Microsoftstore.com Memorial Clearance Sale incl:Blops2,MGR:R,TR $30 each; more

• Please log in to reply
610 replies to this topic

#331 smokeyjoey8

smokeyjoey8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:49 AM

still haven't received the 1600 point code I ordered, but I ordered another 1200 about 30 minutes ago and already received that. weird.

#332 kellte2

kellte2

Powerful Stroke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:50 AM

Did they just nuke all the codes? I had three that stopped working while I was attempting to beat the stupid "Server Error" and order one copy of Tomb Raider. damnit.

#333 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:59 AM

SD killed the site. There's several people talking about how much they are selling codes for on ebay as well. Did a search and sure often there are several buyers with several dozen codes each.

#334 anthonyd46

anthonyd46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:04 AM

what is everyone getting ? I have 1 code I never used.

Anything close to free or a few bucks?

Disney infinity figures are 2.99 each with free shipping with the promo code. Might be a good idea to pick a couple up even if you dont wind up playing the game im sure you can sell them for a few bucks or at worse somewhere near the 12.99 retail and make a few bucks.

#335 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:13 AM

site is down... i can't believe how crappy their website is

#336 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:18 AM

Hey all, I'm on my second attempt today to talk to customer support, but I'm not expecting it to go any better than the first time. So I have a working code (at least it appears to work) which I'm happy to give out, but I want someone to help me pick up a 4 codes. I'm happy to pay with Amazon or paypal, your choice.

#337 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:27 AM

site is down... i can't believe how crappy their website is

Why? They were getting raped from obvious abuse of these codes and apparently shut down the site until they could get a handle on things, so that makes them crappy?

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#338 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:30 AM

Disney infinity figures are 2.99 each with free shipping with the promo code. Might be a good idea to pick a couple up even if you dont wind up playing the game im sure you can sell them for a few bucks or at worse somewhere near the 12.99 retail and make a few bucks.

Already mentioned this on the last page. Is a pretty good deal.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#339 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:39 AM

wow sweet deal also got 2 1600pts instead of 1200 for only $10, awesome.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#340 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:41 AM

... I love how the site decided to start seizuring right as I wanted to buy something...

#341 jle7385

jle7385

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:51 AM

Got 2 codes, bought 2 - 1200 ms points, one on wifes account and one on mine. My wife received hers shortly, didn't receive mine until after a chat session tonight. Bitched a bit and she gave me 1200 + 100 for my trouble after threatening to look for playstation 3's online. Lol. Read the transcript below...no joke...just happened a few min ago and yes, i tried to sound like a d-bag in hopes of getting something for my trouble.

Spoiler

603171.png

none4johnny.png

#342 jle7385

jle7385

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:53 AM

wow sweet deal also got 2 1600pts instead of 1200 for only $10, awesome.

WTF, only 1 of mine did that, i figured it was because I went on the live chat and bitched or somthing..haha...my ms points are piling up from black friday and this...sitting on 6150, no idea what to spend it on...Want to get that new Van Helsing Diablo clone, any idea on a realase date???

603171.png

none4johnny.png

#343 emg28

emg28

esteeohpee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:02 AM

When I put in the promo code, it gave a message that says "Hurry!...."

And apparently I got screwed on that order. The discount applied, but before finalizing it must have been removed and I didn't see it, because I just got charged 14.99+tax. Ugh...

The same thing happened to me. I'll call or use the chat in a while and see what they say.

#344 Nightmarecast25

Nightmarecast25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:29 AM

Still cannot place an order, this is awesome.

#345 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:31 AM

Same here.

#346 Infal128289

Infal128289

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:43 AM

Got 2 codes, bought 2 - 1200 ms points, one on wifes account and one on mine. My wife received hers shortly, didn't receive mine until after a chat session tonight. Bitched a bit and she gave me 1200 + 100 for my trouble after threatening to look for playstation 3's online. Lol. Read the transcript below...no joke...just happened a few min ago and yes, i tried to sound like a d-bag in hopes of getting something for my trouble.

What does Playstation 3 or the xbox 1 have to do with this purchase? As someone who does chat support (not for ms) it is unnecessary. The person more than likely was following their procedures. If you are unhappy with the 5-7 day wait (probably would have been much much shorter, but we can not say that) simply asking for a supervisor is the easy way to proceed. Ranting about nonsense does'nt help anyone.

#347 jle7385

jle7385

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:52 AM

What does Playstation 3 or the xbox 1 have to do with this purchase? As someone who does chat support (not for ms) it is unnecessary. The person more than likely was following their procedures. If you are unhappy with the 5-7 day wait (probably would have been much much shorter, but we can not say that) simply asking for a supervisor is the easy way to proceed. Ranting about nonsense does'nt help anyone.

lol, in some cases it does. Notice how quick she was getting me a supervisor? that is the whole procedure, try to calm the customer, if they accept proceed with support ticket, if they rant nonsense about how they are disappointed as a customer, proceed with resolution. at least thats how its always been in my experience. i was just sharing my story, maybe someone else could use something similar to get whats due to them

603171.png

none4johnny.png

#348 ddp72984

ddp72984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:02 AM

Is it official to say all codes are dead?

#349 bulldozer86

bulldozer86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:04 AM

For those wondering (and those who may not have seen it yet), they have a message on the page right before the actual purchasing page that states they are having technical difficulties and to please call for assistance. Good on them for establishing a deal like this, but Fuck me they gotta be a little better prepared. Cheers on everyone for being patient and not going too ballistic though and here's hoping it's resolved over the weekend so we can grab some points for the summer ahead.

#350 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:06 AM

I ordered 1200 points and because of the same issue many of us seem to have they gave me an extra 400 points! This turned out to be a pretty sweet deal, 1600 points for $5.40!

#351 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:09 AM

For those wondering (and those who may not have seen it yet), they have a message on the page right before the actual purchasing page that states they are having technical difficulties and to please call for assistance. Good on them for establishing a deal like this, but Fuck me they gotta be a little better prepared. Cheers on everyone for being patient and not going too ballistic though and here's hoping it's resolved over the weekend so we can grab some points for the summer ahead.

I don't think they planned on establishing a deal like this. The codes specifically say one per customer and it says not valid on gift cards (which usually includes MSP). I think it was more that whoever decided to run this deal had no idea what they were doing. I just can't believe they didn't make these codes one time use only.

Oh well, their loss is our gain I guess. I don't really advocate abusing this deal, but MS is probably a company most people don't have a problem taking advantage of since they were so stupid about this promo.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#352 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

People like you are really sad.

#353 irafreak

irafreak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

lol, in some cases it does. Notice how quick she was getting me a supervisor? that is the whole procedure, try to calm the customer, if they accept proceed with support ticket, if they rant nonsense about how they are disappointed as a customer, proceed with resolution. at least thats how its always been in my experience. i was just sharing my story, maybe someone else could use something similar to get whats due to them

To me this is like the person that sees road construction ahead one lane and speeds up and forces their way in front of all the other people that went ahead and took their rightful place in line. You throw a hissy fit so you can be bumped ahead of everyone who is waiting patiently...you got one of your codes right away. I'm still waiting for my only order from tuesday. But glad throwing a fit gets you your way...:roll:

#354 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:15 AM

I got in a couple more orders on 1200 Microsoft Points just now. The deal doesn't seem to be dead just yet.

#355 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:16 AM

Soooo... I guess they never straightened out the 1200 MSP situation?

I never got the code I ordered 5/22 - I got the email confirm, but even after 72 hours my order is still "blank" where the code should go. I guess I'll have to chat or call.

I just tried another order on my other account a few hours ago, thinking it was all straightened out for new orders. This time I didn't even get an email. Except that money has been taken out of my paypal account. Nothing shows up in my order history, no digital codes, it's as if the order doesn't exist. I don't even have an order # from Microsoft, but I know a transaction went through because paypal deducted $4.99. Anyone have this happen?

I had no idea MS was so inept at running a website. Not complaining, because they have had some sweet deals this Christmas - and I'm assuming they will fix it for me. But this is sort of rediculous.

#356 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:19 AM

Orders are going through again go go go go go

#357 bulldozer86

bulldozer86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:20 AM

I don't think they planned on establishing a deal like this. The codes specifically say one per customer and it says not valid on gift cards (which usually includes MSP). I think it was more that whoever decided to run this deal had no idea what they were doing. I just can't believe they didn't make these codes one time use only.

Oh well, their loss is our gain I guess. I don't really advocate abusing this deal, but MS is probably a company most people don't have a problem taking advantage of since they were so stupid about this promo.

My apologies then, I am still trying to use my code I got from signing up for the email updates about Xbone. I only recently realized people are reusing those codes and causing a meltdown, but I can't blame anyone for doing so. Thanks for your response.

#358 smokeyjoey8

smokeyjoey8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:23 AM

Soooo... I guess they never straightened out the 1200 MSP situation?

I never got the code I ordered 5/22 - I got the email confirm, but even after 72 hours my order is still "blank" where the code should go. I guess I'll have to chat or call.

I just tried another order on my other account a few hours ago, thinking it was all straightened out for new orders. This time I didn't even get an email. Except that money has been taken out of my paypal account. Nothing shows up in my order history, no digital codes, it's as if the order doesn't exist. I don't even have an order # from Microsoft, but I know a transaction went through because paypal deducted $4.99. Anyone have this happen?

I had no idea MS was so inept at running a website. Not complaining, because they have had some sweet deals this Christmas - and I'm assuming they will fix it for me. But this is sort of rediculous.

The four codes I bought earlier this evening were all like that. The final page just said thanks and they'll process my order, but I got no email, and the info wasn't in any of the order summary or code pages. I kept watching my paypal and the charges showed up and not long after paypal reported the charges went from pending to in progress, I got emails for the codes. I'm 3 for 4. My 1600 point code still hasn't shown up.

#359 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:25 AM

How can I get in on this 1200 msp for cheap deal?

#360 VaultBoy101

VaultBoy101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:26 AM

Still getting "We are experiencing technical difficulties. Please contact customer service for assistance" when trying to submit an order on the final page. It's the same message I've been getting since the first day the deal went live and I signed up legitimately and got my code. I placed two orders that day and both were cancelled.