Photo
* * * * - 31 votes

The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Backlog on my backlog Pokemanz Spoder sense 2deep4me Summer Seal Trading Cardz

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13023 replies to this topic

#2101 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:33 PM

Was playing Faerie Solitaire for the cards (Was buried in my backlog). I really enjoyed the game. The same with Really Big Sky... This "card system" is a good way to play a couple hours of those games you didn't even knew you had

76561198025176705.png

#2102 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:14 AM

most people selling are collecting cards?

is foil drop limited to a certain experience level?

Foil drops were previously limited to Steam Level of 10+.  That was removed a few days ago and now any level can have foils drop.

Backlog Alphabet: Working my backlog A to Z [Blog Updated on Jan 28 - New Final Entry, Now With The Letter Z!]

#2103 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:24 AM

Was playing Faerie Solitaire for the cards (Was buried in my backlog). I really enjoyed the game. The same with Really Big Sky... This "card system" is a good way to play a couple hours of those games you didn't even knew you had

So for those who have been playing FS, is it easy to learn? I've never actually played the card game solitaire.

fs_pc.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#2104 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:31 AM

How is that possible?  But, yes, it's easy, you just sort cards by ascending/descending order subject to a draw pile.  There are a few different twists but I doubt it would take more than five minutes to pick up.

#2105 theemadgamer

theemadgamer

SILENCE! I keel you!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:33 AM

So for those who have been playing FS, is it easy to learn? I've never actually played the card game solitaire.

It's super easy to learn, there is a built in tutorial and the few additonal strategy elements they've added are easy to learn.

It's really pretty enjoyable, you can play it straight, or focus on different goals, like long card runs or earning $$.  The side game of hatching eggs doesn't change the game play but is another goal to shoot for.

I'm surprised how enjoyable I've found it.

#2106 io

io

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:35 AM

Yeah, Civ 5 plays just fine on my laptop - sunk 2 hours into it early this morning ;).

My only complaint would be that the text is nearly unreadable but that seems to be a design choice and not due to any particular issue with graphics or settings.  Anyone else have that problem?

#2107 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:14 AM

Weird, I had my foil card listed at $17.22 but someone bought another one which was $17.24. I almost had it all. :-(

76561197996799113.png

#2108 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:46 AM

Weird, I had my foil card listed at $17.22 but someone bought another one which was $17.24. I almost had it all. :-(

The few cards I bought to make some badges I always skipped the lowest selling if they just undercut by a penny or two just to stick it to them :D

#2109 tfr

tfr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:54 AM

The few cards I bought to make some badges I always skipped the lowest selling if they just undercut by a penny or two just to stick it to them :D

May be the seller just put 2 cents above the lowest price to get people like you to buy. :lol:

#2110 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:09 AM

Yeah, Civ 5 plays just fine on my laptop - sunk 2 hours into it early this morning ;).

My only complaint would be that the text is nearly unreadable but that seems to be a design choice and not due to any particular issue with graphics or settings.  Anyone else have that problem?

I'm playing on my desktop and the text isn't hard to read. Maybe it just has to do with the size of the screen. I just sunk 3 hours in without realizing. This game is dangerous.

fs_overall.png

#2111 io

io

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:11 AM

I'm playing on my desktop and the text isn't hard to read. Maybe it just has to do with the size of the screen. I just sunk 3 hours in without realizing. This game is dangerous.

I'm playing on an external HD (1080p) monitor.  I'll see if I can screen cap it later. I can read it, but it is just annoyingly fuzzy.

Also, I just went ahead and bought the game (from Amazon since I had credit there) and Steam is now redownloading the whole thing.  I wasn't expecting it to do that.  Is it because I bought the gold version and the free trial one was the regular one?  I guess I just expected it to add pieces to it, though, and not redownload everything (taking 1-2 hours).  Hopefully my game save will work once all this is done.

#2112 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:21 AM

On the plus side, maybe now they'll need my card! :)

Backlog Alphabet: Working my backlog A to Z [Blog Updated on Jan 28 - New Final Entry, Now With The Letter Z!]

#2113 TurboNerd

TurboNerd

I'm looking for co-op buddies! PM me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:52 AM

I have Civ V but none of the DLC. If I buy Civ V gold what happens to the extra game? Seems like a waste but it's cheaper than buying all the DLC separately.

Also will Towns be cheaper during the Steam summer sale?

fs_pc.png fs_xbox.png
I'm looking for co-op buddies on XBOX Live and Steam! PM me!

#2114 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:56 AM

I have Civ V but none of the DLC. If I buy Civ V gold what happens to the extra game? Seems like a waste but it's cheaper than buying all the DLC separately.

Also will Towns be cheaper during the Steam summer sale?

You can upgrade your base copy of Civ5 to the Gold version for $5.

#2115 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:11 AM

Towns was one of the most disappointing games I've played in quite some time.  I really implore anyone seriously considering purchasing it to download the demo and ask yourself "Is this something I seriously want to pay money for?"

#2116 TurboNerd

TurboNerd

I'm looking for co-op buddies! PM me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:18 AM

How?

fs_pc.png fs_xbox.png
I'm looking for co-op buddies on XBOX Live and Steam! PM me!

#2117 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:23 AM

How?

"Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition Upgrade"

Selling Steam key: Race The Sun $1.10 (Cards) & Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine $1.10 (Cards) (Or both for $2.)
I'm also selling Indie Gala August bundles! Please PM me if you're interested. :)

#2118 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:29 AM

I actually had to buy the Civ Board Game. That's how I think of Civ. It's really dangerous.

Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#2119 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:32 AM

It's super easy to learn, there is a built in tutorial and the few additonal strategy elements they've added are easy to learn.

It's really pretty enjoyable, you can play it straight, or focus on different goals, like long card runs or earning $$.  The side game of hatching eggs doesn't change the game play but is another goal to shoot for.

I'm surprised how enjoyable I've found it.

Am I trippin' or did FS get a substantive update somewhere ~ the time today's oppressive newborns were conceived? I played it back in the future and it didn't have options like windowed mode, animations and other pro shit like that. It seems like the resolution and/or art has been enhanced also.

Lazy Americans: Google technique sucks, can't find a changelog. Was something altered?

MARS

#2120 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:40 AM

He was supposedly working on an HD version but I don't think it ever got released.

#2121 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:03 AM

I just sunk 3 hours in without realizing. This game is dangerous.

Civ 5 is too casual for me at this point in my sexual odyssey. It feels like an ARPstrateG and I want some stratagems and machinations and all that shit in my strategy experience.

MARS

#2122 DaiMonPaul

DaiMonPaul

On the Fringe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:13 AM

Civ 5 is too casual for me at this point in my sexual odyssey. It feels like an ARPstrateG and I want some stratagems and machinations and all that shit in my strategy experience.

Ever try any of the Paradox strategy games like Crusader Kings, Europa Universalis, Victoria, or Hearts of Iron?

Civ 5 is definitely dangerous... I've put in 71 hours, according to Steam, and it feels like I've just scratched the surface of it.  It's really, really addictive.

#2123 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:24 AM

Just got my first foil card, from Really Big Sky, but no sale yet.

#2124 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:09 AM

Eh, I guess Don't Starve is gone for good - it's not on my activated list... just gone like it never existed.

I'd go ahead and file a support ticket on this one.  I've not heard anything about this particular game having known exploited keys, so you could be dealing with a glitch rather than a deliberate removal.  It's worth filing a ticket to ask.

#2125 Miranda

Miranda

about.me/adnarim

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:16 AM

Eh, I guess Don't Starve is gone for good - it's not on my activated list... just gone like it never existed.

I'd go ahead and file a support ticket on this one.  I've not heard anything about this particular game having known exploited keys, so you could be dealing with a glitch rather than a deliberate removal.  It's worth filing a ticket to ask.

I'd submit a ticket too, Steam support might be more helpful in finding out why it disappeared than Klei's forums.

I remember reading on Klei's forums of it happening to someone else, but nobody who replied could help:

http://forums.kleien...nd-Don-t-Starve

#2126 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:30 AM

Ever try any of the Paradox strategy games like Crusader Kings, Europa Universalis, Victoria, or Hearts of Iron?

Civ 5 is definitely dangerous... I've put in 71 hours, according to Steam, and it feels like I've just scratched the surface of it.  It's really, really addictive.

Yeah, I've been easing into Paradox recently. I started with Sengoku but it's very unpolished and so are the modders' mods but bless their little modding hearts for trying. Gonna dig into EUIII and I was planning to anyway but the hardy 5.2 patch is astounding and it has my attention fur shizzle; I don't remember another instance of a dev team patching a 4 year-old game with a long list of legit improvements.

I'll start on Vicky II when I can nab the final expansion for a reasonable price, ditto for HOI.

Civ 5: 179 hours.

MARS

#2127 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:19 AM

Okay guys, should I buy Saints Row: The Third for 10$ or not? I loved the game on 360 and it runs fairly well on my PC. I just instaleld it for free weekend, and the multiplayer was kinda horrendously laggy (Free weekend load, or is it always like that?) Should I buy it or not? because I won't be home when the sale ends.

thanks.

Yeah, SRIII has been cheaper, but that was before it was bought by Deep Silver so we will not see those prices again.  If you love the game I think it's a fair price.  Not sure about the MP though. 

SR3 is easily worth $10. Like someone said, it's possible that you may find it cheaper on the trade thread, but that bundle was quite awhile ago, so you may not have any luck there.

As for the game, it's a wild, totally unrealistic TPS that I think is really accessible. My 8-year-old cousin picked it up and was a pro within an hour (I made sure he didn't play any of the whore bits, don't judge!). Many will tell you the past titles are better (more realistic, more to do, etc), but for what it is, SR3 is a blast. Seriously addicting, and it has a lot of laugh out loud moments. It doesn't take itself seriously, at all, and that's actually the best thing about it.

As for multiplayer, don't expect much more than single player + a buddy to tag along with. There are also co-op missions that are separate from the single player story which follow some semblance of a story of their own. They're fun. Multiplayer is nothing special, but yes, it's fun. The handful of times I've played with someone, I haven't experience any bad lag. Sure it wasn't your connection?

I've never actually played the card game solitaire.

S8DG350.jpg

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#2128 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:31 AM

Just got my first foil card, from Really Big Sky, but no sale yet.

Lucky!  I've got all my card drops from almost every game with cards and have yet to get a foil!

#2129 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:52 AM

Just a heads up, it doesn't seem like you can get Dota 2 card drops by using the Steam Achievement Manager. I used it to get my drops in HL2, Portal 2 and L4D2, but I've left it on Dota 2 for over 2 hours and there hasn't been a single drop. Not sure what the deal is...

#2130 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:55 AM

Just a heads up, it doesn't seem like you can get Dota 2 card drops by using the Steam Achievement Manager. I used it to get my drops in HL2, Portal 2 and L4D2, but I've left it on Dota 2 for over 2 hours and there hasn't been a single drop. Not sure what the deal is...

Are you getting drops with the game actually running? You had to have bought something off the marketplace for Dota 2 before the card beta to be eligible for drops, otherwise you get one card drop per $9 spent in the marketplace on that game.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png