Madden NFL 25th Anniversary Edition: $100 w/free year of NFL Sunday Ticket

• Please log in to reply
430 replies to this topic

#31 wasurenai

wasurenai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:47 PM

The OP might wanna edit their post so people don't blindly purchase this without knowing the full details.

Done.

#32 Jaggsta

Jaggsta

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:50 PM

Madden 14 won't have a Online Pass EA says they are not doing that anymore.

#33 caltab

caltab

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

I am not sure if that is the case. I am not sure how long ago NFL Sunday Ticket was made available to the PS3 (I think a few years ago maybe 3 or 4) but i was always under the impression is was just for people who did not have Direct TV, not because of availability but say your a cable subscriber and you still want sunday ticket, well then you pay your 300 or 400 bucks through PS3 and you could get every game that way, basically taking away the monopoly on nfl sunday ticket that direct tv had.

I have Time warner and live in an apartment that does not allow a dish to be put anywhere so i am basically stuck with cable and for the past few years I have wanted so bad to get nfl ticket through my PS3 but the nfl actually charges MORE to get the ticket through ps3 then it does through direct. I believe its about 100 bucks more through the ps3 :(

I guess I don't know, but the add that someone linked says:

PS3™ owners without access to DIRECTV will be able to live stream every out-of-market NFL football game this season in full HD.

I thought direct tv had sunday ticket to get subscribers. To me, offering it as a separate product wouldn't make sense with that goal in mind.

Also, I am pretty sure direct tv offers a free year of Sunday ticket to new subscribers in the summer every year, so this offer really isn't a deal at all.

#34 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:15 PM

OMG where do you guys live I am a patriot fan in southern California and all they show are raiders games....:drool:

Pats fan and I'm in middle of Jets/Giants country. :wall:Only good thing is I a lot of the Pats games anyways.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#35 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:18 PM

What an incredible deal. I can't wait to pre-order this.

Agreed! I'm in!

#36 kdiddy1989

kdiddy1989

2011 NBA Champions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:44 PM

Hell yeah! Moving this summer and the strategy my wife used to get me to choose an apartment over a house was NBA League Pass and NFL Sunday Ticket so we were switching to DirecTV this summer regardless! SCORE!

#37 Aejeck

Aejeck

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:53 PM

I'd imagine apartments/condos with restrictions and no line of sight would qualify for the ps3 version.

However, I recall reading somewhere last year that the ps3 version of sunday ticket had terrible resolution issues.

http://communityvoic...3-week-1-review
http://community.us....t/td-p/38299731

I'd be wary if you want the ps3 version. Those are just a couple links I found detailing all the issues they had last year. Main points I saw were low res (480) and can only watch single games (no 2/4/8 box gamecasts).

#38 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:22 PM

So, I assume as a 360 owner without direct tv, I can't get this deal, right?

#39 apterous

apterous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:38 PM

Pats fan and I'm in middle of Jets/Giants country. :wall:Only good thing is I a lot of the Pats games anyways.

Bears fan and I'm in the middle of nowhere. A lot of people around here like a team called the "Cincinnati Bungles" or something like that.
Posted Image

#40 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:58 PM

I had Sunday Ticket last year. It was...awesome.

#41 Kingmob46

Kingmob46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:31 AM

I live in metro-west Boston about 30 minutes from Gillette stadium. It's not that I hate the patriots, it's just that as a kid, the 49ers were freaking awesome and the pats SUCKED. So the 49ers stuck.

I'm certainly going to wait for the details of this deal though. I may go Sunday ticket anyway. After 12 years of vomit inducing football the 9ers are certainly back and I want to see every game.

#42 Anthony1

Anthony1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:57 AM

I remember seriously considering getting the PS3 version of Sunday Ticket, but then I heard that the PC only version is a better deal, because it didn't have the resolution issues that the PS3 version was having. I can't remember how much the PC version cost last year, but I was seriously considering it. Supposedly, you have to say that Direct TV is unavailable due to trees being in the way or whatever, but Direct TV wouldn't really check into whether that is really the case or not.

#43 phantomfriar2002

phantomfriar2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:36 AM

Non-subscribers only. Might want to re-edit the first post again too.

#44 StealOfADeal

StealOfADeal

It's a S-O-A-D!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:47 AM

Got excited, but not after reading the terms posted here. Oh well. Though I'll admit I said to myself "Not this year anyways, maybe next year".. I always say that... then I always, ALWAYS watch the trailer. Goddamn it. They always, ALWAYS add something in that makes me go "Damn, that's new. I want that now".... Fucking Madden -.-.....

"If she'll learn to play a video game. Keep her!" :D

Updated Infinity disc trade list ---> http://www.cheapassg...scs/?p=11116024

#45 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:14 AM

Non-subscribers only. Might want to re-edit the first post again too.

So wait, won't work with current subs? What the wha?

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
T24ZDZQ.jpg2q1uoso.jpg

#46 shakespeare

shakespeare

The True Bard!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:27 AM

The killer is that your are locked in to buy the sunday ticket the following year...and to try to get out of it after that will be a pain in arse based on personal experience. I can't count how many times I had to call to drop the service after I was charged for it over and over. I love DTV but the NFL ticket....another story.

#47 bfett9

bfett9

Stop Looking at Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:10 PM

DirecTV non-subscribers can sign up with a promo code for $10 off each month of service for their first year, as well as a free full-season subscription to NFL Sunday Ticket Max. As the higher of the two tiers of Sunday Ticket, Max usually costs $299.95 for the five-month NFL season; Max also enables access through the NFL Sunday Ticket app on PlayStation 3.

Non-subscribers who can't get DirecTV service will be entitled to a free trial of NFL Sunday Ticket for the full 2013 season — including the Red Zone Channel, which shows all plays within 20 yards of the end zone — that they can access on computers, tablets and mobile devices. Both the Red Zone Channel and non-TV access are usually confined to Sunday Ticket Max.

Just what I saw
Posted Image

#48 peruvian_001

peruvian_001

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:23 PM

Correct.

That is excellent! I just might hop on that, I don't have cable and this would be PERFECT reason to still not have cable lol
I BELIEVE IN YOU

Watch me and my buddy stream classic games:

TwitchTV

Follow me on twitter to get updates about when we'll be streaming:

@Peru_el_Campeon

#49 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:29 PM

My contract with DirecTv needs to be renewed this year so I'm hoping to get NFL Ticket for either really cheap or possibly even free. I got it free two years ago and being a Seahawk fan that was a pretty bad year to get it haha. This year I'd LOVE to have it, was offered $25/m last year but turned it down and I think it would take being a little lower to get me to do it this year.

Locking you in to a second year at full prices sounds very DirecTv-ish though because that's generally what they do with their contracts anyway...extending that to NFL Ticket is too far fetched.

233526.png

https://www.facebook...stractedRealism (pinup/boudoir/etc)
https://www.facebook...ulhaPhotography (scenery/families/babies/etc)

#50 lds337

lds337

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:05 PM

This is not a deal if you are not a DirecTv subscriber already.

I have been a DirecTv subscriber every year for the last six years. I have purchased Sunday Ticket for the last 4 years as well.

Usually about the beginning of August DirecTv starts a huge media campaign trying to get new subscribers and says something like this, "Join now and get Sunday Ticket Max for free for the first year. This is our best deal all year." Or something really close to that. It requires a 2 year contract with DirecTv which is is their standard deal anyway so mine as well get free Sunday Ticket.

This campaign starts right after I get my renewal notice for $299 divided in 6 easy installments.

I immediately call DirecTv every year after I see these ads and say WTF! I have been your subscriber for 6 years and I don't get anything extra. I say I'm going to cancel Sunday Ticket or sometimes even say I cancelling my service outright so I get the new subscriber rate.

Immediately get at least 1/2 off Sunday Ticket Max ~$150 over six easy payments and sometimes some extra credit for HD or DVR service for year and I don't resign a new contract. (Rinse and Repeat)

So if you aren't a DirecTv subscriber and are considering this deal because you are going to switch to DirecTv anyway you are wasting $40 because they'll give you Sunday Ticket anyways.

Now if you are a DirecTv subscriber then paying $40 for Sunday Ticket Max is a no-brainer as long as no new contract is required. The best deal I ever get is about half price so you would still be saving about $100.

If a new contract is required for existing subscribers then I would say you shouldn't do this deal to save a $100 because if you sign a contract you lose all leverage with DirecTv. Especially if you want to upgrade your receivers in the future. I have to admit I have had 2 DVR's go south in the last year due to Hard Driver Failures. I pay the $6 monthly service plan so I don't have to renew to get replacement boxes, but if I wanted to upgrade to newer models in the future is when I'm going to agree to a new contract.

Just found a link already for new subscribers.

http://www.directv.c...0&CMP=BAC-PG-CJ

Hope that helps anyone considering DirecTv or existing subscribers to get Sunday Ticket

Edited by lds337, 17 May 2013 - 01:07 PM.
Found a link to a deal

Posted Image

#51 lds337

lds337

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:23 PM

The killer is that your are locked in to buy the sunday ticket the following year...and to try to get out of it after that will be a pain in arse based on personal experience. I can't count how many times I had to call to drop the service after I was charged for it over and over. I love DTV but the NFL ticket....another story.

You are not locked into Sunday Ticket for 2 years. You're locked into DirecTv for 2 years and they sign you up for auto renewal of Sunday Ticket, but you can cancel Sunday Ticket. They'll offer you some deal to stay with Sunday Ticket another year.
Posted Image

#52 wasurenai

wasurenai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:37 PM

Still not up on Amazon so I don't have official terms and conditions yet. If anyone here has the T&C or any other sourced information about this deal (other than DirecTV's usual shady business practices), please let me know and I'll edit it into the OP.

#53 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

Still not up on Amazon so I don't have official terms and conditions yet. .

Yes it is.

#54 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:05 PM

If this works for the PS3 version, I would totally buy a PS3 just to get Sunday Ticket... I'll wait and see when the T&C comes out for sure. Plenty of time to pre order and cancel before the release...

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#55 wasurenai

wasurenai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:26 PM

Yes it is.

My apologies, I don't see it. Do you have a link?

Edit: Nevermind, found it. Thanks!

#56 Werewolf

Werewolf

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

So what else is included in this Anniversary Edition, from what I read it's the game and some digital bonus content for $100?... I don't see how the NFL Sunday Ticket is free at that price, because just some bonus digital content is definitely not worth an additional $40; though it is a huge discount off the NFL Sunday Ticket package.

Though Direct TV offers NFL Sunday Ticket to new subscribers anyway, and if you're already a subscriber you can't use this offer; not to mention paying $100 for a Madden game that you can trade into Gamestop for $1 when next years edition comes out lol
Posted Image
Always stalking for those cheap ass deals

#57 bilbobagins3

bilbobagins3

HHH Buries Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:29 PM

Am I the only person that has found NFL Red Zone makes Sunday ticket pointless. My cable gives you NFL, NBA, and NHL TV plus Red Zone as well as all those college channels for a whopping $5 more a month. Paying for any of those tickets just seems crazy. I would go have a beer at a bar before paying those prices. Some people are really Die Hard fans.

#58 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:50 PM

Red Zone *is* great. But when your favorite team is playing the 1pm early game, and there are 9 or 10 early games that week, sometimes you get very little coverage of your team. Especially if they play a low-scoring game.

But I agree, I wouldn't pay $300/year for Sunday Ticket since I get Red Zone for $5/month. But if I got Sunday Ticket for FREE? That would be a different story.

#59 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:57 PM

Am I the only person that has found NFL Red Zone makes Sunday ticket pointless. My cable gives you NFL, NBA, and NHL TV plus Red Zone as well as all those college channels for a whopping $5 more a month. Paying for any of those tickets just seems crazy. I would go have a beer at a bar before paying those prices. Some people are really Die Hard fans.

Nah because the "bigger name" games always take precedence and it seems like they're never on the game I want them to be. It's cool but not a replacement for actually watching my game. Usually I keep my team's game and then redzone on the "back/prev" channel to go back and forth.

233526.png

https://www.facebook...stractedRealism (pinup/boudoir/etc)
https://www.facebook...ulhaPhotography (scenery/families/babies/etc)

#60 theytookourjobz

theytookourjobz

We Gotta Go Back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

How is this not an awesome deal for someone who wants the ticket without subscribing to DirectTV? Am I missing something?