"Style Saavy... for my niece?"

"Riiight..."

#122 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:37 PM

FE is best buy for sure

Mario tennis will hit 19.99 but ocarina of time is one of those games I see staying at MSRP forever like new super Mario btus or Mario 64 on DS

Ocarina of Time has been $20 before.

#123 Chrushev

Chrushev

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:02 PM

Please show me a nationwide store where I can get Fire Emblem and OoT 3D for $25 or less used.

Best Buy, has been available for weeks...

OOT -
http://www.bestbuy.c...na of time&lp=2&cp=1

Fire Emblem -

http://www.bestbuy.c...ire emblem&lp=5&cp=1

#124 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:04 PM

Best Buy, has been available for weeks...

OOT -
http://www.bestbuy.c...na of time&lp=2&cp=1

Fire Emblem -

http://www.bestbuy.c...ire emblem&lp=5&cp=1

That's all fine and dandy but Used != new. This is a great deal for FE.

#125 Chrushev

Chrushev

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:07 PM

A whopping $5 off for a used copy? Do you buy gamestop used games for $54.99 LOL?

That is the dumbest comment today...

5$ off 60$ is 8% off

5$ off 30$ is 16% off

so to go back to your logic... Yes I would buy gamestop's games for 49.99$

back on the subject though... 5$ off of 5 games (lets say Fire Emblem, MH3, OOT, Mario 3D Land, Prof Layton)... would give me a free game... because I would save up another 25$ to buy another one.

So what is your point exactly?

My point was that these are always available for cheaper. So there is no reason to jump on this deal immediatelly, and that since you can always get them cheaper its not a great deal.

Also I am sure most will agree that a cartridge used game is not even comparable to a PC/360/PS3 used game. A used disc can be messed up in more ways than 1... its very hard to mess up a cartridge. So in most cases you are basically buying a new game that has been opened when buying 3DS/DS games used.

#126 Chrushev

Chrushev

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:08 PM

That's all fine and dandy but Used != new. This is a great deal for FE.

See my comment above regarding used cartridge vs used disc games.

#127 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:10 PM

See my comment above regarding used cartridge vs used disc games.

Just because you think it doesn't matter doesn't change the fact that used != new.

#128 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:10 PM

Fuck

I want to use a $5 coupon on FE but the reward zone site is having technical issues

#129 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:13 PM

Is OOT on any other platforms besides 3DS and N64? Was it every released on Virtual Console for Wii?

#130 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:13 PM

Is OOT on any other platforms besides 3DS and N64? Was it every released on Virtual Console for Wii?

Yes. I have that version.

#131 MyCatEdwin

MyCatEdwin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:18 PM

It was on GameCube.

#132 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:18 PM

There's also two different versions on the Gamecube available in disc form.

#133 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:19 PM

Just because you think it doesn't matter doesn't change the fact that used != new.

I agree. If I buy a game that I will most likely keep, I would prefer to be the only owner of it. Most people aren't nearly as careful with their games as I am, particularly on portable games that get shoved in pockets or drink holders. And for disc games, I often wonder how in the hell some of the scratches get on the games. Is there some form of frisbee golf where you use game discs that I am not aware of?

It is going to take more than $5 to make up the difference. If it is a game that I'm just going to play, beat and trade back in then sure.

#134 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:26 PM

I agree. I got like $30 credit from Gamestop for trading in a used Ocarina of Time I bought from Best Buy without the other things that come with a new game and I bought a new one to keep.

#135 Capitalism HOO

Capitalism HOO

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:34 PM

100% agree. Not to mention finding a copy at BBY that has all the extras is slim to none for most people. Some people don't care for the extras, and that's fine. Other people do and this is a good deal for anyone wanting a new copy of FE or OoT.

#136 Blabadon

Blabadon

I just like video games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:49 PM

Last page of the SW Lounge at GameSpot, a user found FE:A and Paper Mario SS for $20 at his Best Buy.

fekhvr.jpg

#137 scottc1s

scottc1s

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:13 PM

Pick up FE:A thanks for the deal !

#138 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:15 PM

Last page of the SW Lounge at GameSpot, a user found FE:A and Paper Mario SS for $20 at his Best Buy.

That was the price there recently and I wouldn't be shocked if it still was.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#139 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:25 PM

That is the dumbest comment today...

5$ off 60$ is 8% off

5$ off 30$ is 16% off

so to go back to your logic... Yes I would buy gamestop's games for 49.99$

back on the subject though... 5$ off of 5 games (lets say Fire Emblem, MH3, OOT, Mario 3D Land, Prof Layton)... would give me a free game... because I would save up another 25$ to buy another one.

So what is your point exactly?

My point was that these are always available for cheaper. So there is no reason to jump on this deal immediatelly, and that since you can always get them cheaper its not a great deal.

Also I am sure most will agree that a cartridge used game is not even comparable to a PC/360/PS3 used game. A used disc can be messed up in more ways than 1... its very hard to mess up a cartridge. So in most cases you are basically buying a new game that has been opened when buying 3DS/DS games used.

Always risk not getting the full case/manual/CN codes. I'm not usually big on reward codes but CN usually has some decent stuff. I don't mind giving support to Nintendo by buying new. Say what you want about them, but they've always stood their ground and sold quality first party stuff.

#140 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:33 PM

If i have a digital copy of 3d land is there a way i can transfer my saved game to the physical copy? Planning on getting 3d land for the collection. Thanks

#141 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:56 PM

AHH can anyone access MyRewardZone right now?

I really want to use my coupon before FE sells out

EDIT: nvm it works now.

Got it for $26 :D

Edited by Ferrari Racer, 16 May 2013 - 12:45 AM.

#142 V878

V878

Let's hug it out

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:15 AM

Shame OoT isn't $10 cheaper. Still regret missing out on those $20 sales last year.

#143 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:21 AM

Any thoughts on Scribblenauts Unlimited?

#144 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:25 AM

If i have a digital copy of 3d land is there a way i can transfer my saved game to the physical copy? Planning on getting 3d land for the collection. Thanks

Nintendo only allows you to transfer saves from physical copies to digital copies, but not vice versa.

#145 plasmabeam

plasmabeam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:28 AM

How is MK7?

And has there been a better price on it?

Check out my gaming blog Title Screen -- Updated DAILY

#146 Miken

Miken

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:30 AM

nvm

#147 walls99

walls99

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:33 AM

Thanks OP. price matched at the sterling west Target store in northern va.

I got the last OOT and there were 2 more FE A left after I bought mine.

#148 ColFantastic

ColFantastic

Ranking Officer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:42 AM

I just bought OOT and ML used at BB last week. Still saved $16 on this sale price!

#149 mwoody450

mwoody450

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:58 AM

Damn good deal on Fire Emblem, which everyone I know won't shut up about. Thanks.

#150 msdmoney

msdmoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:12 AM

Is Fire Emblem that great of a deal, is it really hard to find or something? Is it not expected to dip down to $20 eventually? It just came out a few months ago so it seems like a fine deal for a fairly recent game, but $10 off didn't immediately strike me as amazing. Maybe there is something I'm missing.