Photo
* * * * - 31 votes

The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Backlog on my backlog Pokemanz Spoder sense 2deep4me Summer Seal Trading Cardz

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13023 replies to this topic

#1981 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:53 AM

I've done numerous games all at level 10 and only got one foil. TF2,HL2,L4D2,Portal2,ReallyBigSky,BL2,CS:GO. Cards all sold for .50-1.50. One foil netted ~10$. Not the best odds on foils for me. I wouldn't buy a game hoping for foils.

#1982 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:56 AM

I think the card talk needs to be taken to another thread. This is getting silly.

Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#1983 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:56 AM

It rubs the shift key on its skin, else it gets the hose again.

WBWJT-STBXC-9K6T3-3BJJJ-CHW5W

All this silly Steam the TCG has buried the real issue of *outrage* today... the CAG favicon changed from the old "CAG" one to Cheapy's severed head.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#1984 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:01 AM

I think the card talk needs to be taken to another thread. This is getting silly.

vido game is srs bsns

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#1985 anycolourfloyd

anycolourfloyd

i just read the last couple of pages and have literally no idea what anybody is talking about. sweet.

l0l. i just post very rarely.

#1986 melted77

melted77

anyone got the start options to run TF2 in the background with no gui?  Guess its time I try to level up to 10 so hopefully I can get lucky with foils next drops

Not sure if anyone answered but this is what I used:

-textmode -nosound -noipx -novid -nopreload -nojoy -sw -maxplayers 2 +sv_lan 1 +map "itemtest"

#1987 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:02 AM

Eh.. I consider some of the trading card discussion to be deal related. I mean, how is getting Triple Town free and profiting off of it NOT a deal? Same applied to Cubemen 2

#1988 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:28 AM

I am now motivated to talk about cards even more.

#1989 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:29 AM

This thread convinced me to ride the Triple Town Train to cash-ville.

Ok, not really.  But I've gotten three cards and sold them for around $3.50 total so far.  With three cards yet to go, this looks like it'll be a free game even if I don't luck into a foil or anything.

Backlog Alphabet: Working my backlog A to Z [Blog Updated on Jan 28 - New Final Entry, Now With The Letter Z!]

#1990 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:31 AM

Double down with Triple Town.

#1991 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:32 AM

My experience was no foils in TT.  6 cards.  I might get $6 out of them when they sell.  Maybe less.  Price is falling. So essentially I converted Amazon credit to Steam Wallet and got a free game out of it.  Not the worst thing in the world, but not that great either.  Prices on cares are falling quickly.

The price for my care never falls.

Yeah, but the price for Drabelincoln's care kept falling to undercut mine. Finally undercut him and sold off my last card.  I think I made a $1 over what I paid for it and free game. 

ha was i undercutting you?

i dont even look i just undercut whoever 

just trying to recoup my money back on this retarded shit now

I made my money back, but now I'm fighting JShackles in a race to the bottom for Monster Loves You cards. 

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#1992 The Sifu

The Sifu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:35 AM

Alienware Arena's giving away Steam coupons, good for 50% off Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition, here:

https://na.alienware...dition-on-steam

Valid through the end of the year, although the last coupon didn't seem to stack with the DOTD sale price.

Also, for anyone trying the Marvel Heroes game, they're giving away an Iron Man Costume here:

http://www.alienware...me-key-giveaway

To use this one, you have to have Iron Man (not free), but you might be able to trade this with somebody else.

Posted Image

#1993 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:41 AM

Was Monster Loves You in any bundle?  It actually looks like a pretty cool game.

#1994 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:55 AM

anyone got the start options to run TF2 in the background with no gui?  Guess its time I try to level up to 10 so hopefully I can get lucky with foils next drops

Not sure if anyone answered but this is what I used:

-textmode -nosound -noipx -novid -nopreload -nojoy -sw -maxplayers 2 +sv_lan 1 +map "itemtest"

Steam Achievement Manager runs every game with achievements without a GUI. Download it, run it, and idle on all of your games without having to install them. Almost all of my card drops were through this.

Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#1995 SunDevil77

SunDevil77

Host With the Most

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:04 AM

How long will RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 be on sale?

#1996 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:10 AM

How Fuck ing typical... I sell all my TT cards for ~$1ea, and they're worth ~$1-4ea 4 hours later. :headache:

How long will RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 be on sale?

13h 49m 20s (ish.)
Selling Steam key: Pixeljunk Eden (Cards) $0.70
I'm also taking reservations for my Indie Gala August group buy! Please PM me if you're interested. :)

#1997 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:13 AM

Not quite. I've only managed to sell 2 of my 6, the rest are just rotting on the marketplace even at minimum prices. I hope I can at least break even on this.

76561197996844513.png

#1998 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:14 AM

N5gauQE.jpg

#1999 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:15 AM

Yeah they sell slowly.  I got less since I'm highly impatient but if you wait it out you'll definitely get $2+ profit.

#2000 Detruire

Detruire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:16 AM

Not quite. I've only managed to sell 2 of my 6, the rest are just rotting on the marketplace even at minimum prices. I hope I can at least break even on this.

If you're replying to me: I sold mine ~12 hours ago, and according to the market graph a few of the cards I received sold for $3-4 ~8hr ago. :-(

I'm also taking reservations for my Indie Gala August group buy! Please PM me if you're interested. :)

#2001 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:17 AM

Monster Loves You wasn't in any bundle and while my cards are technically worth a decent amount, they haven't sold yet.  I played through the game once.  It's like a choose your own adventure book, but fancier. 

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#2002 io

io

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:20 AM

Damn, I might just have to make my first "big" purchase on Steam for Civ V.  I should probably download the free-play copy to see how well it runs on my laptop first though.  Or I could just buy it anyway since I anticipate building a gaming PC this summer (especially with the Xbox One BS).

I honestly have no idea what my laptop is capable of but it is pretty new: 2.4 GHz i7-3630QM, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GT 635M.  I can't make heads or tails of how to compare that to the "min" or "recommended" system specs on the Steam info page.  Well, I know the RAM is good, and probably the processor - but I have no clue on the video card.  Anyone know off the top of their head if it would run decently on that system?  Last time I was really into PC gaming (mid-90's) it was a hell of a lot easier to compare specs :lol:.

#2003 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:21 AM

Civ 5 will run on four+ year old hardware (I've run it on a Core II Duo with an Nvidia 9500 GT 512 MB graphics card).  Not with all the graphical bells and whistles but it's a strategy game so super AA and shadows aren't huge priorities.  It will definitely run on that laptop.

#2004 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:23 AM

It'll run fine with those specs. The graphical options give you a pretty big range on performance.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#2005 Detruire

Detruire

• CAGiversary!

Damn, I might just have to make my first "big" purchase on Steam for Civ V.

Get it from GMG (assuming you don't have the base game already.) Same base price, but there's a 20% off coupon: GMG20-JLKSA-7A8HA

#2006 io

io

Civ 5 will run on four+ year old hardware.  Not with all the graphical bells and whistles but it's a strategy game so super AA and shadows aren't huge priorities.  It will definitely run on that laptop.

Cool, thanks - I figured.  And like I said, I can buy it anyway and even if it doesn't work now it will later on my gaming PC.  But I sort of want this for my laptop for when I travel so it would be great if it plays nice on there.

Detruire - Thanks for the tip.  I was going to go with Amazon since I have credit to burn there but might look into that.

#2007 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:24 AM

CanIrunit or whatever is usually pretty accurate even with laptops and laptop gpus.  DLing the F2P during the weekend would work even better, but it should run fine as long as you aren't looking to max everything out. 

#2008 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:27 AM

If you're replying to me: I sold mine ~12 hours ago, and according to the market graph a few of the cards I received sold for $3-4 ~8hr ago. :-(

Ah I see. Well anyway, I spoke too soon, just broke even after selling the fourth card. The game is pretty fun I guess but now I want it on my tablet.

76561197996844513.png

#2009 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:28 AM

As a general rule of thumb if you've bought a new system within the last year or two (and it isn't just some office station/bare bones system without some kind of dedicated GPU) it'll run every game out there save maybe half a dozen.  You just have to skip on some graphics options, lower resolutions, etc.

#2010 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:32 AM

Well I just broke even with 2 cards left to sell, Ninja Bear and Tombstone. Oddly enough, all my cards sold to the same guy, so here's hoping he comes back to finish the set :bouncy: So what are my chances of breaking even again with Cubemen 2?

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?