracked.c...-pro-wrestling/

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#108 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:48 AM

Ha, I remember this show because it was the one time I was ever at a broadcasted show. That blurry red shirt that goes from left to right around 6:30 is me.

Less blurry but still blurry screencap I saved, spoiled for size:

Spoiler

This event is also memorable for the infamous "Masked Terrorist" beat down of the Undertaker by Muhammad Hassan that happened to be taped days before the London Bombings. Good times.
Posted Image

#109 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:03 AM

http://www.youtube.c...?v=7HM0nHZAo9k

I like where this is going.

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#110 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:15 AM

So the only thing Perfect Jr had going for him was his theme, now even WWE took that away from him (the Perfect instrumental is still there but now heavily toned down with more guitar)

#111 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:18 AM

:rofl:

WWE gonna WWE.

#112 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:23 AM

I think the direction for that shoot must've went something like this: "Look up to the left, now up to the right. Now glare. Finish with a rape-y smile. Okay, we're good."

#113 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:02 AM

For anyone interested, Colt Cabana had Smash on his podcast this week.

http://tsmradio.com/coltcabana/

35bb9lx.gif

#114 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:13 AM

So the only thing Perfect Jr had going for him was his theme, now even WWE took that away from him (the Perfect instrumental is still there but now heavily toned down with more guitar)

Man, they are just hellbent on never giving him any of the rub associated in being the son of Mr. Perfect.
Posted Image

#115 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:21 AM

When he can throw an 80 yard pass and catch it himself, then we'll talk.

35bb9lx.gif

#116 JaytheGamefan

JaytheGamefan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:55 AM

I'm sure they'd shoot that skit, then show HHH sledgehammering him at the 81st yard.

#117 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:31 AM

Holy shit Wade's new one is bad. Oddly if they added one of the "babbababaababoom" bits right after the heartbeat it would line up pretty well with his entrance poses. I imagine it must be getting lyrics added at some point. Odd that he's pretty much the only guy who gets thrown out there with themes that are constantly being reworked.

#118 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

I went to the NXT taping last night, and it was great. I'm not going to do a whole write up on it, but here is a good one:

http://www.ewrestlin...ng-results?pg=1

Some notes from my end:

Spoiler

A ton of pictures, a bit out of order however:

Spoiler

Edited by Sonne, 24 May 2013 - 05:03 PM.

#119 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:58 PM

Has there been any update on Ziggler lately, health-wise?

#120 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:55 AM

I just watched the Kings of Wrestling/Motor City Machine Guns match at Supercard of Honor V in the Hammerstein. Just incredible. If anyone wants to watch it just post here and I'll PM you the links.

35bb9lx.gif