• Please log in to reply
1525 replies to this topic

#1501 Snowcone

Snowcone

Master of Snackbar Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:30 PM

Anyone have an extra case lying around? I need one -_-

You might ask over on The Cover Project.
Posted Image

#1502 Raz1r

Raz1r

Posted 15 June 2007 - 01:35 AM

Hey guys, just wanted to say that this project is awesome.

I clicked the link for the "raw scans" and it gave me a 404. I don't know much about Photoshop, but there are a few games I have that are not in the database. Breath of Fire 2 for the GBA is the most notable. I still have the box, so I will try to upload it soon.

#1503 LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy

Oathkeeper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2007 - 04:23 PM

IS the cover project site down? When I clicked the link I got a 404.

#1504 Predator Ranger

Predator Ranger

Admiral Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2007 - 04:34 PM

IS the cover project site down? When I clicked the link I got a 404.

Just got through fine. http://www.thecoverproject.net/
Posted Image

#1505 Demontooth

Demontooth

cheapest ass of them all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2008 - 04:18 AM

Found the 4 N64 covers I was missing...thanks bitches!!!

If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly

153639.png

Demontooth1.png

#1506 mitchondria

mitchondria

Climbin in Yo Window

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:22 PM

does anyone need anymore of these?

cause i need in... and if i can find 4 people we can split the cost

540841.png

#1507 Snowcone

Snowcone

Master of Snackbar Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2008 - 02:51 PM

does anyone need anymore of these?

cause i need in... and if i can find 4 people we can split the cost

Ask over on the forums at TCP and you're likely to find someone buying the cases.
Posted Image

#1508 v|_@mé

v|_@mé

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2008 - 09:56 AM

site down? i was depending on this to make my 64 collection look good.

#1509 Predator Ranger

Predator Ranger

Admiral Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2008 - 05:08 PM

site down? i was depending on this to make my 64 collection look good.

Works for me: http://www.thecoverproject.net/
Posted Image

#1510 JP

JP

Member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 27 April 2008 - 06:18 PM

What is a full cost of 100 pack from mediashelving? I'm mainly looking for an estimate on the shipping. I need about 45-50 for myself.

*UPDATE* So they finally got back with me and it's going to be about 65 bucks for the items plus shipping to me. That isn't bad, but I really don't need 100 of them. Anyone interested in going in for some, let me know.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#1511 helluvagood

helluvagood

HURRICANE VENUS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 03:32 AM

Wow looka those sexy cases!
Posted Image

#1512 psxboy500

psxboy500

Posted 08 June 2008 - 02:49 AM

nice I can finally bring back the covers that my mom threw out accidently :)

#1513 jasonpaul

jasonpaul

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:43 PM

Wow, this is the first I've seen of these cases. I'd love to get some of these.

#1514 Gentlegamer

Gentlegamer

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:08 PM

This is the thread that first brought me to CAG when I googled N64 covers.

I bought a case of the media shelving cases, and they work great!
Posted Image

#1515 CaptainKirk

CaptainKirk

Posted 21 January 2010 - 04:44 AM

seems cool I like the idea

#1516 acarlson

acarlson

Posted 22 January 2010 - 05:15 PM

Awesome Idea I want to get some but 100 is way to many for right now. is anyone selling some?

#1517 Wet Ninja

Wet Ninja

Cheaping from the shadows

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2010 - 11:39 AM

what is your project is all about could you explain a bit more,so that it will easy for us to understand.

Basically, if you're looking for a better way to store/display your cartridge-based games, you can buy a universal case and print the cover to fit it from The Cover Project. Or, if you're missing a cover for your disc-based games, you can find it and reprint it. Usually the covers are recreations (scans) of the original game box/case, but some games have custom covers created by contributors.

You can read more here and here.

#1518 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:37 PM

lol these reproduction boxes are a waste of time and money.

Real official boxes could be worth something depending on the game but these production boxes are a waste. Just put a label on the games and get good storage containers to store them.

A better investment would probably be getting the kit to change the battery out for save files since so many run on a battery.

I just did a flip with some CIB games. I bought Zelda Oot and starfox64 complete from a guy both for $35 I took the game carts out and sold the boxes and manuals for $20 -$3 to ship. All in all it makes my game carts come to $9 each I payed shipped.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by needler420, 19 November 2011 - 02:05 PM.

needler420.png

#1519 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:33 PM

lol these reproduction boxes are a waste of time and money.

Real official boxes could be worth something depending on the game but these production boxes are a waste. Just put a label on the games and get good storage containers to store them.

A better investment would probably be getting the kit to change the battery out for save files since so many run on a battery.

I just did a flip with some CIB games. I bought Zelda Oot and starfox64 complete from a guy both for $35 I took the game carts out and sold the boxes and manuals for $20 -$3 to ship. All in all it makes my game carts come to $9 each I payed shipped.

Well, yeah. If you can find every CIB in the wild without paying a premium (which is just about impossible). You can pretty much box a whole collection in UGC's for the cost of one harder-to-find title.

By the way, you should thank whoever bought that Starfox 64 box + manual profusely. They've been selling for $30-35 complete and Near Mint (a smart buyer could've paid $7 more and got my NM example) ;) Unless you mean you only got $10 per IB (which wouldn't be too hot)?
The Asylum leads the eyes of those pursued by gaming madness...

#1520 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:45 PM

Well, yeah. If you can find every CIB in the wild without paying a premium (which is just about impossible). You can pretty much box a whole collection in UGC's for the cost of one harder-to-find title.

By the way, you should thank whoever bought that Starfox 64 box + manual profusely. They've been selling for $30-35 complete and Near Mint (a smart buyer could've paid $7 more and got my NM example) ;) Unless you mean you only got $10 per IB (which wouldn't be too hot)?

Yeah I got $10 per box and manual.

That's about what they were worth in that condition starfox had no inserts And had marker writing on it.

Zelda Oot CIB is only like $25 including game on ebay. And if you wait around you could get it in better condition then mine was at BIN. Not to mention if you do auctions you could easily snipe one cheaper and in better condition.

My deal was a flip the same week I bought the games CIB I had a buyer to buy the boxes and manuals. I could have waited longer but the most I would have got for them is another $5 bucks its not worth my time for the extra $5 bucks or even $10.

I'm a gamer before a collector when I want to make money Ill invest in the stock market and precious metals market as I am. I was happy enough after going through the shipping hassle to get my game carts below market price. And like I said I got them with intentions of playing them not to collect and store them on a shelf to stare at.

Getting the box and manual to old games is a plus for sure and like you said when the premium is right ill take it for sure. But when the boxes cost more then the game itself its a no no to me. I sold the boxes to those games for the same price I paid for the game carts after shipping.

I have a The legend of Zelda Majora's mask gold cart CIB deal almost near mint box for $20 shipped. Ill probably keep the packaging on that since the gold cart normal market value is about $15 anyway so for $20 shipped and its condition ill probably keep the box to that.

needler420.png

#1521 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:00 PM

i was into this several years ago but got rid of a lot of stuff, I have a lot of the cases in a box in the garage. if anybody wants them pm me. id get rid of them on the cheap.
"I am the Walrus" "Shut the Fuck up Donnie"

Posted Image

#1522 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:50 PM

Yeah I got $10 per box and manual.

That's about what they were worth in that condition starfox had no inserts And had marker writing on it.

Zelda Oot CIB is only like $25 including game on ebay. And if you wait around you could get it in better condition then mine was at BIN. Not to mention if you do auctions you could easily snipe one cheaper and in better condition.

My deal was a flip the same week I bought the games CIB I had a buyer to buy the boxes and manuals. I could have waited longer but the most I would have got for them is another $5 bucks its not worth my time for the extra $5 bucks or even $10.

I'm a gamer before a collector when I want to make money Ill invest in the stock market and precious metals market as I am. I was happy enough after going through the shipping hassle to get my game carts below market price. And like I said I got them with intentions of playing them not to collect and store them on a shelf to stare at.

Getting the box and manual to old games is a plus for sure and like you said when the premium is right ill take it for sure. But when the boxes cost more then the game itself its a no no to me. I sold the boxes to those games for the same price I paid for the game carts after shipping.

I have a The legend of Zelda Majora's mask gold cart CIB deal almost near mint box for $20 shipped. Ill probably keep the packaging on that since the gold cart normal market value is about $15 anyway so for $20 shipped and its condition ill probably keep the box to that.

Yeah, condition is everything when it comes to the paper, though $25 is pretty sad on OoT for a CIB, since a cart-only might fetch $18, the manual $5, etc. It's crazy, but I guess people will buy up the parts to save money.

Nice find on the Majora's Mask, I'd think a NM complete would be worth $40 easy.
The Asylum leads the eyes of those pursued by gaming madness...

#1523 TheBigAndy

TheBigAndy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:43 AM

I am in for this once I start collecting N64 again, great thread.

#1524 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:59 PM

I would buy in on some cases.

#1525 McCHitman

McCHitman

Reigning Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:27 PM

I recently got 100 of the Universal cases, printed a couple N64 box arts on my printer and decided that would use A LOT of ink.

So I took my usb drive to fedex Kinkos and used their printer, but you can't do borderless, at least not on the express printers. Is there another option that I'm over looking??

dCPOFIZ.jpg

[twitter]McCHitman[/twitter]

#1526 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:49 PM

I recently got 100 of the Universal cases, printed a couple N64 box arts on my printer and decided that would use A LOT of ink.

So I took my usb drive to fedex Kinkos and used their printer, but you can't do borderless, at least not on the express printers. Is there another option that I'm over looking??

I would make some calls I ran into some issues printing ds cases. Call your local printing places and see if they do borderless printing. I also recommend the glossy paper makes it look official.

Also if you arnt going to use all 100 I'd buy some off you.