Photo
* * * * - 31 votes

The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Backlog on my backlog Pokemanz Spoder sense 2deep4me Summer Seal Trading Cardz

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13023 replies to this topic

#2071 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:55 PM

anybody know if the indie games are or were a part of a bundle

I know that there is a push with tiny town for the amazon bundle promor

just wondering

thank you

I believe the only one listed that was in a bundle was Really Big Sky - The Really Big Bundle and Indie Gala 4. Faerie Solitaire was given free for a period of time. 

76561197967716198.png

#2072 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:56 PM

There are only two games on the list that have ever been bundled. And I'm not really sure that one of them counts. I'm talking about Faerie Solitaire, which was part of a steam bundle during the 2010 holiday sale.

In my mind, only Really Big Sky counts as having been bundled. It was in the second Indie Royale bundle as well as Indie Gala 4.

#2073 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:56 PM

Fairie Solitarie was given away free on Steam for a while (promo for a FS2 announcement?  Greenlight thing?  Don't recall) so a lot of people own it but I don't think it's been part of an indie bundle.

Edit: Meant "indie bundle" as in off-Steam.  I trust The End's recollection that it was part of a bundle sold via Steam.

Backlog Alphabet: Working my backlog A to Z [Blog Updated on Jan 28 - New Final Entry, Now With The Letter Z!]

#2074 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

I am mad scientist, it so cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:57 PM

Idoit or somebody else, help all of us if you can;

looking at the most recent list of steam card games;

*bit trip runner 2

borderlands 2

counter strike GO

*cubemen 2

*don't starve

dota 2

*faerie solitaire

*go home dinosaurs

half life 2

left 4 dead 2

*monster loves you

portal 2

*really big sky

*sanctum 2

team fortress 2

*triple town

* = I believe these games are "indie"

anybody know if the indie games are or were a part of a bundle

I know that there is a push with tiny town for the amazon bundle promor

just wondering

thank you

I'd advise you check here:

http://indiegamebund...ame_Bundle_Wiki

I do know Really Big Sky was in an indie royale, and amazon is putting together some Triple Town bundles. Bit.Trip Runner 2 has been in a few Bit.Trip bundles (such as the music one), but it wasn't a huge discount (if any).

A chilled bottom is the root of all illness.

#2075 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:00 PM

We answered the hell out of that question.

#2076 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:01 PM

I have a Triple Town foil I have unrealistically priced at $35 ($40 after Steam fees).  But there's only ever been two sold previously and mine is the only one on the market since last night.  Most of the other TT foils look to be in the $20-$30 range.

I looked and buying a full set of TT foils would cost you $251 right now.  What a way to impress your friends!

MARS

#2077 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:03 PM

Daily deal is towns 50% at $7.49.

#2078 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

We answered the hell out of that question.

Yes, but most of you gave him a fish.  Only MrNinjaSquirrel taught him how to find pertinent information.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#2079 waabulo

waabulo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

thanks

I thought really big sky was part of an indie bundle and also the free faerie solitaire, but could not remember the others as more sites like groupees, indie gala, indie royale, bundle box, etc... proliferate the web

just thought having in one spot could help with current idea of steam cards,  funny how this project is also "tied" to experience level

#2080 glennfrank

glennfrank

My squeedily spooch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:09 PM

Hey guys, I have an odd question:

After reading the conversation about Don't Starve a couple days back I decided to give it a shot.  

I had actually won it 4 months ago on steam gifts and activated on steam fine.  

So I went looking for it on my games list and.. unfortunately, it disappeared sometime between then and now.

I am guessing that what I "won" was an exploited key (or something) and Steam revoked it?  Is it worth attempting to contact steam over it?  

IE: Any chance I will get it back?

#2081 IronChariot

IronChariot

CAG Deity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:12 PM

Hopefully Steam will have a 75% off (or more) AC franchise sale soon.

#2082 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:13 PM

I am guessing that what I "won" was an exploited key (or something) and Steam revoked it?  Is it worth attempting to contact steam over it?  

No chance. Don't bother asking them.

#2083 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:23 PM

Hey guys, I have an odd question:

After reading the conversation about Don't Starve a couple days back I decided to give it a shot.  

I had actually won it 4 months ago on steam gifts and activated on steam fine.  

So I went looking for it on my games list and.. unfortunately, it disappeared sometime between then and now.

Did you get a message about it being removed?

If not, it may just be a glitch.  Check the store page to see if it shows you owning it.  Also, check your account details to see if it actually was activated like you remember.

#2084 glennfrank

glennfrank

My squeedily spooch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:33 PM

I kinda figured as much, but was hoping for a different answer anyway lol :)

Hey guys, I have an odd question....

If not, it may just be a glitch.  Check the store page to see if it shows you owning it.  Also, check your account details to see if it actually was activated like you remember.

No, no notification of its removal and the Steam page lets me buy it if I want to.  It is not on my account details list either.  However, I do know that I activated it, because I did some re-organizing of my steam games and distinctly remember not knowing where to put that one a couple months back.

It's really not THAT big a deal to me, I can play tons of other games, it just makes me a little wary about this happening with something I do care about.

#2085 zenii

zenii

cynical sam

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:07 PM

No, no notification of its removal and the Steam page lets me buy it if I want to.  It is not on my account details list either.  However, I do know that I activated it, because I did some re-organizing of my steam games and distinctly remember not knowing where to put that one a couple months back.

It's really not THAT big a deal to me, I can play tons of other games, it just makes me a little wary about this happening with something I do care about.

Try going to https://store.steamp...ed.com/account/ and look at "Recent Steam Store Transactions. Should list every game you've activated on Steam.

#2086 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:14 PM

I kinda figured as much, but was hoping for a different answer anyway lol :)

Hey guys, I have an odd question....

The same thing happened to me with the game R.U.S.E back in mid-2011. There was a glitch on the Ubistore where everything went free for a couple hours. Some of the games, like RUSE, was a Steam key. It stayed on my account for about a month then mysteriously vanished one day. There was no trace at all of it, not even under my account transaction details. 

So my guess is that somehow, the key was acquired via some illicit means. Didn't a similar thing happen with Dead Island a year or so ago where a batches of keys got deactivated. 

76561197967716198.png

#2087 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:22 PM

Only half-kidding.  I play on a 21" monitor -- probably sacrilege to a lot of people here.

what's wrong with playing on a big monitor? I play on a 24" myself, never had problems with it

21" isn't a big monitor, and such a size typically means a resolution under 1680x1050.

Oh the humanity!

#2088 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:32 PM

Guess I'll get TT, I want to move some Amazon credit over to Steam in case there is some deal during the sale Amazon doesn't end up running as well.

fs_overall.png

#2089 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

You're all so smug and self-congratulatory in your ability to only partly remember when you've been able to pick up Really Big Sky cheap...

Really Big Sky was also on Indie Game Stand.

Apparently it wasn't worth $1 to then, but now all of a sudden you want it  :roll:

It's a fun and accessible shump.

Speaking of IGS... Dawnstar is $1 (Desura) for the next 8 hours... fly a spaceship, go pew-pew-pew.  I know some of you are all over that like infectious disease on dolla dolla bills.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Amazon $5 off w/EC List
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#2090 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:42 PM

I'll freely admit I had no interest in Really Big Sky, but hey, if it pays for itself and has a chance for a FOOOOOOOOOOOIIIILLLL then I'm all for it.  I'm now kicking myself for giving away 4 of the 5 keys (save Awesomenauts) from the HIB.  No good deed goes unpunished.

#2091 glennfrank

glennfrank

My squeedily spooch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:58 PM

Eh, I guess Don't Starve is gone for good - it's not on my activated list... just gone like it never existed.

So all this foil & card talk & adding to my steam wallet has finally won me over... I just joined the Steamgroup.  Hopefully I'll get an invite from steam fairly soon. 

#2092 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:03 PM

My foil Triple Town didn't sell over night, priced at $29.99 with a second seller at $35. When I woke up there was a new seller, so that makes 3 total. He was selling at 19.55 so I lowered mine to 19.49. Still no price history chart for this card. Not sure if I'll be able to get much for it, doesn't seem like anybody is buying this card.

#2093 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:04 PM

My final report on Monster Loves You:

Paid $9.99 for the game.  Sold my three cards off for $8.97.  Net cost for the game was $1.02.

I am happy with that though I did notice the cards took longest to sell and they number of cards on the market have doubled since yesterday.  It will likely be bundled eventually, but I was happy with the price.

The game itself is a fun interactive story book (played through once), but I would have preferred them have actual animations/pictures for all the scenarios.  In that sense the devs went cheap just to do text only on a lot of it. 

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#2094 pepsiguy_2

pepsiguy_2

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:10 PM

Okay guys, should I buy Saints Row: The Third for 10$ or not? I loved the game on 360 and it runs fairly well on my PC. I just instaleld it for free weekend, and the multiplayer was kinda horrendously laggy (Free weekend load, or is it always like that?) Should I buy it or not? because I won't be home when the sale ends.

thanks.

TheOnlyAlexLynch.png

#2095 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

I am mad scientist, it so cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:15 PM

Okay guys, should I buy Saints Row: The Third for 10$ or not? I loved the game on 360 and it runs fairly well on my PC. I just instaleld it for free weekend, and the multiplayer was kinda horrendously laggy (Free weekend load, or is it always like that?) Should I buy it or not? because I won't be home when the sale ends.

thanks.

it was in the Humble THQ bundle, so you might be able to find it cheaper in the trading thread. Can't really say if it's worth $10, as I haven't played it, but if you enjoyed it on 360 it's a solid deal. It could always be cheaper though, especially with the impending summer sale.

A chilled bottom is the root of all illness.

#2096 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:17 PM

Yeah, SRIII has been cheaper, but that was before it was bought by Deep Silver so we will not see those prices again.  If you love the game I think it's a fair price.  Not sure about the MP though. 

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#2097 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:19 PM

Double dipping is for ice cream cones.

#2098 pepsiguy_2

pepsiguy_2

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:19 PM

thanks.

it was in the Humble THQ bundle, so you might be able to find it cheaper in the trading thread. Can't really say if it's worth $10, as I haven't played it, but if you enjoyed it on 360 it's a solid deal. It could always be cheaper though, especially with the impending summer sale.

I've been looking but haven't found much. Thanks.

TheOnlyAlexLynch.png

#2099 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:49 PM

Eh, I guess Don't Starve is gone for good - it's not on my activated list... just gone like it never existed.

So all this foil & card talk & adding to my steam wallet has finally won me over... I just joined the Steamgroup. Hopefully I'll get an invite from steam fairly soon.

You could just buy a beta invite off the marketplace for pretty cheap. Cheapest is at $.10 right now.

#2100 waabulo

waabulo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:20 PM

most people selling are collecting cards?

is foil drop limited to a certain experience level?