New this week:

Mega Man 2 $4.99

Mega Man 3 $4.99

Mega Man 4 $4.99

Sale

Yoshi $.30 until 7/17

Deals end at 9am PST

Last edited by a moderator:
It pains me to see that over 10,000 people are in the Miiverse community for Revelations while under 4,000 are in the community for Super Metroid. I can't believe $.30 is that much of a difference. I guess a lot of people don't realize you can use Debit Cards for the eShop.

Picked it up, just as I have picked up all of the other $0.30 games. This one is THE ONE, however. I have absolutely adored Super Metroid since I first played it. Of all these sales games, Super Metroid was the one I wanted most.

The emulation for it on the Wii U is spot-on. Everything looks just as crisp and clean on my 46" LED Samsung as I could possibly want it to. Very satisfying.

[quote name='Richard Kain']Picked it up, just as I have picked up all of the other $0.30 games. This one is THE ONE, however. I have absolutely adored Super Metroid since I first played it. Of all these sales games, Super Metroid was the one I wanted most.

The emulation for it on the Wii U is spot-on. Everything looks just as crisp and clean on my 46" LED Samsung as I could possibly want it to. Very satisfying.[/QUOTE]

I would have loved a screen that big when these games came out. From '85 to '96, all of my gaming was on a 13" monitor that only had RCA plugs. I had so many Y adapters to get the Nes, Snes and Genesis all plugged in to it. Still have that monitor in storage, I wonder if it still works. It wasn't until I got a PS1 and a 19" tv that I could chain all of the RF plugs together.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']Isnt the relevations community worldwide? I know I saw some posts from AU on there

This says 3 Kirby titles are coming to VC next week
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=202797[/QUOTE]

The numbers are all worldwide, from my understanding of it.

And I guess it's pretty good that Nintendo is seemingly stepping up Virtual Console releases.

This game has really sucked me in. I've played it before, but it still has this atmosphere that's inviting. When I get stuck, I don't get frustrated, I just keep trying or head another way. I keep finding shortcuts to get items early, but it doesn't make the game a pushover. The depth is just incredible and the lack of linearity makes exploring feel natural. It's immersive.

Also the restore points have me trying crazy things I wouldn't do otherwise, and sometimes they work.

Wii VC titles purchased in Wii mode ARE eligible for the $1/1.50 eShop upgrade.

I got Kirby Superstar off Club Nintendo a couple months back and downloaded it in Wii mode on my Wii U. Now that it is out for WiiU the eShop is showing the $1.50 price. To clarify, I got this AFTER the wii>wiiu transfer.

I know some CAGs were curious about this.

Good to know. It sounds like they clearly have an account system in place, they just need to open it up to PSN levels. Of course, everything is sort of turned on its head now that Nintendo might have the most progressive DRM of the next-gen consoles.

Not a bad deal at all: upgraded Kirby Super Star I got through Club Nintendo for $1.50, paid $8 for Dream Course, and got Dream Land 3 for free.

I already had the VC version of Super star and dream land 3. I upgraded them for $1.50, and got to get the dream course game for free.

Mind Super Metroid's only available at $.30 for another week. June 12 is the last day of the discount.

Yoshi (NES) will be replacing it on 6/12.

bread's done
Back