Wii U Deluxe $296 + ~$10 Shipping

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#31 SlickAssGamer

SlickAssGamer

Welcome to Slick CAG Deals!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:12 AM

Guys, you guys are stating the obvious. What else do you expect? it's price goes up?

:applause:

#32 Serious McMopy

Serious McMopy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:28 AM

I wouldn't touch a Wii U at this point, when Nintendo is forced to compete with the PS4 and Durango this holiday season, I'm pretty sure there will be deals that make this deal look silly. And with only 4 exclusives out, and none forthcoming, I see no reason not to wait. Just my 2 pennies.

I would not that far. $300 will be probably just be the official price point. Now, will there be better deals? Probably. I could see Nintendo doing a bundle with a game (instead or addition to Nintendo Land), like the 3DS, and of course, there will always be sales, discounts, gift cards, and such, like the 3DS.

#33 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:45 AM

Like others have stated previously, the same old Wii U hate statements are getting old. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. This isn't a "Wii U sucks or not" debate thread, it's about the deal and that's all. I'm sure your opinion will be valued in a thread somewhere in here.... http://www.cheapassg...isplay.php?f=65

Deal doesn't seem bad if you are in a hurry to get one, but I expect better ones when the holiday season rolls around.
"I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me." ― The Bad-Anon creed

#34 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:05 AM

I would not that far. $300 will be probably just be the official price point. Now, will there be better deals? Probably. I could see Nintendo doing a bundle with a game (instead or addition to Nintendo Land), like the 3DS, and of course, there will always be sales, discounts, gift cards, and such, like the 3DS.

I think we'll see a 250 price point this holiday. Reason being 300 Wii U or 300 Xbox subsidized price? People won't buy the Wii U. Nintendo is going to price under that subsidized number.

#35 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:06 AM

I feel bad for anyone that falls for a subsidized xbox.

Selling Call of Duty: Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#36 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:10 AM

I feel bad for anyone that falls for a subsidized xbox.

Depending on the terms it could be a good deal. Even if its not a good deal I'm sure a ton of people will buy it subsidized. I really do think Wii U price will be 50 lower than the subsidized price.

#37 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:16 AM

$300 base with payments of $14.99 over 2 years = $360 so $660 bucks?

No, its not a good deal. Im sure the hardcore xbox fans without money will fall for it. I doubt millions will flock to that. esp people that have active live subscriptions.

Deader2818.png

#38 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:19 AM

But really, this debate is just boring now as its talked about every, freaking, time a Wii U deal is posted.

At this point, just leave it alone and wait till holiday to see if anything happens. Bringing it up every time isn't going to make it happen any faster.

Deader2818.png

#39 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:22 AM

$300 base with payments of $14.99 over 2 years = $360 so $660 bucks?

No, its not a good deal. Im sure the hardcore xbox fans without money will fall for it. I doubt millions will flock to that. esp people that have active live subscriptions.

The rumor I saw was 10 a month which makes the subsidized price very good. So that's why i said it depends on the terms.

#40 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:25 AM

I saw that rumor as well and the source clarified later that it was actually 15 a month.

Likely won't know till E3. I doubt Microsoft makes it $10 as that really doesn't make them money.

Deader2818.png

#41 Twitter

Twitter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:18 AM

They are not going to announce anything new tomorrow. Just the stuff already announced. IE. Game&Wario, Wii Fit U, Wii Play U, and Pikmen 3 . They may show off Wind Waker HD, though I expect that will be released in the Fall and Beyond, which is what the ND right before E3 is suppose to be about.

Anything new will be announced right before E3. So no real "hype" yet.

Nintendo won't have a conference at E3. 2-3 Nintendo Directs ago they announced a lot of new 3DS games. I don't see why you're so confident they won't announce anything new. I think the Wii U is selling so poorly I would be VERY surprised if they didn't announce new games or showed off a game that's announced but not shown yet.

#42 rumblebear

rumblebear

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:24 AM

The console will likely be discontinued shortly and sent to clearance bins (e.g., Virtual Boy), so it's not even worth 150 at this point. Sales has been abysmal and EA today has officially dropped all support for the Wii U.

#43 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:31 AM

The console will likely be discontinued shortly and sent to clearance bins (e.g., Virtual Boy), so it's not even worth 150 at this point. Sales has been abysmal and EA today has officially dropped all support for the Wii U.

derp.

Deader2818.png

#44 RiPPn

RiPPn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:04 AM

I don't see it getting discontinued, but I can see a v2.0 being released fixing battery life and other issues with the system and maybe adding features kind of like what the XL did for the 3DS.

125365.png

#45 Serious McMopy

Serious McMopy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:22 AM

I don't see it getting discontinued, but I can see a v2.0 being released fixing battery life and other issues with the system and maybe adding features kind of like what the XL did for the 3DS.

XL was a godsend. I can never go back to the normal size handhelds after playing it. So much better.

Anyhow, I'll certainly keep this site in mind. It's one of the few sites I have seen that does not charge me sales tax, and when the Wii U relaunch happens, there's a good chance it's where I'll buy my Wii U, regardless.

#46 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:01 PM

I saw that rumor as well and the source clarified later that it was actually 15 a month.

Likely won't know till E3. I doubt Microsoft makes it $10 as that really doesn't make them money.

Even at 15 its not a horrible deal at 660 assuming you want a gold membership. It's only 40 more than 2 years of gold at retail price which I assume most gamers pay. Then when you assume about $10 less sales tax since that doesn't apply to the subsidized part, its only $30 more than buying it outright + 2 yr gold at full price. Most Americans pay more than that in a month for credit card interest so in terms of finance costs its not that bad.

Regardless of the price final price, the subsidy is going to have a downward pressure on console prices.

#47 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

I clicked on this Wii U thread to read the "debate" again. I wasn't disappointed thus far. lol

#48 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

Eh, I still have my Wii U Deluxe unopened sitting on my floor, shows you how excited I am to open it. Though I do want to play Zombi U sometime.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#49 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:30 PM

No price drop. Still going to wait though.

#50 turls

turls

Clouds: no, Sunshine: yes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:50 AM

Guys, you guys are stating the obvious. What else do you expect? it's price goes up?

A hardware refresh perhaps? That's much worse, and if Nintendo is desperate enough, it could happen.

#51 usrevenge

usrevenge

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:06 AM

Which games are you playing on your WiiU? (no ports) I thought it only had Mario and ZombiU.

only game I want on wii-u is monster hunter. not sure if it's a port or not or something though.

#52 Damien_Wayne

Damien_Wayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:48 AM

Wait till the holiday when they will have their big triple A title games like zelda, mario, etc. plus it might go down even further ($250 and a game). So, everyone hold steady. That's what I'm doing.

#53 coldwine

coldwine

Holy Ghost!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:50 AM

Wait till the holiday when they will have their big triple A title games like zelda, mario, etc. plus it might go down even further ($250 and a game). So, everyone hold steady.

Sounds quite sensible. Wait -- isn't this the Internet?

#54 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:48 PM

Wait till the holiday when they will have their big triple A title games like zelda, mario, etc. plus it might go down even further ($250 and a game). So, everyone hold steady. That's what I'm doing.

The Wii U--with a price drop of massive proportions--might make a decent complimentary console. Personally, I think Nintendo has been trying to avoid a price drop on a console they already state is losing money at its current price, but I think they'll do what they did with 3DS.

Zelda Remake, price drop in late summer just before Falltime and then at least two big first party titles showing up. Then you'll find the Wii U in some discount (lower than the total cost of the system even after price drop) bundles with one of those premier titles during Black Friday and the Holiday Season.

This would be a repeat of the 3DS strategy that worked rather well. It also presents itself as a time for great deals for those who might be interested in the system. This presumes that people would rather have cheaper this-gen games. Some are likely to reject the "deal" because they could apply that amount toward a console with assuredly more lifespan and potential in the long run like a PS4 or the next Xbox. Especially if the next Xbox has a subsidized plan that has them paying for Xbox Live, which they probably would have bought anyway if that console interested them.

No matter what, I think huge price cuts or excellent bundles are coming in the very near future and it seems likely it may be both before the end of the year if the 3DS is any indication.

#55 MrDiamondJ

MrDiamondJ

Empire State of Mind

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:16 PM

Waiting to see what they do at E3. If they don't announce a bundle or price drop there, I'm waiting to see what they have in store for Christmas. You just know they're going to have a Christmas bundle (my dream scenario is a red Wii U/Mario Kart U bundle).

People are going to buy Wii U for Nintendo games, period. I don't think anybody out there is deciding between buying a Wii U and an Xbox One, or a Wii U and a PS4. You'll buy a Wii U if you want to play Nintendo games, and then also buy a PS4 OR Xbox One. That's just the way it is these days. Anybody that has only a Wii U probably only cares about Nintendo games, and not video games at large. Or they also have a PC.
Posted Image