• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 DeadbeatGa

DeadbeatGa

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:20 PM

http://www.target.co...c_qi_detaillink

Not sure if it's in store price too, but it's 60 dollars off right now at target.com
Posted Image

#2 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:33 PM

Wow.

I did hear the original Wii outsold the Wii U recently, so I wonder if this sale price is in any way related.
FadeToOne.png

#3 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

It'll be interesting if this deal starts popping up at other retailers over the next few days. With E3 only a few weeks away I could see them announcing a price drop and possibly even phasing out this model because of its limited storage.

#4 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:41 PM

This almost makes me want to buy one...almost.
Posted Image

#5 renebasketball

renebasketball

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:03 PM

Price is tempting but not a lot of games right.

#6 Purkeynator

Purkeynator

Cheap before it was cool

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:05 PM

I also noticed they have a bundle of the basic console plus New Super Mario U for $289 for an extra $10 savings vs buying both separately.
trade list (mostly guides with a few boxes and manuals)
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=44132

#7 derby70

derby70

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:11 PM

Wow. Makes me wanna get one.

#8 Eye Carumba

Eye Carumba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:41 PM

Not sure if it's in store price too

You'd probably be able to take the online price and match it at either Target or Best Buy.

#9 get_loud

get_loud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:47 AM

They'll match it at the customer service register. Just did it with a ps3 bundle (epic mickey with move) the other day where it was $30 less on their site than in store.

#10 nullus

nullus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:52 AM

Would best buy match this? I have some BB GC's.

#11 DANIEL

DANIEL

DANNY FAKnTASTIC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:07 AM

dont forget the 5% discount when you use your target card

DANNY_FAKnTASTIK.pngfs_overall.png

#12 ChuckVsWorld

ChuckVsWorld

aCAGdemic Advisor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:23 AM

This would be a good gamble, considering E3 is coming up next month. However, if it can get to 240, it can be 199 by holiday season.
Posted Image

#13 timro33

timro33

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:26 AM

3ds and xl also on sale

Cannot post link. Check website

#14 PaleGreen

PaleGreen

Take as needed for pain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:34 AM

My local Target had some first party accessories on clearance for half off:

Microphone - $15
GamePad Stand/Cradle - $10

#15 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:35 AM

3ds and xl also on sale

Cannot post link. Check website

$145 for 3DS and $175 for 3DS XL.

Plus with PS3 remote play you can basically PLay your PS3 games on your PSP Go anywhere you are basically making it a Portable PS3

But Metroid sucks. I consider it Gunpei Yokoi's worst creation, even beating the Virtual Boy.

RE: XBox ONE

at least they change their name and not name their systems 1,2,3,4

#16 thrifty1

thrifty1

Delicious Deal Stacker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:12 AM

In for 1. I think I'm going to bite because i never had a vanilla Wii.

I don't expect to play much other than the few Wii games I missed. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt with the games. You'd think they'd at least have a new Zelda for it before it dies right?

At $240 if it goes $40 cheaper I won't feel bad. Thanks OP.

#17 icarusmight

icarusmight

What it do!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:33 AM

My local Target had some first party accessories on clearance for half off:

Microphone - $15
GamePad Stand/Cradle - $10

Same at my Local store. Picked up the Cradle/Stand for $9.98. Did not want too miss it by waiting for 70%. Worth it for those like me who got the Basic bundle.

#18 Don illmatix

Don illmatix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:59 AM

Copped one, 268.42 total after shipping to Brooklyn, NY.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Reverse psychology got em scared to say when shit is whack
Out of fear of being called a hater, imagine that!

#19 Graviex

Graviex

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:44 PM

Argh, if the deluxe had this kind of drop, I'd buy it instantly! Is the only real difference between the deluxe and the basic the memory and Nintendo Land? I still may jump on this since I work at target and I get an additional 15% off with red card..
Posted Image

#20 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:51 PM

After Microsoft's disappointing Xbox One reveal "conference", I'm more convinced than ever that the Wii U will be my next console purchase. I also wish this discount applied to the Deluxe model; I'm holding out for $250 or less for that. :pray:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Braid; Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/10]: :vita: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#21 Wazzup4567

Wazzup4567

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:32 PM

Just a PS to those wanting the Deluxe over the Basic, you can get Nintendoland for about 40$ or less currently making the total of the Basic and Nintendoland the MSRP of the Basic.

And if you are looking for extra memory, get one of these: Sandisk 32GB Compact Flash Drive Or use an external HDD.

#22 Graviex

Graviex

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

Just a PS to those wanting the Deluxe over the Basic, you can get Nintendoland for about 40$ or less currently making the total of the Basic and Nintendoland the MSRP of the Basic.

And if you are looking for extra memory, get one of these: Sandisk 32GB Compact Flash Drive Or use an external HDD.

Yeah, the main deciding factor for me was more memory.. Nintendo Land would be cool too, but it basically will come out to the same price difference, since its on sale. Isn't there something else about getting 10% off online store purchases with the Deluxe as well?
Posted Image

#23 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:58 PM

This would be a good gamble, considering E3 is coming up next month. However, if it can get to 240, it can be 199 by holiday season.

No. If they are (or were) taking a lose at 300 a price drop is still possible, but 100$ off (loss) not likely.

#24 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:07 AM

Man, I'm seriously considering PMing this at BBY, using a $20 RZ certificate (all I have left to redeem) and the ~$125 I have left on my Pitch-In Card, and paying the remaining ~$108 (including tax) out of my pocket... :-k

But is there a chance of a better bundle/value/deal appearing down the road? That's the only reason I'm not chomping at the bit for this deal right now.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Braid; Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/10]: :vita: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#25 mcgavin27

mcgavin27

twomanjobs.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:48 PM

I price matched at Best Buy. I feel this might be the best price we will get in a little while on the console.

logo.png

#26 Teeheehee

Teeheehee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

Yeah, the main deciding factor for me was more memory.. Nintendo Land would be cool too, but it basically will come out to the same price difference, since its on sale. Isn't there something else about getting 10% off online store purchases with the Deluxe as well?

Not exactly, but you get something like 10% extra points or credits with the Deluxe, which only lasts another year or 2 I believe. It's not for the life the system. You also get a charging cradle for the pad. And the console is black instead of white.

#27 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

This is tempting, but I would prefer the Deluxe model for the extra storage, cradle and packed-in game (which I keep hearing is a lot of fun, more than you might expect). Hopefully that drops to $250 by Xmas.

#28 LightningX32

LightningX32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

the reward promotion for the deluxe was for the intitial launch systems, where you get i think it was 5% off games or something like that but someone correct me if I am wrong. Also you can get nintendo land for $20 used at gamestop.

#29 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:50 PM

the reward promotion for the deluxe was for the intitial launch systems, where you get i think it was 5% off games or something like that but someone correct me if I am wrong. Also you can get nintendo land for $20 used at gamestop.

I think it's 10% on purchases in the eShop. It pays out in $5 increments, is on all deluxe models, not just launch, and is only valid for a year.

I coul dbe wrong on some of those details.

#30 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

Deluxe program is good for 2 years.

Selling GTA V and Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png