Photo
* * * * - 31 votes

The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Backlog on my backlog Pokemanz Spoder sense 2deep4me Summer Seal Trading Cardz

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13023 replies to this topic

#2041 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:28 AM

@the end I just make a custom ad block filter for avatar/Sig images I don't want to see Edit: reading skill failure. ...ninja'd

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#2042 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:37 AM

Yeah. Don't find the pic offensive, but it triggers my goosebump/phobia reaction.

It looks like it's part of some anti-domestic violence ad.
I'm hosting an Indie Gala July Madness group buy - PM me if you'd like to reserve a slot. :)
> Also selling a Steam copy of Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe ($4.98), and Indie Gala Monday 15 ($1.50) bundles.

#2043 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:38 AM

Yeah. Don't find the pic offensive, but it triggers my goosebump/phobia reaction.

TBH I didn't realize it was all tounges until he posted that big picture.

#2044 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:40 AM

LOL, mods deleted my post? There's not even anything wrong with it, it's just moderately creepy.

Fuckin' totalitarian bastards!

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#2045 Detruire

Detruire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:41 AM

TBH I didn't realize it was all tounges until he posted that big picture.

Exactly my point. :)
I'm hosting an Indie Gala July Madness group buy - PM me if you'd like to reserve a slot. :)
> Also selling a Steam copy of Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe ($4.98), and Indie Gala Monday 15 ($1.50) bundles.

#2046 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:41 AM

This card system is a good incentive for developers. I mean, seriously, how many sales of Triple Town have been made just for the card people? I was planning to get the game in the summer sale, but now I got it earlier. I'm sure the dev is raking it in.

It's a win-win situation. We get a free game, and the dev gets a lot of sales ;)

#2047 MHC

MHC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:48 AM

As a general rule of thumb if you've bought a new system within the last year or two (and it isn't just some office station/bare bones system without some kind of dedicated GPU) it'll run every game out there save maybe half a dozen.  You just have to skip on some graphics options, lower resolutions, etc.

And if you've got the technical knowledge to replace a video card you can keep going for quite a while. I've been using roughly the same system (4 gigs of RAM and an E6850 CPU) for 5-6 years now and just dropping in "New" video cards every couple years at around $100 a pop. Currently using a 560TI, and I can run most everything on high/highest settings (Usually only do 2X AA though) at 1920X1080.

Been getting a bit of an itch to do a full upgrade but I really have a hard time justifying it when most of what I play doesn't really need it. About the only thing I can think of that it would really benefit would be Skyrim if I wanted to add giant texture mods, and that's mainly only more RAM I'd need. As it is I can run it great on ultra with the Bethesda texture pack, and if I was so inclined (But I'm not, oh god I'm not) I could get away with running ENB. Computer just shits itself with community made texture overhauls and starts having to buffer to the hard drive.

I guess a faster CPU would also help if I wanted to dick with recording gameplay video, but eh.

#2048 pepsiguy_2

pepsiguy_2

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:08 AM

^What's your PSU?

TheOnlyAlexLynch.png

#2049 io

io

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:10 AM

LOL, mods deleted my post? There's not even anything wrong with it, it's just moderately creepy.

Fuckin' totalitarian bastards!

It weren't the mods - it was the big guy himself.  So take it up with him if you want.

And I just decided to go ahead and download the trial for Civ 5 while I do some of my programming work.  I think I'm also still downloading Deus Ex on my PS3 (almost 10GB there) so things are going kind of slow.  And probably two of my kids are watching Netflix on different devices too...

#2050 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:11 AM

It weren't the mods - it was the big guy himself.  So take it up with him if you want.

I'm honored.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#2051 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:25 AM

Well, I'm happy that CAG 3.0 is now working with tapatalk... apparently all the CAG-notifications become android-notification  :spam:

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#2052 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:03 AM

So I idled on all my games for 2 hours for the first time and got 20 cards. I sold 14 in 10 minutes simply by low-balling the average by 2 cents. :D Guess I'm getting Civ V. Is the not-so-complete "Gold" Edition worth $5?

#2053 MHC

MHC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:28 AM

^What's your PSU?

650 watt. http://www.newegg.co...N82E16817207007

Power supply hasn't lasted that whole time though. I've gone through one, maybe two (Pretty sure two) in this time. Power supplies spectacularly popping is my most common computer issue, followed by video cards giving me guff (Had two ATI cards crap out on me in a row before this CPU and then I started using Nvidia. Out of the three Nvidia cards I've owned since the switch (8800GS, 250GS, and 560TI) the 8800GS is still running strong and is in my HTPC, the 250GS technically works but appears to be dying since it has some weird issues, and the 560's running strong) and most recently had my C: drive die hard. Gave me the kick in the ass I needed to buy a SSD though, which has been nice.

So I idled on all my games for 2 hours for the first time and got 20 cards. I sold 14 in 10 minutes simply by low-balling the average by 2 cents. :D Guess I'm getting Civ V. Is the not-so-complete "Gold" Edition worth $5?

It depends entirely on how much you value additional civs in a Civilization game, and if you're interested in grabbing Brave New World or not. Brave New World is going to add the gameplay systems (Espionage, religion, expanded diplomacy, etc) that were added in Gods and Kings but not any of the scenarios or the civs. So if you don't have a burning desire for the additional civs but want the most "Content complete" form, base Civ 5 with Brave New World would get you the major gameplay additions.

Honestly for $5 though I'd say go for it. You'd also be getting a better (Currently the best) version of Civ 5 to gauge your interest in buying Brave New World. And even if you skip BNW entirely, Civ 5 with GAK is a fair chunk better than vanilla Civ 5. And on top of that, tons and tons of civs to play against/as.

#2054 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:36 AM

I wouldn't strongly recommend any Civ V DLCs besides G&K (and Brave New World, once it gets cheaper). They aren't adding much beyond new civilizations, but the Steam Workshop is FULL of civilizations free for download. They aren't animated like the civs in the game or DLCs, but they have different strengths and weaknesses and whatnot just the same.

G&K is worthwhile because it adds gameplay elements. It changes the game and adds more depth (the religion system, mostly, which adds new perks and strategies to gameplay). The other DLCs (besides BNW) aren't adding anything that you can't just download off the Steam Workshop, more or less. There are even mods that add some amazing changes to the game (like corporations, which add a lot to the modern eras of gameplay).

It REALLY should be noted though, that many, many mods on the workshop REQUIRE G&K to work in your game. A lot of time they have non-G&K versions for download too, but not always.

All that said, if you're a fan of the Civ games or a fan of the genre, I'm sure you'll enjoy the base game too. If you're a hardcore Civ IV fan, though, you'll probably be picking Civ V apart if it's missing G&K.

bZ2g3eF.png

#2055 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:40 AM

Sold all three of my Sanctum 2 cards.  Factoring the card sales along with hosting the preorder 4-pack and getting a little extra in tips from that, Sanctum 2 with the preorder bonuses now cost me approximately $3.75.  I'm extremely pleased.  Thanks for the card beta, Steam!

Also drew my first foil from Cubemen 2, though it's yet to sell.  I'm one of 6 on the market, and we keep jockeying for position.

Decided to go ahead and buy Triple Town.  I'm feeling lucky.

#2056 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:41 AM

I've actually been wanting to play Triple Town for a while, but I'll wait the couple extra days for Amazon to get it in a bundle I'm interested in. The rest of the proposed bundles that included Triple Town look good, I don't have Amazon credit, and no reason to buy it twice. If the market bottoms out by then, so be it.

x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#2057 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:59 AM

I enjoy the badges enough to get them when it pleases me to do so...but the value of these cards seems so likely to plummet. Even crafting a badge seems like a waste of money. I imagine Steam will make it harder to get the cards to help maintain their values. Cards tied to actual achievements would make sense, to kill all us idlers.

#2058 theytookourjobz

theytookourjobz

We Gotta Go Back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:23 AM

I enjoy the badges enough to get them when it pleases me to do so...but the value of these cards seems so likely to plummet. Even crafting a badge seems like a waste of money. I imagine Steam will make it harder to get the cards to help maintain their values. Cards tied to actual achievements would make sense, to kill all us idlers.

Probably much harder to add than just playtime card drops and Valve said that it's too easy for people to use achievement unlockers.

ach.png

#2059 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

Only half-kidding.  I play on a 21" monitor -- probably sacrilege to a lot of people here.

17" here. I brag all over town about how mine's smaller than everyone else's. The chicks dig it.

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#2060 Detruire

Detruire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:58 AM

Only half-kidding.  I play on a 21" monitor -- probably sacrilege to a lot of people here.

17" here. I brag all over town about how mine's smaller than everyone else's. The chicks dig it.

It's not the size (in) it's how you use it (px). ;)

#2061 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:00 PM

It's not the size (in) it's how you use it (px). ;)

I beg to differ. . . I have a native resolution of 1280x1024.

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#2062 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:33 PM

It's a win-win situation. We get a free game, and the dev gets a lot of sales ;)

I'm willing to help out the indie devs by buying any game I can get the Steam Community to subsidize at 170% of the purchase price.

Because I care.  I care that much.

Backlog Alphabet: Working my backlog A to Z [Blog Updated on Jan 28 - New Final Entry, Now With The Letter Z!]

#2063 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:40 PM

Love that. ^

#2064 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:45 PM

All I know is steam needs to keep up the trading cards. I'm about halfway to being able to pre-order Rome II for free. The best kind of deal.

#2065 iSerra

iSerra

With the new day comes new thoughts

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:14 PM

For those who managed to get a foil card, how much did you sold your foil card for after deducting the fee?

Tezikwi.png My sword sings more beautifully than any choir. Tezikwi.png

#2066 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:34 PM

I have a Triple Town foil I have unrealistically priced at $35 ($40 after Steam fees).  But there's only ever been two sold previously and mine is the only one on the market since last night.  Most of the other TT foils look to be in the $20-$30 range.

I looked and buying a full set of TT foils would cost you $251 right now.  What a way to impress your friends!

Backlog Alphabet: Working my backlog A to Z [Blog Updated on Jan 28 - New Final Entry, Now With The Letter Z!]

#2067 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:35 PM

For those who managed to get a foil card, how much did you sold your foil card for after deducting the fee?

I sold mine for $15 after fees. Might have been able to get more but I was more concerned with just getting it sold since triple town cards seem to take longer to sell.

#2068 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:43 PM

I have a Triple Town foil I have unrealistically priced at $35 ($40 after Steam fees).  But there's only ever been two sold previously and mine is the only one on the market since last night.  Most of the other TT foils look to be in the $20-$30 range.

I looked and buying a full set of TT foils would cost you $251 right now.  What a way to impress your friends!

Whoa! You got a foil at level 9?

Why did I bother trying to get my account up to level 10?

#2069 combatFlexo

combatFlexo

Who are those guys?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:47 PM

They just changed the foil drops minimum requirement of 10 on with Thursday update.

#2070 waabulo

waabulo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:49 PM

Idoit or somebody else, help all of us if you can;

looking at the most recent list of steam card games;

*bit trip runner 2

borderlands 2

counter strike GO

*cubemen 2

*don't starve