Fast 6 movie money at BBY

Roof

CAG Veteran
Ok BestBuy had the fast and the furious movies on sale with movie cash to see Fast 6. It's fandango cash has anyone done this before? I'm confused on how to redeem this. I went to the side on the ticket and it said the codes were invalid. Sorry if this has been posted before.

you have to go on the fandango site and find the movie at a theater that supports fandango codes. then select the movie and you should be able to enter the code which will deduct that amount from the purchase of a ticket. I believe you have to buy the tickets online.

Note that you will purchase the tickets for a specific date and time. Which means if you miss that time, you wasted the code.

[quote name='DNukem170']Note that you will purchase the tickets for a specific date and time. Which means if you miss that time, you wasted the code.[/QUOTE]

So I have to buy the tickets then redeem the code?

Redeeming code subtracts cost of specified movie/date/time during checkout. If you don't see the movie you wasted the code.

[quote name='DNukem170']Note that you will purchase the tickets for a specific date and time. Which means if you miss that time, you wasted the code.[/QUOTE]

Actually, IME most cinemas are happy to offer replacements.
And AMC will give you vouchers (that never expire) that are valid for any other movie.

Or if you call Fandango, they'll reissue you a new code (with a longer expiration date), except if the theater is an AMC...then they'll tell you to go to the theater.

You also still have to pay the convenience fee, so you actually get a buck or so less than the listed value of the Fandango bucks

Yea that's true.

I noticed fandango charges $10.75 for tickets Monday-Thursday and $11.25 for Friday-Sunday at my participating theaters, so if you want to watch a movie on the weekend it's going to cost another $0.50 (at least for me).

Also note, each code is only good for $8 off PER ticket. You can't combine 4 codes for $32 and buy only 3 tickets and pay the difference.

I messed up my first time using fandango movie cash. Ended up buying 3 tickets without the codes applying. Learned that fandango doesn't give refunds, but luckily my local theater gave me 3 movies passes so I didn't lose out completely.

[quote name='frpilot']Yea that's true.

I noticed fandango charges $10.75 for tickets Monday-Thursday and $11.25 for Friday-Sunday at my participating theaters, so if you want to watch a movie on the weekend it's going to cost another $0.50 (at least for me).

Also note, each code is only good for $8 off PER ticket. You can't combine 4 codes for $32 and buy only 3 tickets and pay the difference.

I messed up my first time using fandango movie cash. Ended up buying 3 tickets without the codes applying. Learned that fandango doesn't give refunds, but luckily my local theater gave me 3 movies passes so I didn't lose out completely.[/QUOTE]

Hence, the problem with buying tickets through a third party. Pretty annoying. Most of the time, I just show up to watch the movie. It's easier that way. Bleh. Rarely watch a movie on opening night anyway.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Can someone link the bluray's that come with the fandango cash?[/QUOTE]

I'd also like to know. The ad only shows Fast1-5, but when I was in last week I noticed a few other titles mixed in the endcap.

[quote name='sgand']I'd also like to know. The ad only shows Fast1-5, but when I was in last week I noticed a few other titles mixed in the endcap.[/QUOTE]

Pitch Black, Chronicles of Riddick, Smokey and the Bandit. There might be more. Those are just off the top of my head.

FYI i hate the fandango cash. Last time i got one for Oblivion and i ended up having to pay 25cents even though i went during the week when the first showing is discounted. So yeah, i'd be happier with movie money.

I am going tonight with the lady and it cost us 2 dollars... Tickets where 15.50 but fee was 1.25 per ticket so ended up being 18.00 total. But for 2 dollars you can't complain

bread's done
Back