Photo
* * * * - 31 votes

The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Backlog on my backlog Pokemanz Spoder sense 2deep4me Summer Seal Trading Cardz

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13023 replies to this topic

#5941 paulcalypse

paulcalypse

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:12 PM

Head's up for anybody in the market for a controller. Amazon has the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller with PC dongle as a Gold Box lightning sale for $35.00. According to Camel, this ties an all-time low for this controller on Amazon. Though the Gold Box discount is only $5 off the regular Amazon price. So I'll let you decide how good off a deal this is.

I paid $35 in a lightning deal in the past. Good deal, I'd say.

TyranitarJr.png

#5942 bubzers

bubzers

Derpy Derpy Doo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:39 PM

Head's up for anybody in the market for a controller. Amazon has the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller with PC dongle as a Gold Box lightning sale for $35.00. According to Camel, this ties an all-time low for this controller on Amazon. Though the Gold Box discount is only $5 off the regular Amazon price. So I'll let you decide how good off a deal this is.

Aw hell! I just bought this yesterday! After some credit, I shelled out $22. My cheapass side is fighting my lazyass side...and losing.
76561198025510545.png

#5943 - Glenn -

- Glenn -

The CAG formerly known as glennfrank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:55 PM

How good a deal is this?  I have managed to avoid adding Sleeping Dogs to my Backlog until now... and probably wouldn't play it right away.  What do you all think?  Should I hold out for cheaper/more addons included??

http://www.greenmang...ping-dogs-pack/

#5944 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:01 PM

Daily Deal

Garry's Mod - $9.99 $2.49

Let me tell you two useful pieces of information...

#5945 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:01 PM

I'd probably add

Steam Card Fraud

Faked Death

I don't know who Phil Fish* is, and I don't care.  (I'm quite picky about what TV shows/movies I watch too**... the only Yankee TV shows I've watched in the last year is Dexter, Breaking Bad, & Game of Thrones)

*If I hadn't read CAG banter about him, I'd have no clue.

**I can't figure why so many people react like I'm a borderline sociopath when I tell them, I don't watch TV.

What qualifies Game of Thrones as a Yankee show? The set locations aren't in the US, and the actors aren't Yankees. Is it because the writer is a Yankee and it's an HBO show?

Anyways, I can't speak for Dexter, but BB and GoT are great TV. I'd also include Boardwalk Empire in that list.

Posted Image

#5946 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:21 PM

What qualifies Game of Thrones as a Yankee show? The set locations aren't in the US, and the actors aren't Yankees. Is it because the writer is a Yankee and it's an HBO show?

Anyways, I can't speak for Dexter, but BB and GoT are great TV. I'd also include Boardwalk Empire in that list.

And where does she get off using the term "Yankee" like she's not a citizen of the United States? She probably lives in Boston. ;)

#5947 RepedeGoesWoof

RepedeGoesWoof

Woof Woof Woof

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

How good a deal is this?  I have managed to avoid adding Sleeping Dogs to my Backlog until now... and probably wouldn't play it right away.  What do you all think?  Should I hold out for cheaper/more addons included??

I would say it's pretty decent. I picked up the standalone game for about $10 two months back.

666277.png

#5948 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

Sheepy Dogs is fantastic -- GTA done right, with Batman-lite combat + Bullettime.  That said if you're just backlogging, you might as well hold out a little longer for the Complete Edition.  I paid $13 back at Thanksgiving, and the DLC isn't worth much.

Good point.  I'm calling GoT Yankee purely on the basis of it being an HBO production and thus is carried on a major US network, and thus has a large US viewerbase.

The particular distinction for the purposes of my post, is that the majority of my TV & movie watching is non-US (and largely non-English) and not carried on TV or in Cinemas.  

And where does she get off using the term "Yankee" like she's not a citizen of the United States? She probably lives in Boston. ;)

Dual national.  My English betrays non-English/American language patterns in a subtle way that makes Americans always think I'm from another part of the country.  Hearing my breed of Colonial English regularly makes me cringe as I hear mistakes that I recognize but still make myself.  I don't think or speak like a pure-breed American.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#5949 bubzers

bubzers

Derpy Derpy Doo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

Spoiler
I don't think or speak like a pure-breed American.

I don't think most Americans do either.

And what is a "pure-breed" American? Is it like cats/dogs? Two Americans breed another? Or two Americans from the same family? Guess it depends on what part of the country you are from...

76561198025510545.png

#5950 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:53 PM

what is a "pure-breed" American?

Kenny-Powers-Pantydropper.jpg

Hand__Of__God.png

#5951 SonicXtreme

SonicXtreme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:53 PM

has gary's mod gotten lower than 2.50 for other past sales? if yes i will just wait till the summer sale since i probably wouldn't play it before then anyway. 

#5952 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:55 PM

has gary's mod gotten lower than 2.50 for other past sales? if yes i will just wait till the summer sale since i probably wouldn't play it before then anyway. 

Enhanced Steam is your go to answer for questions like this, but no it hasn't been cheaper though it will probably hit the same price in the summer sale.

Let me tell you two useful pieces of information...

#5953 bubzers

bubzers

Derpy Derpy Doo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:55 PM

Posted Image

That clears it up! Thanks!
76561198025510545.png

#5954 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

I don't think most Americans do either. And what is a "pure-breed" American?

Americans, born and raised in America with no exposure to the rest of the world.

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#5955 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

And what is a "pure-breed" American?

LjdeR.jpg

Backlog Alphabet: Working my backlog A to Z [Blog Updated on Jan 28 - New Final Entry, Now With The Letter Z!]

#5956 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:00 PM

LjdeR.jpg

Wow... it really is a _____ extension.

...recoil is going to make him double over.

#5957 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:01 PM

I'd probably add

Steam Card Fraud

Faked Death

I don't know who Phil Fish* is, and I don't care.  (I'm quite picky about what TV shows/movies I watch too**... the only Yankee TV shows I've watched in the last year is Dexter, Breaking Bad, & Game of Thrones)

*If I hadn't read CAG banter about him, I'd have no clue.

**I can't figure why so many people react like I'm a borderline sociopath when I tell them, I don't watch TV.

True, I was thinking Faked Death too, but with how difficult to get away with, I figured it'd be too hard of an achievement to add.  I hate when there is crap like, shit like "Beat <insert various Cave shooter> without getting hit"

And my god, what is wrong with you?!  How can you expect to rot your mind with video games alone?!  You need the mindless TV, its lazy to a factor of 10.

That said, for current shows, I'd recommend Falling Skies (surprising good most of the time), Sons of Anarchy (i skipped this for 3 seasons before giving in and watching, big mistake to have waited), Psych (my god 80s reference crime/comedy to the extreme), Person of Interest (its basically real-er batman), and of course mother fucking ADVENTURE TIME

and of course there are various mindless comedy shows that are awesome

Who doesn't need therapy? I'm a fucking mess. Boooring.

Those who DON'T think they need therapy probably need it the most

Daily Deal

Garry's Mod - $9.99 $2.49

Pretty common (and lowest) price, but if you've not experienced it, get it!

I don't like having a sig, but for CAG, I figured I'd sheep along.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
http://gamercard.xbo...een/ChefJesusX5 eebeta-badge-small.png
GAP - Since 2003
CAG - Lurked well before current join date

#5958 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:11 PM

I haven't watched TV in 8+ years but I f--- with shows on Netflix occasionally.

It turned out that commercials aired during Family Matters were contaminating my gray matter. A clean break from TV shed the avarice induced by the snake-oil that was shoved in my face like smelling salts after a cognac bender. Gradually the pressure to maintain a certain status and collect silly shit slithered away in the direction of your grandma's weed-greenhouse.

Fun Fact: Did you know that some King Cobras can growl in addition to hissing?

It's gut wrenching for me to watch the white middle-class take center stage on ABC and Disney and many others. Those cornballs may be the most swagless, most naive people to ever live (in la-la land).

Note: I'm white.

MARS

#5959 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

I haven't watched TV in 8+ years but I f--- with shows on Netflix occasionally.

Netflix is TV...

163177.pngfs_pc.png
GAP - Since 2003

#5960 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

I forgot, thanks for the recommend!  (Yes, I'm making a note of it ;))

True, I was thinking Faked Death too, but with how difficult to get away with, I figured it'd be too hard of an achievement to add.  I hate when there is crap like, shit like "Beat <insert various Cave shooter> without getting hit"

And my god, what is wrong with you?!  How can you expect to rot your mind with video games alone?!  You need the mindless TV, its lazy to a factor of 10.

That said, for current shows, I'd recommend Falling Skies (surprising good most of the time), Sons of Anarchy (i skipped this for 3 seasons before giving in and watching, big mistake to have waited), Psych (my god 80s reference crime/comedy to the extreme), Person of Interest (its basically real-er batman), and of course mother fucking ADVENTURE TIME

and of course there are various mindless comedy shows that are awesome

Flawless Victory!

2011_12_01_Flawless_Victory.png

Thanks for the TV recommends.

TV & video games are totally different.  TV is very passive.  Videogames are very active and often have problem-solving.  They are are good training to kill reflex training. ;)

I've tried and didn't care too much for Big Bang Theory and The Office (American Patriot Edition).  I'm really quite partial to British Comedy.

#5961 Fatality

Fatality

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:22 PM

Homeland is awesome also

#5962 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:24 PM

Netflix is TV...

Does Netflix have commercials? Does Netflix cost an arm and some head? Does Netflix suck balls?

Serious question: Is a DVR or its equivalent affordable these days? Waiting for something to start would make me want to rip someone's hair out.

MARS

#5963 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:26 PM

Netflix is TV...

Yes and no, it depends on how one uses it and what distinction one is trying to draw.  I've known far too many people who simply flop down in front of the TV and watch whatever is on.  That disgusts me.

If one turns it on just for a particular show and then turns it off, it is selective.  You like and want to watch a particular show/TV... a deliberate and measured choice.  I like that.

I've never had Netflix but I'd be inclined to belive that people who just watch Netflix are more discerning and thus can claim to separate themselves from from the TV-watching-zombie-masses.

#5964 Foxhack

Foxhack

Bad at math

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:34 PM

So, anyone have a spare Sonic pack from yesterday? Just a friendly reminder that I'm trying to get one. :P

I haven't watched much TV in a long time either, these days I just watch my DVD backlog instead.

foxhack.jpg

#5965 awestover89

awestover89

So Much Backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:40 PM

Yes and no, it depends on how one uses it and what distinction one is trying to draw.  I've known far too many people who simply flop down in front of the TV and watch whatever is on.  That disgusts me.

If one turns it on just for a particular show and then turns it off, it is selective.  You like and want to watch a particular show/TV... a deliberate and measured choice.  I like that.

I've never had Netflix but I'd be inclined to belive that people who just watch Netflix are more discerning and thus can claim to separate themselves from from the TV-watching-zombie-masses.

I treat the two completely differently. I watch Netflix when I want to watch something specific. TV, I normally have on as background noise, usually an NCIS, Criminal Minds, or Bones marathon. Although there are some shows that I actively seek out when new episodes are on. (Futurama, Game of Thrones are the only two right now)

#5966 ezelkow1

ezelkow1

CAG in Limbo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:42 PM

Does Netflix have commercials? Does Netflix cost an arm and some head? Does Netflix suck balls?

Serious question: Is a DVR or its equivalent affordable these days? Waiting for something to start would make me want to rip someone's hair out.

Tv doesnt have commercials either if you have a dvr.  Price I cant comment on since I get it all for free anyway (perk of my job, and being an engineering beta tester)

I think dish gives out free dvr's now, but it has a monthly fee of like 7-10$ or something like that.  Not sure about other companies, I figure they all have either some sort of upfront dvr cost or a monthly cost that probably comes out in a wash across all of them, I assume comcast has both cause they are like that

#5967 Chemosh013

Chemosh013

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:45 PM

So, anyone have a spare Sonic pack from yesterday? Just a friendly reminder that I'm trying to get one. :P

Same here. Would love to get in on a 4 pack for this.

ach.png

#5968 darksurtur

darksurtur

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:50 PM

I was curious so I tested these achievements out quickly. They all appear to be broken (Twitter/Facebook one, plus turning on the movie and fast forwarding to the end).

I can vouch for this - that's the exact same controller I use and it rocks!  And like Idiotekque said, you can connect up to 4 controllers to 1 PC if you have some extra Xbox 360 wireless controllers laying around.

So I saw they added achievements to Indie Game: The Movie

• Feature Complete - Watch Indie Game: The Movie.
  • Extra Lives - Watch all the Indie Game: The Movie extras.

• Nice to Meat You - Listen to Team Meat's Indie Game: The Movie commentary track.

• Teh Internets - Press the Twitter or Facebook buttons on the Indie Game: The Movie extras menu.

• Bonus Levels - Watch all the Indie Game: The Movie Special Edition segments.

#5969 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:50 PM

Well, I just got another booster pack, this time for Defender's Quest. 

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#5970 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

I forgot, thanks for the recommend!  (Yes, I'm making a note of it ;))

Flawless Victory!

2011_12_01_Flawless_Victory.png

Thanks for the TV recommends.

TV & video games are totally different.  TV is very passive.  Videogames are very active and often have problem-solving.  They are are good training to kill reflex training. ;)

I've tried and didn't care too much for Big Bang Theory and The Office (American Patriot Edition).  I'm really quite partial to British Comedy.

Well in terms of those mindless comedies (big bang has its moments, but those moments amount to 5% overall good and the office just ended, so it doesn't count, but it stopped being worthwhile years ago), I'd have to say the current better of those types (comedy tv is a different breed of tv) would be...Wilfred (not watched original aussie version, but us is pretty damn funny at times, albeit a bit gross), How I Met Your Mother (I don't care what they say, and its got just a season left anyways, but i could watch nph endlessly without boredom), It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (first season was best, they added danny devito, made no sense for a while, became awesome again, now its kinda slipping, but still enjoyable), Archer (who doesn't love anything voiced by H. Jon Benjamin?), Bob's Burgers (see Archer rationale, and of course see watch a season of Archer first, in order to get past how ugly everyone looks, I typically have to keep thinking about how awesome Archer in order to watch it for the funny is contains), The IT Crowd (technically has been over for years, but there is still talks of a special, its a great BRITISH comedy about the perils of working in IT), Raising Hope (basically the sequel/continuation of My Name is Earl style tv...and kinda an actual sequel too), and of course who could ignore good ole' Arrested Development (if I have to say anything about this, you live a sad life)

Commercials does not make TV, watching episodic programs of any kind is tv!  I really get sick of people who claims "I'm special, I don't watch TV, I watch Netflix or some other steaming service".  Netflix is as much NOT TV as Cable and Satellite are NOT TV.  Technically, real TV is broadcast and free.  Cable and Satellite were/are conceptual exactly the same as Netflix: Offer premium programming with no commercials via  a different medium for a nominal fee.  Eventually Cable/Satellite got commercials, so too will Netflix, and then what?  Will it still not be TV?

Ya, thats my point.  Netflix can be used to net the same activity as TV, as can TV net the same activity as Netflix.  I can just decide to watch a specific show on TV, skip commercials (assuming I DVRed it), and bam, Netflix.

Yours and my points can be proven pretty clearly by a friend of mine's family, they only have Netflix, but watch it like Cable.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
GAP - Since 2003