Photo
* * * * - 31 votes

The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Backlog on my backlog Pokemanz Spoder sense 2deep4me Summer Seal Trading Cardz

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13023 replies to this topic

#2011 pepsiguy_2

pepsiguy_2

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:34 AM

anyone got the start options to run TF2 in the background with no gui?  Guess its time I try to level up to 10 so hopefully I can get lucky with foils next drops

Not sure if anyone answered but this is what I used:

-textmode -nosound -noipx -novid -nopreload -nojoy -sw -maxplayers 2 +sv_lan 1 +map "itemtest"

Steam Achievement Manager runs every game with achievements without a GUI. Download it, run it, and idle on all of your games without having to install them. Almost all of my card drops were through this.

I don't wanna risk getting banned >_>

Regardless, still trying to get Triple Town. If Amazon didn't charge tax, I'd probably have ti right now.

TheOnlyAlexLynch.png

#2012 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

was about to ask anyone else if steam was down and it came back. lol

love the new theme for the site, guess my old eyes prefer dark backgrounds.

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#2013 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

As a general rule of thumb if you've bought a new system within the last year or two (and it isn't just some office station/bare bones system without some kind of dedicated GPU) it'll run every game out there save maybe half a dozen.  You just have to skip on some graphics options, lower resolutions, etc.

Unless you game in a window, I wouldn't consider running a non-native resolution as adequate.
Selling Steam key: Race The Sun $1.10 (Cards) & Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine $1.10 (Cards) (Or both for $2.)
I'm also selling Indie Gala August bundles! Please PM me if you're interested. :)

#2014 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

@Squirrel: How much did you spend on Cubemen 2? I got it for $1.25 and made $2ish on the cards.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#2015 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:35 AM

Well I just broke even with 2 cards left to sell, Ninja Bear and Tombstone. Oddly enough, all my cards sold to the same guy, so here's hoping he comes back to finish the set :bouncy: So what are my chances of breaking even again with Cubemen 2?

If you get Cubemen 2 for 1.25 you should definitely break even. 

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#2016 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:38 AM

I think the card talk needs to be taken to another thread. This is getting silly.

I Agree.

There isn't enough room for card discussion and a 27 year-old Andy Rooney doppelganger in the same thread.

Did you ever notice that?

MARS

#2017 xanchui

xanchui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:40 AM

I got the 2pack of Cubemen 2 for $2.50 and made $5.05 off the cards. =)

76561198013594274.png

#2018 xRaizen

xRaizen

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:41 AM

I missed out on the Dungeon Siege Bundle earlier this week. Darn. 

Anyone know if its going to be on the Summer Sale? I've been wanting to play the DS series for awhile now..

#2019 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:46 AM

I've been wanting to play the DS series for awhile now..

Dark Souls, Dead Space, Nintendo DS, or Dungeon Siege? Perhaps you want to play multiple DS series.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#2020 xRaizen

xRaizen

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:48 AM

I've been wanting to play the DS series for awhile now..

Dark Souls, Dead Space, Nintendo DS, or Dungeon Siege? Perhaps you want to play multiple DS series.

Well I did say "Dungeon Siege" earlier in the same post so.. lol.

#2021 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:50 AM

As a general rule of thumb if you've bought a new system within the last year or two (and it isn't just some office station/bare bones system without some kind of dedicated GPU) it'll run every game out there save maybe half a dozen.  You just have to skip on some graphics options, lower resolutions, etc.

Unless you game in a window, I wouldn't consider running a non-native resolution as adequate.

Solution: Get a smaller monitor~

#2022 Detruire

Detruire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:52 AM

Solution: Get a smaller monitor~

:rofl:

Selling Steam key: Race The Sun $1.10 (Cards) & Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine $1.10 (Cards) (Or both for $2.)
I'm also selling Indie Gala August bundles! Please PM me if you're interested. :)

#2023 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:54 AM

Only half-kidding.  I play on a 21" monitor -- probably sacrilege to a lot of people here.

#2024 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:55 AM

Well I just broke even with 2 cards left to sell, Ninja Bear and Tombstone. Oddly enough, all my cards sold to the same guy, so here's hoping he comes back to finish the set :bouncy: So what are my chances of breaking even again with Cubemen 2?

Where are you getting that price? I haven't got 1 so it is only 50% off for me ($4). Doesn't sound like it's as sure a bet, and as I don't have any interest in the game I will probably sit that one out. As a plus I just sold another card, bringing me over $1.50 profit \\:D/

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#2025 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:57 AM

I missed out on the Dungeon Siege Bundle earlier this week. Darn. 

Anyone know if its going to be on the Summer Sale? I've been wanting to play the DS series for awhile now..

No one can say for sure but it's pretty likely. It's shown up in every major sale since release so it'd be pretty weird for it not to show up in the Summer Sale.

I did pick it up in the sale this week but it is worth noting, DS 1 & 2 are both missing their expansion packs and are lacking multiplayer compatability, though it can apparently be restored through some fiddly 3rd-party methods. Kinda sucks, but the games aren't available digitally anywhere else.

76561197996844513.png

#2026 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:58 AM

Where are you getting that price? I haven't got 1 so it is only 50% off for me ($4). Doesn't sound like it's as sure a bet, and as I don't have any interest in the game I will probably sit that one out. As a plus I just sold another card, bringing me over $1.50 profit \\:D/

If you can find someone who owns 1 they can get a two pack for $2.50.  In fact I recall someone in the trade thread trying to sell a copy off earlier today.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#2027 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:03 AM

Or I could just buy it anyway 

That's good enough reason around here

76561197971332172.png

#2028 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:06 AM

anyone got the start options to run TF2 in the background with no gui?  Guess its time I try to level up to 10 so hopefully I can get lucky with foils next drops

Not sure if anyone answered but this is what I used:

-textmode -nosound -noipx -novid -nopreload -nojoy -sw -maxplayers 2 +sv_lan 1 +map "itemtest"

Steam Achievement Manager runs every game with achievements without a GUI. Download it, run it, and idle on all of your games without having to install them. Almost all of my card drops were through this.

I don't wanna risk getting banned >_>

Regardless, still trying to get Triple Town. If Amazon didn't charge tax, I'd probably have ti right now.

:( I've never personally heard of anyone getting banned for using it. And there is no way to track that you used SAM unless you unlock all of the achievements and close it, which is just a stupid thing to do anyway. It just sends the appcode to the Steam server signifying that you are playing the game otherwise. If I want to get cards for bigger games, I have to do this; my internet connection speed is like 2mbps.

Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#2029 Detruire

Detruire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:09 AM

If I want to get cards for bigger games, I have to do this; my internet connection speed is like 2mbps.

I assume that you mean 2Mbps (and not 2MBps.)

#2030 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:14 AM

Only half-kidding.  I play on a 21" monitor -- probably sacrilege to a lot of people here.

what's wrong with playing on a big monitor? I play on a 24" myself, never had problems with it

T9rTk6Q.gif

#2031 Detruire

Detruire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:24 AM

what's wrong with playing on a big monitor? I play on a 24" myself, never had problems with it

21" isn't a big monitor, and such a size typically means a resolution under 1680x1050.

#2032 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:40 AM

Anybody know how to put somebody on your ignore list? I can't see any option to do so after the new update.

I think I've just about had enough of Idiot's Avatar.

#2033 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:42 AM

Anybody know how to put somebody on your ignore list? I can't see any option to do so after the new update.

try this: http://www.cheapassg...ea=ignoredusers

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#2034 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:46 AM

try this: http://www.cheapassg...ea=ignoredusers

Thanks man. Somebody tell me when he changes that because I don't like having people on my ignore list. Even Idiot.

#2035 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:52 AM

Just Adblock it :idea:

Backlog Alphabet: Working my backlog A to Z [Blog Updated on Jan 28 - New Final Entry, Now With The Letter Z!]

#2036 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:56 AM

Doh!!!

Didn't think of that. lol

#2037 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:59 AM

I feel stupid for not realizing this sooner. Thank you for letting me continue being a pansy :razz:

#2038 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:11 AM

Yeah. Don't find the pic offensive, but it triggers my goosebump/phobia reaction.

#2039 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:14 AM

This card system is a good incentive for developers. I mean, seriously, how many sales of Triple Town have been made just for the card people? I was planning to get the game in the summer sale, but now I got it earlier. I'm sure the dev is raking it in.

#2040 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:23 AM

Yeah. Don't find the pic offensive, but it triggers my goosebump/phobia reaction.

mission-accomplished.jpg

bZ2g3eF.png