GGT 240 riots at Xbox One Press Conference

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
514 replies to this topic

#61 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:01 PM

Don't know if you guys care, but for today only Penny Arcade is giving away lots of steam codes for the third Penny Arcade game! Takes like two seconds to get a code, so you might want to get one. It's a turn-based RPG, btw.

http://penny-arcade....nslick-giveaway

#62 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

I already supported them and bought it when it was released, so here, someone can have my code:

quote to see

--

GUNNM, if I want to play a game to get rid of it for maximum trade in value, I focus. So I'd be thinking "I can play NGS2 anytime, since I'll probably keep this, but if I don't play through GoW:A and I plan to finish it, by the time I do, it might be worth $2." :)
And I had 5 other GoW platinums, I felt the compulsion to get the 6th. Most of it wasn't bad... I just had to worry about the "max out Kratos" and the play on hard. I think those were the hardest of all the trophies.

#63 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:10 PM

I'm not that excited about the Xbox announcement as I'm in one of those gaming lulls where I'm gaming little and have little interest in picking it up more anytime soon.

If I get a next gen console I'd likely got with the next Xbox unless they screw it up majorly for the simple reason that I vastly prefer that contoller (unless they change it) to the Dual Shock style controllers and have friends who game on Xbox and none really with PS3s who play online.

Exclusives are mostly moot aside from a few things like Halo, Gears, Uncharted etc. as most stuff I play is multiplatform. So it really just comes down to what my friends are gaming on and which controller I like better for me.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#64 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

I'm likely not going to pick it up anytime soon, but I'm hoping for something that will excite me. I feel like I'm in a gaming rut and very little I see is getting me really excited. I'd like for something to come out and really wow me.

Uraizen, Kazimer, anyone. Wanna play Injustice tomorrow night? Batgirl drops and I'd like to play around with her.

#65 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:27 PM

I'm likely not going to pick it up anytime soon, but I'm hoping for something that will excite me. I feel like I'm in a gaming rut and very little I see is getting me really excited. I'd like for something to come out and really wow me.

Uraizen, Kazimer, anyone. Wanna play Injustice tomorrow night? Batgirl drops and I'd like to play around with her.

Build a gaming PC and start a Steam collection. That's what's energizing my gaming - that and my handhelds (mostly my Vita, but my 3DS XL is helping too).
I really hope the Dualshock 4 works well on PC... I'd love to just buy one of those for use with my gaming PC instead of being forced to jerry-rig a PS3 controller or use an xbox 360 controller. This is, of course, assuming I like the Dualshock 4 as much as I like the Dualshock 2 (and Dualshock 3 after real triggers).

#66 Action!

Action!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:39 PM

I'm sure I'll be game. I plan on going in on her. She looks like a lot of fun.

#67 weevles

weevles

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:11 PM

What helps my gaming ruts is that I have very little time to game these days. :p

Pokemon X is coming! :whee:

Also, wtf:

Posted Image

#68 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Lookin' in all the right places

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:13 PM

Posted Image

#69 Action!

Action!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:34 PM

Pokemon X is coming!

So hype.

Are you over on the 3A forums, or is there another gunm with the same avatar?

#70 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:36 PM

Don't blow his spot yo.

#71 Action!

Action!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:40 PM

I'm telling urryone.

#72 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

No thats me but gunm took my name here so I had to make this one

#73 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:44 PM

GUNNM, if I want to play a game to get rid of it for maximum trade in value, I focus. So I'd be thinking "I can play NGS2 anytime, since I'll probably keep this, but if I don't play through GoW:A and I plan to finish it, by the time I do, it might be worth $2." :)
And I had 5 other GoW platinums, I felt the compulsion to get the 6th. Most of it wasn't bad... I just had to worry about the "max out Kratos" and the play on hard. I think those were the hardest of all the trophies.

I used to care about achievements but I'm recovering. It's a part of me I'm trying to get over

#74 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:47 PM

I used to care about achievements but I'm recovering. It's a part of me I'm trying to get over

Same. Back when I had more time I was all about being an achievement whore, but these days I don't really go out of my way to get them since I barely have enough time to finish most games.

#75 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:49 PM

Same. Back when I had more time I was all about being an achievement whore, but these days I don't really go out of my way to get them since I barely have enough time to finish most games.

Its a more of who gives a shit if you 100%'d a game mentally for me and I don't really game anymore I just buy games and they sit on my shelf unless its a game I really want to play like Resident evil Revelations

#76 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:55 PM

I was never a huge achievement whore but I cared about my gamerscore 4/5 years ago. Now I really couldn't care less. Also apparently there will be at least one game tomorrow-Everyone is saying next-gen Fifa will debut.

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

Gamertag/PSN: Eradicator31

Wii U: Eradicator30

#77 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

I'll third that.

I've stopped paying much attention at all to achievements or trophies.

With a 15-20ish game backlog and little time/interest in playing through them right now I mainly just focus on beating games and moving on to something else when I am playing.

Achievements were ok when I didn't have a backlog and wanted to stretch games out more, but not now that I'm feeling a little smothered by a small backlog I'll probably never get through.

I figure I'll just end up laying a couple of games I really want to play in the PS3 backlog and just sell of the system and the other games unplayed and just go back to just having the 360 (maybe swap in new xbox down the road) and Nintendo handheld.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#78 Action!

Action!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:58 PM

Same boat. I only gun for all achievements/trophies if it's a game I really love now. It's just a game-life extension at this point, and I like it way more that way.

#79 weevles

weevles

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:04 PM

No thats me but gunm took my name here so I had to make this one

That's right. I'm just a shadow of GUNNM. 8-)

I rarely ever play for achievements only. A couple games I did just because they weren't too difficult and didn't require multiplayer that I wasn't already doing.

#80 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:12 PM

Get a Vita and Soul Sacrifice. Ask Frost. He will concur.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#81 weevles

weevles

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:41 PM

Hm, Darkstalkers Resurrection + Super Puzzle Fighter II tomorrow...I might have to get in on that action.

Are those "Ultimate" editions of PSN bundles any good? Seems like a lame way to make you pay full price for stuff because DLC.

#82 j-cart

j-cart

PAPER TRAILS on a mountain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:11 PM

So Resident Evil Revelations on PC who is with me?

#83 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:16 PM

I just played the demo in Spanish.

Made it worlds better.

#84 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Lookin' in all the right places

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:24 PM

Hm, Darkstalkers Resurrection + Super Puzzle Fighter II tomorrow...I might have to get in on that action.

Are those "Ultimate" editions of PSN bundles any good? Seems like a lame way to make you pay full price for stuff because DLC.

The MGR bundle for ~$45 is pretty good if it comes with the costumes, sam, and bladewolf.

Made it worlds better.

Me Gusta

#85 Action!

Action!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:30 PM

Me Gusta

I can only see the DmC telemundo mod (Telemundus?) So good.

#86 lolwhat

lolwhat

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:44 PM

I'm down, releases tonight right?

#87 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:45 PM

I'm down, releases tonight right?

Yup. I wont have it up and running till tomorrow though.

#88 lolwhat

lolwhat

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:55 PM

Sounds good. Do you know if the co-op is a separate campaign?

#89 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:58 PM

Lame, so you can't unlock co-op until you beat Chapter 3 of the game.

And it is basically arena? They call it Raid Mode.

Hmmm, now I am wondering if this $50 can be spent better...

#90 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:58 PM

Me.
Spoiler

Made it worlds better.

Dos cervezas, por favor.

I can only see the DmC telemundo mod (Telemundus?) So good.

Que mala suerte.

Posted Image Posted Image

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D