Photo
* * * * - 28 votes

TRU: $25 Gift Card w/WiiU, Save $20 on any 2 PS4/XboxOne Games / Updated Through Dec. 31st

Toys R Us FRONTBURNR Deals Video Games

• Please log in to reply
2385 replies to this topic

#31 AgentXK

AgentXK

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

I remember the good ol' days of getting sweet Kmart deals, that Crysis 2 deal was one of the best! Dare I say FrontBurnr will lead to big things?

#32 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:53 PM

1. Have Shoprunner work on video games and Skylanders figures.
2. No more video game coupon exclusions or atleast have video game coupons.
3. Improve the TRU rewards program so the rewards work on video games.
4. Match the current Best Buy offers of $20 credit.
5. More aggressive sales on older games.
6. Have a sale on Metro: Last Light.
7. Lowered shipping costs. Shipping kills the deal.
8. More tie-ins of a free special action figure with purchase of game.
9. Keep up the quality of sales like $35 Skylanders Starter Pack.

I would much rather give my business to TRU then to Best Buy or K-Mart. I have never had a customer service nightmare at TRU unlike all other stores.

TheVila.jpg
TheVila.png

#33 killercane

killercane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:57 PM

TRU doesnt really clearance things to cheap prices so that is a nonissue.

#34 FrontBurnr

FrontBurnr

Official Representative

• Retailer Representative

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:57 PM

1. Have Shoprunner work on video games and Skylanders figures.
2. No more video game coupon exclusions or atleast have video game coupons.
3. Improve the TRU rewards program so the rewards work on video games.
4. Match the current Best Buy offers of $20 credit.
5. More aggressive sales on older games.
6. Have a sale on Metro: Last Light.
7. Lowered shipping costs. Shipping kills the deal.
8. More tie-ins of a free special action figure with purchase of game.
9. Keep up the quality of sales like $35 Skylanders Starter Pack.

I would much rather give my business to TRU then to Best Buy or K-Mart. I have never had a customer service nightmare at TRU unlike all other stores.

Great feedback, exactly what I'm looking for. Really appreciate it.

#35 Zazoo

Zazoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

Glad to see you again!! I hadn't been in a Kmart in years until all of those great gaming deals came along

Not sure if you can do much about but it would be great if they could fix the way their rewardsrus dollars are handed out. More along the lines of best buy rather than at the end of some arbitrary date we will issue them. Mine alway got split and I couldn't use them together so I didn't bother going in at all.
Perhaps they could even make a RZone specific rewards.

Also besides the deals on games they should partner more with shopkick.. Scans, bonus kicks for spending a certain amount and coupons. This is a lot of the reason I shop at best buy. I can price match, earn shopkicks, earn reward zone points and earn rewards from my cc all from one stop. More bang for my buck that's how you get me in the door

#36 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

TRU doesnt really clearance things to cheap prices so that is a nonissue.

That's not tru (sorry) at all. I picked up Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE at $9.99, down from $99.99

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#37 AgentXK

AgentXK

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:05 PM

That's not tru (sorry) at all. I picked up Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE at $9.99, down from $99.99

yeah, i remember buying that Nike game with the heart monitor for 9.96 a few years back.

#38 FrontBurnr

FrontBurnr

Official Representative

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:09 PM

Josh, could you add those kinectimals with bears and plushies to the 3 for 40 list. They are 14.99 now. Would like one of those.

Welcome back. Looks like you have a better platform to do your thing now.

I'm not sure if I can add anything this go around. We're working on the process and I'm learning quickly how they manage their promotional timing but will put the request in my updates and requests without question.

#39 FrontBurnr

FrontBurnr

Official Representative

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

I'm just glad we won't have to deal that reward card BS from Kmart anymore.

Ha! Me too :)

#40 FrontBurnr

FrontBurnr

Official Representative

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:11 PM

I would love to be able to use shoprunner on video games. Hell any kind of shipping promotion other the crazy ones offered now. I have passed on so many purchases because of crazy shipping costs.

Thank you, this seems to be a common theme.

#41 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:14 PM

Welcome back Josh!

I concur with the recommendations regarding online - my local TRU closed down, but I'd be happy to buy from TRU.com if more coupons, GCs, Shoprunner, and other deals were available from the website.

#42 rhbergmann86

rhbergmann86

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:17 PM

I would LOVE a return to the coupon days! I have never bought new releases like I did during the Kmart coupon deals. Haven't since. Toysrus electronics employees are a lot more helpful around here than the Kmart guys were. I kind of miss my battles with my nemesis Roy. He would tell me games come out on Tuesday, not Sunday, when I would go to pick up a new 3DS game. We went a few rounds. Good times.

Edit: welcome back Josh! Been enjoying frontburnr too. Great Xbox One article

#43 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:18 PM

JOSH!!! Welcome back bro. We missed you :)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#44 FrontBurnr

FrontBurnr

Official Representative

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:19 PM

I would LOVE a return to the coupon days! I have never bought new releases like I did during the Kmart coupon deals. Haven't since. Toysrus electronics employees are a lot more helpful around here than the Kmart guys were. I kind of miss my battles with my nemesis Roy. He would tell me games come out on Tuesday, not Sunday, when I would go to pick up a new 3DS game. We went a few rounds. Good times.

I've had the same experience. My local TRU is great, really helpful people and always know what is going on.

#45 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:23 PM

Looks like I might be stepping into a tru in the near future. Great to have you back

#46 FrontBurnr

FrontBurnr

Official Representative

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:23 PM

Thanks! I've really enjoyed getting back into writing. I never had much time at Kmart to do it. I'm hoping to launch our full community site in the next month and really get it going.

Side note: Coupons do appear possible, working with them on that.

#47 invizibleskratchpikl

invizibleskratchpikl

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:30 PM

Nice, welcome back Josh!

I'd like to see something like the Kmart Vanquish deal in 2010:
"Buy Vanquish, get a $20 coupon, and save $30 off a list of recent titles".

Or even something like the Kmart LA Noire deal:
"Buy LA Noire, get a $20 coupon, and get a free $20 game".

#48 FrontBurnr

FrontBurnr

Official Representative

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:32 PM

Nice, welcome back Josh!

I'd like to see something like the Kmart Vanquish deal in 2010:
"Buy Vanquish, get a $20 coupon, and save $30 off a list of recent titles".

Or even something like the Kmart LA Noire deal:
"Buy LA Noire, get a $20 coupon, and get a free $20 game".

Of course you pick the two deals that got me in serious trouble lol :) I agree, those were hot and that would be a really cool repeat.

#49 goateesox

goateesox

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:38 PM

Looking forward to what TRU does with a bit of FrontBurnr and CAG influence.

- TheGeekyHusband
@Thegeekyhusband on Twitter

#50 IFlyRC80

IFlyRC80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:43 PM

Of course you pick the two deals that got me in serious trouble lol :) I agree, those were hot and that would be a really cool repeat.

Glad to see you back. I earn a lot of TRU rewards and not being able to use them on video game stuff sucks.

You may have got in trouble but there are probably a lot of people like me that bought the above games at launch and would not have without those deals.

#51 TheLounge

TheLounge

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

Great feedback, exactly what I'm looking for. Really appreciate it.

Shoprunner exclusion is why I shop elsewhere for Skylanders, otherwise TRU would be far superior if shipping wasn't an issue.

As far as other video games go, I haven't been able to find a good deal @ TRU since Mortal Kombat came out and I got a couple copies for like $20 soon after release.
:booty: Working on the last few trophies on JustCause2 plat :booty:

Looking for: GCs to BB
Have tons of: Skylanders figures, Mortal Kombat DLC codes, Square-Enix codes (ps3?), Armor of Brutus PS3 code, Revelations online pass PS3... please pm

#52 jeebert

jeebert

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:57 PM

I'll second the request for reasonable shipping prices. And the old gamer coupons at Kmart were great! I always had a coupon so I always had to buy from Kmart, but everytime I bought a new game it came with a new coupon. I believe people called it a coupon parade. . . or coupon locomotive or something:)
Now playing poorly:
:360: Just Cause 2
:wii: Kirby's Epic Yarn
:ds: Golden Sun 2

#53 killercane

killercane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:03 PM

Sure a year and a half ago. But overall, there is little movement in TRU clearance. PSP Gos are still $169.98 for gods sake, same as they were 3 years ago. Not at all like regular $5 kmart clearance.

#54 atlantis

atlantis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:08 PM

Hi Josh welcome back. I was a huge subscriber to your program back in the Kmart-Era. Before that I believe it was the Circuit City-era and we are currently cycling through the Best Buy era :P.

But quite honestly; Best Buy has been a let down lately with extremely disappointing coupons and the only thing keeping it alive is the pre-order program on new games. I look forward to seeing what you can do with TRU. I haven't stepped foot in one since the original Batman AA was released.

Is there anyway you can share some insight into the culture of Kmart? Like what was it like to run the program? What were the main obstacles? Did you accomplish what your team set out to accomplish? Why did the program end so abruptly?

I honestly don't think your program had any long-term loyalty effect. I haven't been in a Kmart since they pulled the plug. The best thing about your program ending was the fact that I don't ever have to shop at Kmart again.

#55 mitnosi

mitnosi

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

I would also shop there more if I were able to get better shipping, with Best Buy and Newegg doing free shipping its more or less the reason I go there for my deals.

#56 FrontBurnr

FrontBurnr

Official Representative

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:19 PM

Hi Josh welcome back. I was a huge subscriber to your program back in the Kmart-Era. Before that I believe it was the Circuit City-era and we are currently cycling through the Best Buy era :P.

But quite honestly; Best Buy has been a let down lately with extremely disappointing coupons and the only thing keeping it alive is the pre-order program on new games. I look forward to seeing what you can do with TRU. I haven't stepped foot in one since the original Batman AA was released.

Is there anyway you can share some insight into the culture of Kmart? Like what was it like to run the program? What were the main obstacles? Did you accomplish what your team set out to accomplish? Why did the program end so abruptly?

I honestly don't think your program had any long-term loyalty effect. I haven't been in a Kmart since they pulled the plug. The best thing about your program ending was the fact that I don't ever have to shop at Kmart again.

I can't provide too much insight into the Kmart deal except that it was a very challenging environment. I'm grateful for my time there and my last year that I worked on the social media team was probably the best time of my short career.

The thing about loyalty programs like the one I was running is that you have to keep it up and invest in it whether it is through customer service, inventory support and markdowns. It may not have been the best fit but we had a great run there when we were doing our thing.

Maybe after a couple of beers and off the record I'll dish it out one day lol.

#57 Kuma

Kuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

Josh, I remember going to TRU a lot back when they were doing "Buy Arkham Asylum get a free 20 gift card that activates 6 hours later" or similar deals. If they did this again I would be more inclined to shop there again. It just seems that most of their deals as of late have been lacking.

Good luck on the new gig, I wish you the best

#58 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:35 PM

Holy shit. When I saw the stickied thread, I was like, "Is Josh back?"

#59 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:35 PM

I didn't read everything, and you may or may not be able to intervene with this, but alot of people I know (and not just on CAG) avoid online shopping from TRU because the returns are not integrated with the stores. Something gets shipped incorrectly, and the store is unable to "correct" it, for example. And I believe returns must still be done thru the site also (and cannot be handled in store).

#60 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

PC SKYRIM $9.98 Limited
PC COD MW3 $9.98 Limited

I can't believe some stores still have these. I would love if I stumbled upon them.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image