Photo
* * * * * 17 votes

GameStop TIV/Promos Thread XX: Old thread, new thread in first/last post.

gamestop TIV trade-in value credit trades database

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2979 replies to this topic

#1 JP

JP

Member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

NEW THREAD LOCATED HERE: http://www.cheapassg...ards-come-back/

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. Second post has the values for games/hardware for Microsoft devices. Third post has the values for games/hardware for Nintendo consoles and the fourth post has the values for Nintendo handhelds. Fifth post has the values for games/hardware for Sony consoles and the sixth post has the values for Sony handhelds.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassg...log.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

WHEN POSTING VALUES:

Please try to follow the example below if possible. If you feel the need to use the system icons, please only use them once at and at the top of the list. Also always post the system it's for even if it's only on one system. I may not always know it.

5/13

Game1

Game2

Game3

PS3

Game1

Game2

Game3

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

50% extra credit on trade *WITH COUPON FROM RENEWING POWERUP PRO ONLY* (Ends 6/30, close of business)

Spoiler

30% extra credit towards select products. (Ends 7/14/13)

Spoiler

$3 extra on every game $2 and higher when trading in 3 or more (Ends 7/14/13)
Spoiler

Trade 2 eligible games get new game for $9.99 (Ends 7/14/13)
Spoiler

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!

Spoiler

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
Spoiler

Can I trade-in sealed games?
Spoiler

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
Spoiler

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
Spoiler

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
Spoiler

What are the refurb fees on games?
Spoiler

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
Spoiler

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
Spoiler

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Spoiler

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
Spoiler

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Spoiler

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Spoiler

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
Spoiler

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
Spoiler

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
Spoiler

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
Spoiler

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
Spoiler

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
Spoiler

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
Spoiler

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Spoiler

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Spoiler

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
Spoiler

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
Spoiler

If I buy a used copy of a game that requires an online pass for multiplayer, will it come with an online pass?
Spoiler

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Spoiler

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
Spoiler

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by JP, 01 July 2013 - 09:05 PM.

#2 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:09 PM

*DISCLAIMER* These prices and dates are supplied by the CAG community, and as such there aren't always regular updates on every title. The dates at the edge of each game give an idea of when it last received that amount. If the quote is older than 3 days, the likelihood is that the value went down. Not always the case but something to keep in mind. If there is no date by the game, it means it hasn't been traded in since io originally started the thread. These values are always just a way to give an idea of what to expect, not actual returns. There is no guarantee involved that these prices are 100% accurate.

Xbox 360 Hardware

Spoiler

Xbox 360 Games
Spoiler

Edited by JP, 01 July 2013 - 08:58 PM.

#3 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:09 PM

*DISCLAIMER* These prices and dates are supplied by the CAG community, and as such there aren't always regular updates on every title. The dates at the edge of each game give an idea of when it last received that amount. If the quote is older than 3 days, the likelihood is that the value went down. Not always the case but something to keep in mind. If there is no date by the game, it means it hasn't been traded in since io originally started the thread. These values are always just a way to give an idea of what to expect, not actual returns. There is no guarantee involved that these prices are 100% accurate.

Nintendo Wii U Hardware

Spoiler

Nintendo Wii U Games
Spoiler

Nintendo Wii Hardware
Spoiler

Nintendo Wii Games
Spoiler

Edited by JP, 01 July 2013 - 08:56 PM.

#4 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:11 PM

Nintendo 3DS Hardware

Spoiler

Nintendo 3DS Games
Spoiler

Nintendo DS Hardware
Spoiler

Nintendo DS Games
Spoiler

Edited by JP, 01 July 2013 - 08:54 PM.

#5 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:12 PM

Playstation 3 Hardware

Spoiler

Playstation 3 Games
Spoiler

Sony Playstation 2 Hardware *No longer accept as of June 1st, 2013*
Spoiler

Sony Playstation 2 Games *No longer accept as of June 1st, 2013*
Spoiler

Edited by JP, 01 July 2013 - 08:53 PM.

#6 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

Playstation Vita Hardware

Spoiler

Playstation Vita Games
Spoiler

Sony PSP Hardware
Spoiler

Sony PSP Games
Spoiler

Apple
http://www.gamestop....recommerce/web/

Android Tablets
http://www.gamestop....recommerce/web/

Edited by JP, 29 June 2013 - 12:26 AM.

#7 chelosera91

chelosera91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:17 PM

Thanks for the info
Posted Image

#8 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:32 PM

New thread smell.

#9 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:32 PM

I hate IE10 so much when it coems to this site, the rest of the cleanup will have to wait a few hours until I can get my own PC up on this.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#10 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:43 PM

So what are the maximum values to maximize the 3/5/7 trade, that is to make them better than a 50% or 30% promo or whatever?

#11 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Judoka on a CAG Hiatus due to new job

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:54 PM

So what are the maximum values to maximize the 3/5/7 trade, that is to make them better than a 50% or 30% promo or whatever?

With 3 / 5 /7 you get an extra $10 / $20 / $35

so break it down to an extra $3.33 / $4 / $5 per game

at 50% a $10 game gets $5 bonus and 30% its $3

same $10 game 3 / 5 is better than 30% whereas 7 is a tie with 50%

Basic math will get you your answers

Minimum base to qualify for 3 / 5/ 7 is $3 anything less is excluded from 3 / 5 /7

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#12 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:12 PM

Couple questions about the kindle cards - 1) does amazon do release date delivery for consoles? 2) does amazon usually do console launch promos for multiple game purchases or the purchase credit for single purchases?

#13 Lulgasms

Lulgasms

Resident Xbone hater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

When one renews PUR pro how do you receive that 50% bonus coupon?

#14 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

Couple questions about the kindle cards - 1) does amazon do release date delivery for consoles? 2) does amazon usually do console launch promos for multiple game purchases or the purchase credit for single purchases?

1. Nothing concrete yet if you are refering to PS4 and Infinity. Probably we will know more on this after E3 since Amazon's page says nothing on this for now.
2.1 Amazon usually does promo credit for preordering single games but I have yet to see them for new console games.
2.2 Too soon to tell but their could be a bundled deal for launch by retailers if not the publishers.

#15 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:46 PM

When one renews PUR pro how do you receive that 50% bonus coupon?

It will show up in your "Active Offers" along with your B2G1 free coupon under your Poweruprewards account. It could take couple of days after renewing for it to show up.

#16 DustBoogie

DustBoogie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:01 PM

Traded in some games this morning. Was surprised by some of the trade in values - I got back nearly what I paid for quite a few of them!

:360:
Tiger Woods 13 - $10
Dead Space 2 - $5
Dead Island (non-GOTY) - $6
Kingdoms of Amalur - $13

:ps3:
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - $5

:wii:
Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon - $6
Backyard Baseball 2010 - $2
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $5

$95.50 total in credit after PowerUp and promo.

All of the :360: games I got for around $10-15... so after you add the $5/game from the promo, I came out ahead on those. I definitely paid a lot more for the Wii and PS3 games, but I just needed to get rid of those.

Love these trade x get $x promos. I don't buy brand new games - at least for consoles - until they drop in price, which means the TIV's are usually very low. This is the best way for me to get some value back from these games.

Local store had Kindle gift cards, plenty of them (Islandia, NY). I will probably get those eventually, but for now I kept the credit. I was feeling friendly and chatting with the guy at the store, so I let him put down a preorder for Pokemon X. The store had just opened and I was the first customer of the day, so I figured I'd help the guy out. I'll keep an eye out for a deal but if all else fails I can get it there.

#17 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

1. Nothing concrete yet if you are refering to PS4 and Infinity. Probably we will know more on this after E3 since Amazon's page says nothing on this for now.
2.1 Amazon usually does promo credit for preordering single games but I have yet to see them for new console games.
2.2 Too soon to tell but their could be a bundled deal for launch by retailers if not the publishers.

Yeah pretty much what I already knew. Just trying to figure out a way to do it before E3 in case they're gone again. I don't see an advantage to amazon if you're only buying games and you have amazon tax.

#18 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:24 PM

:3ds:
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance - 11

:ps3:
LittleBigPlanet GOTY - 4
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 5
Far Cry 3 - 17
Mortal Kombat - 5
Sleeping Dogs - 12
Dead Island - 5

Total after bonus - 99.90 towards my next-gen fund.

#19 invincibleaggre

invincibleaggre

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:26 PM

Cool deal. Thanks op! The trade-in values usually aren't worth it to me, but thanks for the notifications all the same. :) http://www.trackgame....me/charts.jpg/

Edited by invincibleaggre, 22 May 2013 - 09:07 AM.

#20 Lulgasms

Lulgasms

Resident Xbone hater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

Man what's with the discrepancies with kingdom hearts DDD? The website says up to $16 yet $11 base :roll: 11 x 30% does not equal that either.

#21 Lulgasms

Lulgasms

Resident Xbone hater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:42 PM

Lol don't tell me they added the if you trade 7 games you get $16 for it -_-

#22 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

Lol don't tell me they added the if you trade 7 games you get $16 for it -_-

It clearly says "PowerUp Rewards Pro Up To Value**" so I'm not seeing the harm.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life Charity 24-Hour Marathon!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata  JUST ADDED:  A progressive raffle!  The more donations received, the more prizes that are added! Check out my Twitch page for info! 

#23 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

Yeah, that's what they did. They've been handing out flyers that show it that way in my local store too.

#24 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

So I have the 120 first slim, how does that fit in with whatever bonus they are running for ps3's right now?

Also would $28 be a good spot to dump dualshocks? Have three extra ones now.

#25 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

Man what's with the discrepancies with kingdom hearts DDD? The website says up to $16 yet $11 base :roll: 11 x 30% does not equal that either.

$10 base. $1 more with PUR. $5 if traded with 6 others or if you have a 50% coupon. So 10+1+5=$16.

512847.png

#26 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:48 PM

:3ds:
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance - 11

Oh, COME ON! That went up, too (from $10)?! :wall:

Shadow of Mordor ( :ps4:) Best Buy Preorder DLC for sale - PM me with offers!

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2 :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World Red

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [10/19]:  :vita: Akiba's Trip (4.5/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#27 KryllFood

KryllFood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:52 PM

I've never traded at GS before, maybe someone can help me out...with the "30% towards" promotion. How does that work? If I traded in 7 games towards The Last of Us, do I technically have 30% more to use on that pre-order then get reimbursed the remainder + $35 from the 3/5/7 deal?

Ex:
Trade in 7 games worth $60
Apply $60 toward The Last of Us.
$60 +30% = $78
After tax remainder = ~$13
At this point do I get a gift card for $13 + $35 from 3/5/7 deal? For a total of $48?
"Common sense isn't that common anymore..."

#28 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

Oh, COME ON! That went up, too (from $10)?! :wall:

Haha I traded it yesterday for $10 base. Guess it did go up a dollar.

512847.png

#29 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

I've never traded at GS before, maybe someone can help me out...with the "30% towards" promotion. How does that work? If I traded in 7 games towards The Last of Us, do I technically have 30% more to use on that pre-order then get reimbursed the remainder + $35 from the 3/5/7 deal?

Ex:
$60 +30% = $78
At this point do I get a gift card for $13 + $35 from 3/5/7 deal? For a total of $48?

You get one or the other; 30% or the 3/5/7 bonus, not both. The system will usually select the one that nets the most for you.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life Charity 24-Hour Marathon!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata  JUST ADDED:  A progressive raffle!  The more donations received, the more prizes that are added! Check out my Twitch page for info! 

#30 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

Ex:
$60 +30% = $78

Lol you cant stack promotions. Its one or the other.

512847.png