Photo
- - - - -

Star Trek Into Darkness Starfleet Phaser LE Set Blu-ray 3D $79.99 Pre Order - Amazon

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 SMBScooby

SMBScooby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

You can pre order the Star Trek inot Darknes Starfleet Phaser Limited Editon Gift Set on Amazon. Looks pretty nice hopefully it goes down in price.

http://www.amazon.co...k into darkness

Posted Image

#2 larrythefatcat

larrythefatcat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:50 PM

I see the Amazon page has a bunch of text touting that the phaser replica is "exactly the same as the ones in the movie" and I can't help but think I'll be disappointed if I don't decide to cancel this preorder... oh well.

Thanks for the heads up! This looks like a great deal and I hope it turns out to be exactly that!!

#3 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:45 PM

This movie was so great.

#4 SMBScooby

SMBScooby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:00 PM

This movie was so great.

I have to agree. It is a just in IMAX 3D.

#5 The Prize Fighter Inferno

The Prize Fighter Inferno

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:05 PM

You can pre order the Star Trek inot Darknes Starfleet Phaser Limited Editon Gift Set on Amazon. Looks pretty nice hopefully it goes down in price.

http://www.amazon.co...k into darkness

Posted Image

Is it locked to stun? I'm hoping not.

#6 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:10 PM

I have to agree. It is a just in IMAX 3D.

Yeah, I saw it in IMAX 3D yesterday and it was just awesome from start to finish. Tempted to see it again in fact, which is a rarity for me these days.

#7 SMBScooby

SMBScooby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:49 PM

Make sure you watch it in IMAX not IMAX experience.

#8 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:47 PM

Disagree with everyone. Saw it, thought it was average. At least they didnt have to write a script. Hey let's just do everything opposite in this crazy new universe!

#9 neoz

neoz

I Know Kung Fu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:44 PM

Disagree with everyone. Saw it, thought it was average. At least they didnt have to write a script. Hey let's just do everything opposite in this crazy new universe!

I agree, this movie is ok but not "great" like everyone is trying to make it to be. I think most people that fawn for this movie are big fans of 09 and not really into the show or the original movies, imo.

#10 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:46 PM

Make sure you watch it in IMAX not IMAX experience.

What is the difference? I have 2 Imax theaters near me, one of them was one of the first few theaters to have an Imax screen but they both say "experience" when I check movie listings.

I feel like watching it again in 3D, I watched an early showing last weekend and I was left pleasantly entertained.

#11 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:54 PM

What is the difference? I have 2 Imax theaters near me, one of them was one of the first few theaters to have an Imax screen but they both say "experience" when I check movie listings.

I feel like watching it again in 3D, I watched an early showing last weekend and I was left pleasantly entertained.

No idea the difference. I saw it in "IMAX" which is a lot bigger and somewhat rounded screen. A "real" IMAX is 4x that size thiugh. I'm pretty sure they call the one I went to IMAX and not experience though. I and others call it "Mini IMAX". Google it.

#12 SMBScooby

SMBScooby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

Here is an article that explains it
http://thepixelpulse...hould-you-care/

40 minutes of the movie was shot in IMAX. When you watch it in a real IMAX screen most of the movie is in letter box format but when the scene where an IMAX camera was used it actualy fills the whole screen.

#13 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:27 PM

There's only one real IMAX theatre in NYC (well 2 counting the one at the Natural history museum) the rest are "LieMax" theatres. If I'm paying IMAX prices, I'm going to see it in the legit ones.

The biggest IMAX I've ever been too was at the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia, that thing is insane.

#14 Trogdor469

Trogdor469

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:58 PM

What is it limited to?

#15 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:17 AM

Was anyone else given a free Star Trek poster for seeing thr IMAX version?

#16 SMBScooby

SMBScooby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:27 AM

Was anyone else given a free Star Trek poster for seeing thr IMAX version?

It was only given out to the 8:01pm showing the day before release date.

#17 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:16 AM

I received some posters like that for The Hobbit, they were actually pretty cool, I wish I would have scored some Star Trek ones.

I found this article reagarding Imax and Liemax. I guess the one I was referring too, Edwards Ontario Mills 22 is an official screen. That sucker is huge, I've actually watched quite a few Imax movies there.

#18 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:21 AM

Anyone who said this movie was anything but great has a wrong opinion.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#19 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:23 AM

Eh, I got one today at a matinee showing. Maybe they forgot before or had extras? I got two because my wife and I both went.

#20 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:22 AM

Agreed seen it 3x and still love it. A True Trekkie loves anytink Star Trek btw..

#21 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:52 AM

Never been a "trekkie" till the J.J. movies...I'm hooked loved the first, loved the 2nd one.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#22 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:39 AM

Showed up in my gold box so I preordered. Not sure I'm willing to pay that much for a phaser though...

#23 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:44 AM

Never been a "trekkie" till the J.J. movies...I'm hooked loved the first, loved the 2nd one.

Was for the other person.. The Trekkie in him is against non original story line so he hates it why i said he was not a True Trekkie. ;)

#24 neoz

neoz

I Know Kung Fu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

Right....

Agreed seen it 3x and still love it. A True Trekkie loves anytink Star Trek btw..

Not true, A true Trekkie would agree with me that this isn't a bad movie but it isn't great either. Another ST fan went with me and enjoyed all of it till about the last part of the movie. I won't spoil it but needless to say most Trekkie fans probably think the same thing. What made 09 different was that it was completely off the wall with the whole alternate universe. Into The Darkness robs something from somewhere reverses it instead of something unique.

Go and watch Enterprise, TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, and all the original movies then let us know if you like the franchise then you might be able to call yourself a Trekkie. Till then your a JJ Abrhams fan.:;)

Was for the other person.. The Trekkie in him is against non original story line so he hates it why i said he was not a True Trekkie. ;)

#25 Syranth

Syranth

Formerly WormFOODx

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:09 PM

Right....

Not true, A true Trekkie would agree with me that this isn't a bad movie but it isn't great either. Another ST fan went with me and enjoyed all of it till about the last part of the movie. I won't spoil it but needless to say most Trekkie fans probably think the same thing. What made 09 different was that it was completely off the wall with the whole alternate universe. Into The Darkness robs something from somewhere reverses it instead of something unique.

Go and watch Enterprise, TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, and all the original movies then let us know if you like the franchise then you might be able to call yourself a Trekkie. Till then your a JJ Abrhams fan.:;)

My name is WormFOODx and I endorse this entire message.

#26 jlewski

jlewski

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:55 PM

Might order this Been wanting to see it

#27 TAT3RS

TAT3RS

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

If the laser doesnt work it is it is a no sale for me lol.

#28 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:34 PM

I'll be stunned if it worked

#29 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:18 AM

Right....

The True Trekkie's love everything Trek no matter what... So nice try.

#30 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:35 AM

LOL...pass. Ive never had any interest in the past series...I am a fan of JJ which is how I got into the new ones. So I guess I'm not a trekkie.

Edited by LinkinPrime, 03 June 2013 - 02:44 AM.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png