TPP Bigger Threat than SOPA, ACTA, etc.

detectiveconan16

CAGiversary!
Feedback
46 (100%)
http://gizmodo.com/what-is-tpp-the-biggest-global-threat-to-the-internet-505873598
From what I can gather, behind closed doors is a series of meetings that are taking place to make copyright laws even more stricter. Sites are calling it the biggest threat to the Internet, even though more restrictions on patents and copyrights can easily be applied to a variety of industries. The Gizmodo chart gives an example on how this new trade agreement can make pharmaceutical companies more profitable, due to their industry being entirely dependent on their patents and copyrights. This means that if something like this were passed in the US, or a variety of Westernized countries, it would be harder to get generic versions of drugs on the market. If it also applies to medicine, what other fields can TPP apply to? One feature mentions how patents and copyrights can even apply to "plants and animals."

I've read a little about the TPP, I believe it allows western companies to enter foreign countries like Japan and as the people over there have argued, it would affect their wages, their universal health-care system, which I believe is 100000x better than ours, and would even affect us.

Anyways my main focus, is that it would affect their health-care system as it would allow our US-profit-motivated companies to focus in on the profitable sectors of insurance in their country and would ultimately lay it down as the US has it, which is:

If you're poor, you'll receive little or no care. I hate that and I oppose that with all my soul. The profitable sectors, as Japanese people have explained, those profits go towards caring for the people of low-wage homes; That's how their health-care system remains to exist as universal. I don't recall the bad parts to how it will affect people of the US, but people have said it would be bad for us especially.

So to sum it up, TPP would be bad for people as it would introduce the western-ways to countries and would as it does in the US: treat the poor people like shit. The end.

bread's done
Back