Best Buy - 3DS Game Sale - Fire Emblem: Awakening $29.99 + More

I just ordered another copy of Awakening from Amazon TODAY!

I need to contact CS. I think it's past regular cancellation stage.

Wow. Mirror of Fate bombed so hard.

Thanks for the post. I'll be looking into it.

Should I pick up Zelda or Fire Emblem..been wanting FE for awhile now but a physical copy of Zelda is of the same rarity.

Oh man, I was regretful I didn't pick up Ocarina in AWD....I think this is a sign I need to do this. Also anyone who hasn't bought Fire Emblem needs to do this immediately. I'm considering getting one just so I have a physical copy. Thanks for the heads up!

BestBuy again with the great deals! If only they had their own gaming store (whatever happened to that anyways) they would be on top right now.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Considering Mario Tennis and Scribblenauts. I just wish Mario Tennis was RPG styled like the one on GBA was.....[/QUOTE]

oh man I loved that Mario Tennis version. I remember playing that all the time haha.

[quote name='redmangoose']Should I pick up Zelda or Fire Emblem..been wanting FE for awhile now but a physical copy of Zelda is of the same rarity.[/QUOTE]

Awakening's the one that had the most problems with stock. Ocarina of Time had a problem with the price. Just think about those two things.

If Best Buy tries to scam me again, I'll get my $3 on each item this time. ;)

Castlevania is going to need a much bigger sale to move units.

Dammit. My Brother just bought a 3DS XL at Gamestop! I knew this type of sale would happen! But nooooo, he wouldn't believe me! Now he basically lost an extra $20 to spend on Games. :/

Haven't played Mario in a while. Is 3d land the same old mario stuff or is there anything new and worth buying it for ? People who are buying Zelda, it's been available for cheaper.

[quote name='bshirk']Castlevania is going to need a much bigger sale to move units.[/QUOTE]

Word.

If they can somehow get it to update, then maybe they can save it.

[quote name='Olengie']Dammit. My Brother just bought a 3DS XL at Gamestop! I knew this type of sale would happen! But nooooo, he wouldn't believe me! Now he basically lost an extra $20 to spend on Games. :/[/QUOTE]

At least he got PUR points?

A lot of semi-deals on fire emblem lately. Wonder if that means there has been a big reprint (or just continued printing).

[quote name='mask.air.raid']
At least he got PUR points?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but $20 is so much better than PUR Points. :lol:

[quote name='scottman']A lot of semi-deals on fire emblem lately. Wonder if that means there has been a big reprint (or just continued printing).[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call it a reprint as it's a little over 3 months old.

I ordered OoT but hoping I could find a sale down the line to play

Should I bite at FE now? I got 6 physical 3DS games and 8 digital eShop games (and a bunch of other stuff on other consoles.) When New Leaf comes out next month most of my 3DS time will go to that. Is this the cheapest it'll get? I probably wouldn't start playing it until 2014.

[quote name='United_Korea']want to bite on zelda, but the fact that it was once $20 prevents me from doing so :/[/QUOTE]

Just curious, when was it $20? I can't recall. But I also want to get it. I'll probably use a $10 certificate and pretend it was only $20.

Anyone else thought Fire Emblem was just okay? I just recently got the game and I AM definitely comparing it to MH3u.

[quote name='neo_anomaly']Haven't played Mario in a while. Is 3d land the same old mario stuff or is there anything new and worth buying it for ? People who are buying Zelda, it's been available for cheaper.[/QUOTE]

It feels new and familiar I thought it hit a good middle point. If you like 3D it's a must because the game makes great use of 3D. It was much more enjoyable than NSMB 2 for sure. My only real gripe with the game was that it was pretty easy and unlike the Galaxy games that had a bunch of new power ups the only new thing was the boomerang flower which was basically a lame version of a fire flower.

[quote name='Olengie']Yes, but $20 is so much better than PUR Points. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's nowhere near enough points.

[quote name='abhinav']Castlevania is very tempting at $25[/QUOTE]

Not if you know how it goes.

[quote name='karyadi']Anyone else thought Fire Emblem was just okay? I just recently got the game and I AM definitely comparing it to MH3u.[/QUOTE]

...you're comparing two completely different genres there.

[quote name='karyadi']Anyone else thought Fire Emblem was just okay? I just recently got the game and I AM definitely comparing it to MH3u.[/QUOTE]

Definitely seems like something you have to be into. I didn't care for the demo, AT ALL.

And, no, playing the full game isn't going to change my mind.

[quote name='kitsunisan']...you're comparing two completely different genres there.[/QUOTE]

This.

I mean it's in 3D, there are humanoids, and there is customization, but you'd really need to dig to get a lot more similarities.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Definitely seems like something you have to be into. I didn't care for the demo, AT ALL.

And, no, playing the full game isn't going to change my mind.[/QUOTE]

The demo doesn't do the game justice.

It just can't. It's not possible.

You only get a part of the game in the demo, after all.

Just a few weeks ago, people who never played Mirror of Fate were defending it over a played demo. They had no idea what they were posting.

[quote name='KornKid91']It feels new and familiar I thought it hit a good middle point. If you like 3D it's a must because the game makes great use of 3D. It was much more enjoyable than NSMB 2 for sure. My only real gripe with the game was that it was pretty easy and unlike the Galaxy games that had a bunch of new power ups the only new thing was the boomerang flower which was basically a lame version of a fire flower.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, that was helpful. I guess I am going to pass on this sale then. Off late I am into games with good stories and Mario doesn't convince me with 30$ price point :/ . Will wait for the next big game...Pokémon XnY :)

[quote name='dvgamer']Mario Kart 7 or Super Mario 3D Land decisions...[/QUOTE]

Ooo.. Tough choice. I have both. Either will be a good choice. It depends on what you're in the mood for.

Maybe you could find a 3D Land download in the trade section or eBay since Nintendo had that 3DS XL promo not too long ago. Might find a better deal if you don't mind digital.

[quote name='neo_anomaly']Haven't played Mario in a while. Is 3d land the same old mario stuff or is there anything new and worth buying it for ? People who are buying Zelda, it's been available for cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Best game on the 3DS. Seriously.

[quote name='redmangoose']Fire Emblem and Zelda for 30? Physical?! Too good to be true. Buying this nao!
..or should I hold off...[/QUOTE]
I still see Fire Emblem at all my local stores and online so I'll probably wait for a better price.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Best game on the 3DS. Seriously.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. While I think FE has given it a run for its money recently, 3D Land has been my favorite game on the system so far. I'd pick up Mario Tennis here if I wasn't so broke but you can't go wrong with most of the selections in this sale.

The original Mario Tennis game on GBC stole so much of my time as a kid, oh man. I didn't like the GBA version as much, but I still enjoyed it.

I hear the DS version is ... not great. But I have wanted an excuse to grab Ocarina 3DS for the longest. This is it.

I couldn't get my FE:A cancelled from Amazon and I wouldn't get my promotional credit returned, so I'm just getting a few FE:A.

I could live with that.

I want to get back to Kid Icarus: Uprising, but I don't want to stop playing Awakening.

Mirror of Fate was too short and cheap. I couldn't even get a good 20 hours with it.

Was actually thinking about picking up a Zelda this week. I actually might pop a $60 and get Mario too.

bread's done
Back