Photo
* * * * - 31 votes

The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Backlog on my backlog Pokemanz Spoder sense 2deep4me Summer Seal Trading Cardz

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13023 replies to this topic

#5131 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

Ha, random thought... with BGEE being yanked...

It would make sense to have a Humble BGEE Weekly.

#NoPennyLeftBehind

You are a genius.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#5132 forbiddenx

forbiddenx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:55 PM

I'd still be able to play it once it's pulled though right?

Posted Image

#5133 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:57 PM

Yes once you buy something on steam its yours even if it gets removed you will still have access to download it as many times as you want.

#5134 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

Yes, I have plenty of Steam games in my library you can't purchase on Steam anymore but I have full access to still.

#5135 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:59 PM

Anyone interested in Baldur's Gate should definitely pick it up at this price.  It's been removed from several other online merchants due to legal issues. 

I'm surprised it's still available on Steam - and even more surprised it's on sale!

Baldur's can continue to sell on amazon and steam because the publisher is Atari on those sites.  Its the Beamdog published sites that are getting pulled.

Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#5136 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:00 PM

Yes. You just won't be able to buy it anymore.

EDIT: Double ninja'd.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#5137 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

Aren't babies the best?

Edit: @Ashes - shouldn't everyone have a 60hz tv by now? My tv is almost 4 years old and it's 240hz. Heck, the free tv I got when I bought my living room set is even 120hz and that was also 4 years ago.

27" Zenith -- Believe It

Liq__tv_s_-Park_P__002.jpg

Ha, random thought... with BGEE being yanked...

It would make sense to have a Humble BGEE Weekly.

#NoPennyLeftBehind

Beaten to the punch and that's all I drink. 

MARS

#5138 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

Really? I've already played a few hours (win7, 64-bit) and had no problems other than the game pretty much sucking.

Actually I do kinda remember hearing it wouldn't start for some people, but trust me, it's doing y'all a favor.

Won't start for most people with Windows 7 64-bit without disabling in-game movies. No idea how you got it running with no problems, it's an extremely common issue though.

#5139 DaiMonPaul

DaiMonPaul

On the Fringe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:34 PM

Any news on cards for this week?  Are they still dropping on Tuesdays and Thursdays now that the beta is over?

#5140 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:38 PM

I wonder how many times you guys will allow yourselves to be trolled by Valve with the summer sale.  lol.  I enjoy watching the build up and let down. 

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#5141 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:39 PM

Rise of the Triad has trading cards but it isn't released yet.  Otherwise, no new announcements.

#5142 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:55 PM

Any news on cards for this week?  Are they still dropping on Tuesdays and Thursdays now that the beta is over?

How many Gabe Slaves benefit from predictably announced card additions?

It seems like a staggered release would allow more people with other interests to get in early.

MARS

#5143 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:02 PM

Rise of the Triad has trading cards but it isn't released yet.  Otherwise, no new announcements.

Gun Monkeys supposedly has them as well, but I've not seen an announcement either.

76561197971332172.png

#5144 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:29 PM

Gun Monkeys supposedly has them as well, but I've not seen an announcement either.

Stealth Bastard Deluxe just got a 5MB update. 

That's the size card updates have been in the past.

Then again, so did Zombie Driver HD at about the same time. I don't have a clue what that means.

#5145 pepsiguy_2

pepsiguy_2

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:30 PM

Wednesdays.

TheOnlyAlexLynch.png

#5146 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:31 PM

Any opinions on Kinetic Void?

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#5147 Foxhack

Foxhack

Bad at math

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:45 PM

Beamdog published that one.

Atari publishes the Steam version. There's a chance it may be pulled, but it's 50/50, I think.

foxhack.jpg

#5148 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:49 PM

New StoryBundle: The Sci-Fi Bundle PWYW

Spoiler

MARS

#5149 paulcalypse

paulcalypse

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:50 PM

FTL is $2.49 on the dev's site through the Humble Store today. DRM-free and Steam key.

Quoting this so people see it.

I paid $5 for FTL not too long ago and I'm not even bummed that it's $2.50 now. I've since played it for 30 hours. Awesome game.

TyranitarJr.png

#5150 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:56 PM

Stealth Bastard Deluxe just got a 5MB update. 

That's the size card updates have been in the past.

Then again, so did Zombie Driver HD at about the same time. I don't have a clue what that means.

Might just be another unrelated update. The Stealth Bastard devs have patched a lot of small things when issues were brought up in their Steam forums.

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Support Team CAG for Extra Life 2013 in November! Join us in our quest or donate. :D LINK

Current Contest/Giveaway: 

Donate to Extra Life & win one of 12 signed Red Orchestra 2 copies!

#5151 Ltrain23

Ltrain23

Luigi Death Stare

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:00 PM

I didn't see that anyone has posted this yet, but Gamefly has Skyrim Legendary Edition for $31.99 after using the code GFDJUL20.

Credit goes to Deathdenial over in this thread: Bethesda PC Sale @ Gamefly

SWITCH TO DISH & GET A FREE HOPPER UPGRADE.

If you use one of my referral codes, you get $50 off your first bill, too!

TMR221917838     AHP233565792     ADN253704054

#5152 NvaderJim

NvaderJim

Game Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

photo-80010.png?_r=0

Posted Image

#5153 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:31 PM

Shift Codes today:

PC/Mac

W3C3B-3XK6C-ZKX3B-BJT33-R5H69

KT5JJ-9JBKC-TS63T-J3J3J-96WBW

photo-80010.png?_r=0

:rofl:

76561197971332172.png

#5154 Woodlands

Woodlands

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:41 PM

I have a NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M 3GB graphics with Optimus on a Dell (yes, yes, I know...) XPS 17 laptop that I bought in December 2011 (hi NSA!).

I played through Batman: Arkham Asylum on it in January 2012 without a hitch.  It remained on hard drive since then but I haven't put any time into it since last summer.

This week I decided to do another play through, but the game is a little sluggish.  Once I got to Bane it was completely unplayable.  I discovered that it was the PhysX engine causing the problem, and the game returns to normal speed when I shut it off.

Any idea what might have changed to make the game run differently now? Sure, it's easy enough shut PhysX off, but I like the effects that it adds and it is peculiar that it ran fine a year ago.

#5155 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:55 PM

Defender's Quest is 75% off ($3.74) on the dev's site through the Humble Store. DRM-free and Steam. The game has trading cards.

link

#5156 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

They must have just updated it to match the GOG sale.  Still waiting for Steam so I can use funny money on it.

Edit:

Also, since I own this: http://www.gamersgat...ster-collection

Does the one on sale right now on Steam have anything I don't already have?

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#5157 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:05 PM

They must have just updated it to match the GOG sale.  Still waiting for Steam so I can use funny money on it. 

That's exactly the reason he gave. I can't imagine it won't hit the same price on Steam.

#5158 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:22 PM

I have one of those it's 5 months old.

Am I the only one who is seriously worried for that child's safety?

X3 is to celebrate its Linux release and Grotesque Tactics seem to be a random deal. There was no mention of a weekly sale on the blog like there usually is.

Random... or a good indication that Holy Avatar & the Maidens of the Dead is close to getting greenlit...

Also, to anyone considering grabbing BGEE, it's pointless. The original version is far superior once modded, which allows it to be played using BG2's more advanced engine, adds cut content back into the game, and a slew of other upgrades. There are a myriad of complaints about BGEE and lack of support from the developer (slow updates, tons of issues, etc), while the modded original version is a near flawless product, is cheaper, and... you probably already have it.

But yeah, BGEE is the inferior version and it's more expensive. If you're super anal about having EVERYTHING on Steam, have at it, but the original is the better version.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#5159 pepsiguy_2

pepsiguy_2

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:27 PM

Quoting this so people see it.

I paid $5 for FTL not too long ago and I'm not even bummed that it's $2.50 now. I've since played it for 30 hours. Awesome game.

It was 2.50 like two weeks ago too. 

TheOnlyAlexLynch.png

#5160 Motiv

Motiv

Deuterium

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:37 PM

Does anyone know what today's Half-Life 2: Episode 1 & 2 updates are all about? If this is those stupid language updates that hit Half-Life 2 earlier I'll be upset. Restarting Steam didn't make them go away either......    .....    ...

nooooooooooooo.gif

76561197989105710.png