*Dead* Amazon Goldbox: BioShock Infinite (Xbox 360, PS3) $39.99, (PC) $34.99

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31 BegFourMercy

BegFourMercy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:33 PM

Guys this game is overrated. I would wait. Much of the ratings were are features they pulled from the game. There are no manual saves. Only two weapons at a time. One ammo type per gun. Upgrades are not very good compared to 1 and 2. I would wait for $30 or even $20. Just a note: You can beat this game in a week on a rental.

#32 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:42 PM

as much as i want it....my backlog is too huge...my backlog has grandchildren. i cant add anything that is more than 15 dollars. of course i say this and watch tommorrow ill get a 60 dollar game lol.

#33 rapsodist

rapsodist

My Heart Is a 16-Bit Chip

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:51 PM

Guys this game is overrated. I would wait. Much of the ratings were are features they pulled from the game. There are no manual saves. Only two weapons at a time. One ammo type per gun. Upgrades are not very good compared to 1 and 2. I would wait for $30 or even $20. Just a note: You can beat this game in a week on a rental.

Those are not at all the features I prioritize when I play a game...

#34 acthechamp

acthechamp

CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:04 AM

This is gonna go down pretty quickly. I'll bite when it's around $20... Finish it and then sell it off... Play the game for "almost" free.

#35 BegFourMercy

BegFourMercy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:06 AM

Those are not at all the features I prioritize when I play a game...

It is a watered down version of 1 and 2. If you play the game on hard or 1999 you will want to be able to save when you want. You can easily lose 1 hour of play because there is no way to tell when the last save was. Also, you are ok with them taking features our of game that were very successful. This game is 3 out of 5 at best. Wait for a larger price drop.

#36 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:19 AM

Nit picking clearly. Game was great and all the hyped is justified.

Selling GTA V and Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#37 ckehvin

ckehvin

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:35 AM

inFamous Complete Story is also $18 right now...

FeaturePoints: Never pay for games again.
Now Playing:
:pc: Smite

#38 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:45 AM

I wouldn't say most since it never seen a good sale, new or used.

Yeah, I have no idea why anyone would say "most people have Bioshock Infinite" by now, especially on CAG.

I lucked out and my cousin broke down and bought it at full price, so I get to borrow it from him and play through it for free. Otherwise I wouldn't have bought it til it got to the $15 range.

I'm not really going to get into it here, I'm about 3/4 through Infinite right now, and it's very good, but I think I like Bioshock 2 over Infinite. Unless something crazy happens during the final quarter of the game, it will be my 3rd favorite of the 3 Bioshock games.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#39 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:51 AM

had $50 gift card thanks to speedway. Thanks, this will jump ahead of the back log

#40 vickers500

vickers500

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:00 AM

"You can easily lose 1 hour of play because there is no way to tell when the last save was."

Yeah, except for the message that tells you the exact time when your last save was. Just click the "quit to main menu" option and it will warn you before you decide to quit.

"Also, you are ok with them taking features our of game that were very successful. This game is 3 out of 5 at best. Wait for a larger price drop." It is kind of a letdown in terms of Bioshock games, but even with some of the features taken out, it's still better than the vast majority of games out today. The art direction and story are among some of the best you can find. The gameplay is solid, and although not as fully featured as its predecessors, is still good.

If gunplay is your absolute number one priority in this game and you don't care much about story or an extremely beautiful world with an amazing art style, then sure, wait even more for a price drop. But if you do prioritize those things over simple gunplay (which is still good), then definitely pick the game up.

#41 BegFourMercy

BegFourMercy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:27 AM

"You can easily lose 1 hour of play because there is no way to tell when the last save was."

Yeah, except for the message that tells you the exact time when your last save was. Just click the "quit to main menu" option and it will warn you before you decide to quit.

"Also, you are ok with them taking features our of game that were very successful. This game is 3 out of 5 at best. Wait for a larger price drop." It is kind of a letdown in terms of Bioshock games, but even with some of the features taken out, it's still better than the vast majority of games out today. The art direction and story are among some of the best you can find. The gameplay is solid, and although not as fully featured as its predecessors, is still good.

If gunplay is your absolute number one priority in this game and you don't care much about story or an extremely beautiful world with an amazing art style, then sure, wait even more for a price drop. But if you do prioritize those things over simple gunplay (which is still good), then definitely pick the game up.

How intuitive on telling you your last save. Why would I even try to quit not knowing what that would do. Let's see, in the first two games, I press the menu button and then save. Why take that out. The gunplay should at least be what it was in the prior 2 games. I would rather have a tight shooter with the same 4 guns (not 2) then a pretty world that is not really that pretty. When I played it was pretty hazy and not clear. I can not believe people who give the glowing reviews. It looks pretty. Wow it must be great.

#42 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:17 AM

I think you are the only person ive seen that has had such bad things to say about it. I think it might just be you.

While you make valid points, they arent nearly as bad as you are making it out to me.

Selling GTA V and Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#43 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:36 AM

I would hate to feel that nit picky about games. Must suck to hate fun.

#44 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:54 AM

It is a watered down version of 1 and 2. If you play the game on hard or 1999 you will want to be able to save when you want. You can easily lose 1 hour of play because there is no way to tell when the last save was. Also, you are ok with them taking features our of game that were very successful. This game is 3 out of 5 at best. Wait for a larger price drop.

Late to the party. But you must of sucked if you were worried about dying on infinite. It was easy as can be. The game saved very often as well. And hard difficulty itself is harder than 1999 mode. Game is fucking awesome.

512847.png

#45 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:41 AM

I just happened to finish this last night, and it was outstanding. Definately something different, with a story that actually makes you think. what a fantastic last 30 mins.
I actually liked it better than the first one BECAUSE of some of the features that were taken out (hacking, picture taking)

The safe feature wasn't hard to figure out, you just look for the autosave icon.

Oh and it was great having Elizabeth around. I wish she could tag along in other games to toss me some health and ammo.

#46 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:42 AM

I just happened to finish this last night, and it was outstanding. Definately something different, with a story that actually makes you think. what a fantastic last 30 mins.
I actually liked it better than the first one BECAUSE of some of the features that were taken out (hacking, picture taking)

The safe feature wasn't hard to figure out, you just look for the autosave icon.

Oh and it was great having Elizabeth around. I wish she could tag along in other games to toss me some health and ammo.

seriously they took out picture taking,hacking and the ability to save anywhere? wtf. wonder what else got removed for no reason at all(ive avoided reviews as to avoid spoilers because i do want to play the game someday)

did not know this. glad i didnt bite.

#47 jjks

jjks

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

You know, sometimes I wonder why some of you even play video games. Bitching about Bioshock Infinite? Lol.

#48 vickers500

vickers500

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:56 PM

How intuitive on telling you your last save. Why would I even try to quit not knowing what that would do. Let's see, in the first two games, I press the menu button and then save. Why take that out. The gunplay should at least be what it was in the prior 2 games. I would rather have a tight shooter with the same 4 guns (not 2) then a pretty world that is not really that pretty. When I played it was pretty hazy and not clear. I can not believe people who give the glowing reviews. It looks pretty. Wow it must be great.

Why would you quit? Well unless you plan to play through the entire game in one sitting or you completely turn your ps3 off without quitting your games first (which can be bad on the ps3 and dangerous on game saves), then you should have found out pretty early about the warning it gives you when you decide to quit the game that states exactly when the last save was.

I don't know why the save system wasn't the same as the first two, and yeah, I'd rather be able to manually save, but if that very tiny detail ruins the game for you, then you are just a nitpicker. The game is easy enough (even on 1999 mode) that manually saving is not necessary at all.

As for your implication that the game simply got good reviews because it looks good, you have embarrassingly missed the point of what I (and reviewers) were trying to convey. The world is unique, creative and artistic, and just flat out beautiful to most of those who play it. It is a world unlike anything ever seen in video games (or mostly everywhere else for that matter). It's not just about superficial graphics, it's about atmosphere. That's just ONE out of MANY reasons people love this game. Another big reason is the story. I challenge you to find a better story than Infinite that isn't a Bioshock game. There aren't many that are, if there even are any.

The one point I will agree with you on is the gun carry limit. Not being able to carry more than 2 weapons is just stupid.

#49 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:09 PM

Why would you quit? Well unless you plan to play through the entire game in one sitting or you completely turn your ps3 off without quitting your games first (which can be bad on the ps3 and dangerous on game saves), then you should have found out pretty early about the warning it gives you when you decide to quit the game that states exactly when the last save was.

I don't know why the save system wasn't the same as the first two, and yeah, I'd rather be able to manually save, but if that very tiny detail ruins the game for you, then you are just a nitpicker. The game is easy enough (even on 1999 mode) that manually saving is not necessary at all.

As for your implication that the game simply got good reviews because it looks good, you have embarrassingly missed the point of what I (and reviewers) were trying to convey. The world is unique, creative and artistic, and just flat out beautiful to most of those who play it. It is a world unlike anything ever seen in video games (or mostly everywhere else for that matter). It's not just about superficial graphics, it's about atmosphere. That's just ONE out of MANY reasons people love this game. Another big reason is the story. I challenge you to find a better story than Infinite that isn't a Bioshock game. There aren't many that are, if there even are any.

The one point I will agree with you on is the gun carry limit. Not being able to carry more than 2 weapons is just stupid.

i cant comment on graphics dont own the game.

but the save issue i think is more of a WHAT WERE YOU THINKING thing that is just annoying. honestly i would probably be annoyed at it all the way through the entire game. its not so much nitpicking as why in the blue hell was that taken out? you dont just take that out. you just dont. its illogical and stupid. in fact more games need a save anywhere feature. no more of this stupid checkpoint system.

also the two gun thing seems like they decided to just copy COD because why not everyone else is.

#50 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:53 PM

I'm sure they had a meeting at Irrational and said "hey guys, call of duty has 2 guns, we better do that!".

#51 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:34 AM

I'm sure they had a meeting at Irrational and said "hey guys, call of duty has 2 guns, we better do that!".

why not every series is doing it lol. though to be fair halo started that originally.