Fire Emblem Awakening, Mario Kart 7, Mario 3d Land 3DS $29.99 at Amazon

Went ahead and bought 'Fire Emblem Awakening' ... guessing it's not going to get any cheaper than that for a while. Now I just need to get a 3DS. lol. I plan on getting one next time there's a decent deal.

[quote name='Rychy']Went ahead and bought 'Fire Emblem Awakening' ... guessing it's not going to get any cheaper than that for a while. Now I just need to get a 3DS. lol. I plan on getting one next time there's a decent deal.[/QUOTE]

180 bucks for an xl at best buy

I just bought Fire Emblem last night for $35 on Amazon. It hasn't even shipped yet...

EDIT: I called CS and they refunded me the difference. I wasn't really expecting them to, but my guess is they did because my order hadn't actually shipped yet so it was a pretty awkward situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Link2999']I was hoping for $20 Scribblenatus. Gotta use my Trade-In promotional credit soon.[/QUOTE]
It expires?

[quote name='Graff^']I just bought Fire Emblem last night for $35 on Amazon. It hasn't even shipped yet...[/QUOTE]

i'm sure customer support can pm that for you real fast. :D

[quote name='Graff^']I just bought Fire Emblem last night for $35 on Amazon. It hasn't even shipped yet...

EDIT: I called CS and they refunded me the difference. I wasn't really expecting them to, but my guess is they did because my order hadn't actually shipped yet so it was a pretty awkward situation.[/QUOTE]

I'm kind of in the same boat. I sent an email to customer service but haven't heard back yet. The only difference is mine shipped yesterday. I'm not in a HUGE hurry to play it, so I told them if they cannot refund the difference I'll be refusing shipment and purchasing another at the lower price. We'll see how it goes.

[quote name='Link2999']I was hoping for $20 Scribblenatus. Gotta use my Trade-In promotional credit soon.[/QUOTE]

I need to use mine too. I was just thinking about buying Fire Emblem and then reselling it in a couple weeks and turn my trade-in credit into cash.

In the past, I've had success in getting Customer Service to refund me the difference if something drops in price but hasn't shipped yet or hasn't arrived yet by emailing them asking them if they can just refund the difference, or if they'd prefer I order another of the item at the lower price and return one. They've always responded with something along the lines of it's against their policy but will process my refund request. I'm guessing it's less work on their end in the long run.

Want to bite on Castlevania since I have the others. It really seems like a divisive game though. Amazon has a combined score of 4.5stars, yet some reviews make it seem like it's average at best. Not sure what to do.

[quote name='jshackles']I'm kind of in the same boat. I sent an email to customer service but haven't heard back yet. The only difference is mine shipped yesterday. I'm not in a HUGE hurry to play it, so I told them if they cannot refund the difference I'll be refusing shipment and purchasing another at the lower price. We'll see how it goes.[/QUOTE]

I ordered mine yesterday out for delivery today and they were happy to refund me the ~$5.

[quote name='HitmanPham']I ordered mine yesterday out for delivery today and they were happy to refund me the ~$5.[/QUOTE]

I just sent a friendly email. We'll see how it goes, no return threats....its only 5 bucks

So I ordered FE last Wednesday, using my $20 trade promo from Amazon plus the $20 in trade I got from Far Cry 3. Will an attempt at getting a PM work? If I order a 2nd one & return it on the first ticket how would that refund work?

[quote name='MSUHitman']So I ordered FE last Wednesday, using my $20 trade promo from Amazon plus the $20 in trade I got from Far Cry 3. Will an attempt at getting a PM work? If I order a 2nd one & return it on the first ticket how would that refund work?[/QUOTE]

Hmm I'd attempt for a PM first. If you get a refund you might lose that promo credit :cold:

Was planning on getting Mario Kart 7 on Newegg for the permanent $35.72+no tax+free shipping later this week, but this $29.99+tax+free shipping beats that! Thanks for the heads up!

Ordered FE, but for some reason I'm still kinda on the fence with it.

Curse my constant buyers remorse

Edit: Gah, screw it, cancelled. My backlog is big enough, and there's already several games coming out in the next couple of months I'd rather focus my time on.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is... very tempting for FE:A. I really want to bite at this. Buuut I've got enough of a backlog on my 3DS as it is.... I guess I'll wait for black friday deals! But dang, very tempting

If they won't refund you (I know at least one person said they did) the difference just tell them that's fine you'll be returning the more expensive one, buying the cheaper one, and they better not charge you shipping to send the more expense one back. At that point they'll usually refund you immediately to save everybody the hassle.

[quote name='JKSonic']If they won't refund you (I know at least one person said they did) the difference just tell them that's fine you'll be returning the more expensive one, buying the cheaper one, and they better not charge you shipping to send the more expense one back. At that point they'll usually refund you immediately to save everybody the hassle.[/QUOTE]

"They better not"? What's with the entitled attitude? What exactly has customer service done wrong?

[quote name='confoosious']"They better not"? What's with the entitled attitude? What exactly has customer service done wrong?[/QUOTE]

They were BORN

Funny+Angry+Face_4.jpg

GRRRRRRRR

ordered Fire Emblem for 35$ two days ago. I just contacted Amazon CS via chat to check if they could provide a partial refund or credit the price difference and they came through. They gave me $5 promo credit.

I was tempted to get FE:A with BB, but realllly wanted to use my $20 Amazon promo credit from trade in bonus last month. Paying $10 for it is AWESOME!

I have 40 something odd bucks in Amazon rewards money, so I'm tempted to get Mario Kart 7. Just can't seem to pull the trigger.

Wow wtf I just bought MK for full price days ago. fuck my life.

[quote name='yokofox33']I have 40 something odd bucks in Amazon rewards money, so I'm tempted to get Mario Kart 7. Just can't seem to pull the trigger.[/QUOTE]

Do it man, you won't regret it. Even knowing I could have saved a 10'er I am not disappointed at all. Seems that it gets a LOT of unfair negative attention to me. It IS MP-centric however, compared to MK DS. No mission modes.

That said, I cannot stress enough that it has everything that makes MK worth playing.

[quote name='Guilty']Wow wtf I just bought MK for full price days ago. fuck my life.

Do it man, you won't regret it. Even knowing I could have saved a 10'er I am not disappointed at all. Seems that it gets a LOT of unfair negative attention to me. It IS MP-centric however, compared to MK DS. No mission modes.

That said, I cannot stress enough that it has everything that makes MK worth playing.[/QUOTE]

What does "No mission modes" mean? I haven't played a MK since Double Dash, does it at least have the 50,100, and 150 CC cups to play through in single player?

I love multi but I was planning on bringing this to Disneyland to play in line. Not a huge deal, just curious cuz I only want to bring 1 cartridge into the park in case I get drenched haha.

[quote name='nixmahn']Usually ships within 2 - 3 weeks[/QUOTE]

That is worst case scenario - just Amazon covering their asses. I have had tons of orders shipped within a couple days of that 2-3 week window - most recently with Chrono Trigger actually.

Bought FE: A two days ago for $35 from Amazon. Didn't think they'd price match me the difference (because they didn't do so in the past with a different game) but they did! Yay!

[quote name='Smashingly']What does "No mission modes" mean? I haven't played a MK since Double Dash, does it at least have the 50,100, and 150 CC cups to play through in single player?

I love multi but I was planning on bringing this to Disneyland to play in line. Not a huge deal, just curious cuz I only want to bring 1 cartridge into the park in case I get drenched haha.[/QUOTE]

MK DS had "mission mode" with something like 150 levels or so, that challenged you to meet a specific goal, in a specific time, and some were boss levels with legitimate boss fights.

It isn't there.

BUT all of the stuff you WANT in there IS there. There is also time trial mode, and battle mode.

The only REAL gripe I am having at this point, is that finishing races with 10 coins is a requirement for 3 stars on some tracks / dificulties, and the game punishes the leader randomly as it always has.... so getting all three star ratings may be a real fucking problem unless you are wearing a rabbit's foot under your shirt.

Ordered Fire Emblem on the 15th with 2 day prime shipping. Got a shipping conformation the same day with expected delivery date on the 17th. Nine days after ordering, I haven't receive anything and the tracking status never updated once.
Contacted customer service. They told me "it appears that the package has been lost in transit by the carrier". They said that they would usually issue a replacement order in a situation like this, but since it's out of stock they would just refund me the 29.99.

Pretty lame. Now thinking of picking up a copy from Target or Best Buy while the sale is still going...

Just a quick heads up -- Fire Emblem is back "in stock" for immediate shipping.

I ordered it yesterday (again... since they screwed up the first time) and it was listed as "ships in 2 - 3 weeks", but my order is now in "shipping now" stage. Sweet. Looks like I won't have to wait for such a long delay after all.

bread's done
Back