Photo
- - - - -

Wii U games at Amazon.com (NSMBU $40/BLOPS2 $30/Lego Undercover $40)

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 eoplocust

eoplocust

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:51 AM

Seems they knocked about $10 off a few Wii U games on Amazon

New Super Mario Bros U$39.99
http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B002I0K3CK/

Call of Duty Black Ops 2 $29.99
http://www.amazon.co...uct/B002I0GD06/

Lego City Undercover $39.99 with Free Figureine Offer - DEAD?
http://www.amazon.co...uct/B002I0K3PM/

Didn't see this posted and it's kind of hard to find in search so sorry if repost. Credit to Slickdeals for 2 out of 3

#2 Jose_ole

Jose_ole

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:01 AM

NSMBU or Lego city undercover?

#3 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:03 AM

NSMBU or Lego city undercover?

NSMBU. Lego City was fun, but driving mechanics and ridiculous load times ruined it for me.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#4 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:06 AM

lego city was such a fun game
yeah the loading was the worst part but the story and writing were great, really funny

last part/mission blew my mind :o

wish black ops 2 was $20. i can wait

#5 Jose_ole

Jose_ole

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:11 AM

Lego city looks fun but im leaning towards NSMBU

#6 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:16 AM

to me, NSMBU is a must have where Lego City is a should have.

#7 eoplocust

eoplocust

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:43 AM

Sucks I just got New Super Mario Bros U last week for $50, but since I used Shop your Way points (kmart) it was technically free. nonetheless, I'm getting Lego City Undercover and thinking about Black ops 2 myself.

#8 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:50 AM

Lego City Undercover $39.99 with Free Figureine Offer
http://www.amazon.co...uct/B002I0K3PM/

Hmm might have to bite on this one.

#9 yokuo

yokuo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:25 AM

Mario is absolutely worth owning. I got that day 1 and played it like mad until I beat it. I would call it the best of the "New Super" series, and seeing Mario in HD is great.
You should pretend there's something witty here.

#10 DaSH Alpha

DaSH Alpha

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:39 AM

*Now* Lego City comes with the figure at Amazon?? The pre-orders didn't :(

#11 DaSH Alpha

DaSH Alpha

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:40 AM

Mario and Lego are both great games. Lego will last a lot longer for single player and Mario for the multiplayer. Both are great games for the entire family.

#12 ssjChris

ssjChris

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:44 AM

If you don't have a Wii U and NSMBU, consider me puzzled. But yeah, good deal for that game. I owned Black Ops 2 (on Wii U) and when I learned that Activision was forcing their community to stop asking about it, I sold it (wanted the zombie DLC because I love that part of that game). It is a great port, so worth $20 when it hits that low.

Haven't tried Lego City, but I would rather rent it before putting $20+ down on it. I'm not sure if I'll like the game or not.

#13 Autosaver

Autosaver

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:44 AM

NSMBU is a better deal because Lego actually retails for $49.99 compared to NMSBU's $59.99 price. Basically speaking, you're saving $20 on a fantastic game (that's having DLC this summer!) compared to $10 on a great game.

I do agree that the Lego game has long load times. BUT STILL - it's still a great game. I own both and they are both must haves for Wii U owners. Lego is open world while Mario is 2D platformer.

#14 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:54 AM

If it's still $40 tomorrow I might price match it at Best Buy.

oIi9lub.png

#15 The Lord of Awesome

The Lord of Awesome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:22 AM

This is some advice for DLC peeps.

If you buy NSMBU you'll basically save $10 for the upcoming Luigi DLC which'll be a whole new game basically ($20 DLC vs. $30 retail)

#16 Anthony1

Anthony1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:58 AM

Shouldn't there be lots of $9.99 and $14.99 Wii U games available ? Reason being, I've heard on certain podcasts that many 3rd party Wii U games have only sold a few thousand copies (which seems absolutely ridiculous), but the people giving the info don't normally lie about stuff like that.

So, if there are retailers like Target and Wal-Mart and Sears and Best Buy that have tons and tons of unsold Wii U games, what are they doing with them ? Is Nintendo doing something to keep them from blowing them out at $9.99 and $14.99 ? Maybe Nintendo is worried that it would send a really bad message for tons of games to be selling for only $9.99 and $14.99 and $19.99, and they don't want to get into a panic selling situation for the retailers.

I can't imagine that Nintendo or the publishers are giving them credit for all these unsold games, so you'd have to think the retailers will start blowing them out soon enough. Right ?

#17 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:59 AM

Is NsmbU as difficult as NsmbWii?
I found the wii version too frustrating, esp since you couldnt save after each level. I'm used to galaxy and 3d land.
3DS 3136-6780-8494
Wii U moothemagiccow
PSN moothemagiccow

#18 takotchi

takotchi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:30 AM

Is NsmbU as difficult as NsmbWii?
I found the wii version too frustrating, esp since you couldnt save after each level. I'm used to galaxy and 3d land.

It starts off simple enough, but there are many places where the difficulty is just unreasonable or downright cruel. And yeah, you can't save until you beat the game, except for a few levels (like castles). So you end up beating the first castle level over and over just to save your progress.

#19 smellmybutt

smellmybutt

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:13 AM

Still waiting for Monster Hunter 3 to drop in price.

#20 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:45 AM

It starts off simple enough, but there are many places where the difficulty is just unreasonable or downright cruel. And yeah, you can't save until you beat the game, except for a few levels (like castles). So you end up beating the first castle level over and over just to save your progress.

They added Quick Saves though, which is basically save at will. I actually am not sure what the difference was at all between it and normal saving.

Plus with PS3 remote play you can basically PLay your PS3 games on your PSP Go anywhere you are basically making it a Portable PS3

But Metroid sucks. I consider it Gunpei Yokoi's worst creation, even beating the Virtual Boy.

RE: XBox ONE

at least they change their name and not name their systems 1,2,3,4

#21 smallsharkbigbite

smallsharkbigbite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:51 AM

You could only use a quick save one time between castles. Otherwise it was the same as a normal save. If you beat a castle or get an item (if I remember correctly) you could save. So I'd either save an item house until I wanted to save or go back to a castle and look for the 3 star medals for a save.

I thought it was overall marginally more difficult than NSMB Wii.

#22 gossamer

gossamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:19 PM

Grabbed Lego with the $20 trade in promo I still had sitting.

#23 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

You could only use a quick save one time between castles. Otherwise it was the same as a normal save. If you beat a castle or get an item (if I remember correctly) you could save. So I'd either save an item house until I wanted to save or go back to a castle and look for the 3 star medals for a save.

I thought it was overall marginally more difficult than NSMB Wii.

Hmm, good to know. It was never an issue for me. And I agree on the difficulty. There are a handful of levels that are enjoyably difficult.

#24 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

Thanks guys, looks like a pass
3DS 3136-6780-8494
Wii U moothemagiccow
PSN moothemagiccow

#25 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:16 PM

Still waiting for Monster Hunter 3 to drop in price.

+1.

Can't spend $60 on it when a friend gave me the 3DS version that I can already play online w/ my Wii U w/ the "Packet Relay App". I'd rather do that than shove around my save to just play it online.

Monster Hunter 4 being exclusive to the 3DS is going to be weird. Means the current Wii U game could be the last console version for awhile.

cagSig.png515886.png

#26 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

They added Quick Saves though, which is basically save at will. I actually am not sure what the difference was at all between it and normal saving.

Quicksaves are deleted when you load them.
www.bighugenerd.com

#27 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:09 PM

I would rather trade for Lego City Undercover then flat out buy it... hmm..

These are the games that I am currently playing:

:wiiu: The Wonderful 101
:3ds: Shin Megami Tensei IV

Here is a direct link to my trade list.

#28 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

Quicksaves are deleted when you load them.

Yea. It's like "sleeping" the game. You pick up right where you were. The temporary save is deleted.

cagSig.png515886.png

#29 sloftus12

sloftus12

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:16 PM

Grabbed Lego with the $20 trade in promo I still had sitting.

on a somewhat related note, does the Amazon $20 trade in promo have an expiration date?

#30 chuckm79

chuckm79

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:22 PM

I want NSMBU, but now that they have the Luigi DLC announced, I'm wondering if they will eventually come out with a disk version that includes both the full game and DLC in one package. There is nothing I hate more then buying a game and then finding out they came out with a better more complete version on disk later.