• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:50 AM

Got Project x Zone, thanks OP!

#32 DesertLeo

DesertLeo

DontReadThis.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:32 AM

is this the LE of project x zone? looks like a standard edition. Gamestop and Amazon list the limited edition

I think it's ONLY being released in the US as the LE

#33 UnlockPotential

UnlockPotential

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:06 AM

My grandma will be excited because now we will save a few dollars and she can afford her meds while I play awesome games!

#34 Teeheehee

Teeheehee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

Newegg is a backwards company. I have two copies of Animal Crossing pre-ordered but I can't just cancel one of them. I have to return it. Might as well just sell it for $30 on CL when it comes in.

Anyways, I've ordered Etrian Odyssey IV and Soul Hackers from NE. Yah, they came in bubble envelops...but there was no damage.

So I must be getting lucky.

Pre-ordered SMTIV and PXZ.

Have you tried calling them and requesting to cancel one of the ACs?

#35 mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:36 AM

max payne 3 back in stock

#36 neo_anomaly

neo_anomaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:44 AM

I have had broken ones from Amazon too. Both of them replace and provide one day shipping in such cases.

#37 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:45 AM

Thanks, OP. In for Project X Zone (and hoping they don't try to put all DLC on the disc, then charge us for it....and count that as a Capcom character, lol). I'm not too informed on the game (no time), but lots of people that I tend to share their tastes' have much excitement. I just hope Fire Emblem:Awakening hasn't spoiled me, since the screens with the maps (overworld, per se) look very simplistic & rough. The maps in FE:A are really nice. They stand out, yet make for an immersive experience that I could see being hampered by a bland arena with only the cool attacks looking good. I hope that doesn't end up being the case.

#38 BustaUppa

BustaUppa

what it is right now

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:38 PM

uhhhh I just got my Project X Zone and it appears to NOT be a limited edition.  I didn't think that was even possible!  Just a regular 3DS game case.  Anyone else get theirs yet?  This sucks, Newegg is gonna have some angry customers on their hands.  :headache:

#39 DesertLeo

DesertLeo

DontReadThis.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:22 PM

Wow, I was under the impression that the only way to get it was as the le.

That's bullshit.

#40 NeoStrider

NeoStrider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:26 PM

same here, its just the regular version, I went ahead and cancel all my other preorders that don't mention bonuses

#41 GlassDarkly

GlassDarkly

The Boney King of Nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:35 PM

I'm getting mine on Thursday. Shipping says it's only .20 pounds. I'm worried. I'll be pissed if it's not the LE. Newegg kind of sucks. Haven't had good experiences in the past, but day one discounts continue to make me go against my better judgment.

My website.

#42 BustaUppa

BustaUppa

what it is right now

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

Naturally I'm annoyed at Newegg, but how did they even get non-L.E. copies in the first place?  Did Namco Bandai screw up?  This whole thing is really confusing.

#43 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:42 PM

Shin Megami Tensei IV better come with it even though the title didnt say bonus or edition. But the picture shows the artbook and soundtrack.

#44 DesertLeo

DesertLeo

DontReadThis.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:47 PM

My project x zone le shipped from amazon has a weight of .40 lbs if that helps anyone

#45 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:50 PM

I'm getting mine on Thursday. Shipping says it's only .20 pounds. I'm worried. I'll be pissed if it's not the LE. Newegg kind of sucks. Haven't had good experiences in the past, but day one discounts continue to make me go against my better judgment.

they had my  ps3 system as     that weight too.. but listed 2 games as  10 pounds  LOL

WOOOO I STINK

#46 nintendokingdom

nintendokingdom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:21 PM

Mine was a regular edition. I contacted customer support, they said I can return it (but have to pay shipping). They also suggested contacting the manufacture. I'm not preordering any more "gray area" games/editions from Newegg again, only if its cheap and only one version.

i'm going to best buy to try and get the LE. Does anyone know if it's the same SKU? Maybe I can return the regular edition to Best Buy tomorrow. Basically swap.

#47 redroversk

redroversk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:36 PM

. I cancelled my Amazon order for this one over 6 measly dollars! I'd rather've paid the Fuck ing extra 6 bucks had I known namco was going to flake like this, god damnit.

#48 GlassDarkly

GlassDarkly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:39 PM

Newegg customer service basically shrugged their shoulders when I called. "We only have this listed, says nothing about being limited." On phone with Namco. I'm betting they are of no help either.

My website.

#49 redroversk

redroversk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:14 PM

This is terrible, and if you look at the site now it only shows GS, Amazon, and their store, although it also doesn't mention anything about "only at participating retailers".

I was misled by the PR in April that stated, "Those who pre-order or purchase Project X Zone at launch will automatically receive Project X Zone Limited Edition. It includes “a mini-art book and poster featuring the characters and famous gaming franchises represented in the game and a music CD featuring the high tempo music featured in Project X Zone.” Namco Bandai doesn’t actually say how limited the package is, strangely.",

from http://nintendoevery...-european-date/

#50 fwbweux

fwbweux

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:41 PM

I've heard horrible things about Newegg customer service, especially in regard to returns, so I really dread having to go through this song and dance when it inevitably turns out that mine is a standard edition as well. Furthermore, Newegg charged my credit card twice and is sending me two copies, so good luck getting a CSR to believe both of my problems at once.

If they hassle me over return shipping fees, I'm probably going to begin preordering games from Amazon again. My argument is going to be that I shouldn't be penalized for something that's the fault of an incompetent or duplicitous publisher.

---

#51 wbc1228

wbc1228

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:47 PM

. I cancelled my Amazon order for this one over 6 measly dollars! I'd rather've paid the Fuck ing extra 6 bucks had I known namco was going to flake like this, god damnit.

I brought the game from Amazon.

I did indeed receive the LE but Amazon shipped it in a bubble mailer and the corners are bent.

ehhhh......

#52 The 2nd Coming

The 2nd Coming

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:56 PM

Waltzed into walmart at 11:30 this morning, waltzed right out with a limited edition.

#53 abbabaab

abbabaab

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:27 PM

...You gotta be kidding me. :wall: Half the reason I pre-ordered PXZ was because I thought they were all the LE. Mine's still in the mail, but if everybody's getting the standard...

There's no way to cancel and have them contact UPS for a reversal before I get it, is there?  :???:

Also I know that people have had issues with Newegg & Amazon shipping these in bubble mailers, resulting in damage, but what about BBY?

#54 GlassDarkly

GlassDarkly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:37 PM

I'm going to GameStop after work. Hope they still have one. Got this email from Namco:

"We have looked into this and it seems that the Newegg retailer is only selling the standard edition of the game. Unfortunately, there's really not much we can do in your situation as this service primarily only exchanges defective copies of games for a properly working copy. As such the only thing we would be able to do would be to exchange the game (if it was defective) for another copy of the game and not for a different version.

The only recommendation we can make for this would be to contact Newegg and see if you can return the game for a refund (as they will usually allow this if the game is still sealed) and then purchase a copy of the limited edition version from a retailer that is offering it such as Gamestop/Amazon."

My website.

#55 nitrosmob

nitrosmob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:47 PM

Color me extremly pissed off! I had it pre-ordered on Amazon as well...but saw a few bucks savings cause I thought it would be a LE. So say I get Tales of Xillia from NewEgg in their new promo. Will I once again get a standard version even though they all were said to be upgraded to LE? I'm not sure i'm ready to be screwed again by  BAMCO.......ugg you're barely coming back onto my ok list....and bam right in the feels! Least I know the Atlus ones (SMT 4) wont screw everyone over.....I almost don't want to get my game in a day or 2.

#56 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:51 PM

no longer even see it listed on amazon 

project x  

WOOOO I STINK

#57 NeoStrider

NeoStrider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:08 PM

yeah I canceled my Xillia preorder, they only have a picture of the normal version, not gonna take any chances

#58 Edzo04

Edzo04

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:13 PM

I brought the game from Amazon.

I did indeed receive the LE but Amazon shipped it in a bubble mailer and the corners are bent.

ehhhh......

mine came in a much larger than necessary box with great protection. not a single mark or dent on any of it. i have prime shipping though which might make a difference. im surprised that newegg screwed everyone like this. had no idea regular versions would even exist at launch.

#59 BustaUppa

BustaUppa

what it is right now

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:19 PM

Started the RMA with Newegg.  Refund amount is listed as $39.99, is there a chance they're messing up and not accounting for the coupon?  Or does that usually get adjusted after they receive the item?  If I get away with -$6 from the coupon I won't bother making a stink about return shipping.

#60 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:35 PM

Wow I'm glad I kept my xzone preorder at Gamestop. Back when the pre-order was offered I noticed the LE wasn't listed so I didn't wanna take any chances despite the awesome price. If this becomes the case for my Shin Megami Tensei IV pre-order though that would suck so I might have to place a pre-order down at Gamestop today.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.