Photo
* * * * - 28 votes

TRU: $25 Gift Card w/WiiU, Save $20 on any 2 PS4/XboxOne Games / Updated Through Dec. 31st

Toys R Us FRONTBURNR Deals Video Games

• Please log in to reply
2385 replies to this topic

#571 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:44 PM

I have a birthday club coupon 5 dollars off 25, will this work on this deal? So i could get a game for 30 before tax?

8llo.pngthe7thnumber.png

2014 - Year of the Video Games - Currently Playing: Shadow of the Colossus HD - Playstation 3

#572 fableflav

fableflav

Movie Review Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:40 PM

You could get a few bucks back if you trade in your Vanilla Skyrim.
I kinda wish I would've done that a couple of weeks ago when it was getting around $27.

However you do it, I will say that the Dragonborn DLC is very good and well worth the time and money.

Yeah, I would do that, but I only got it as a download from xbox live.

#573 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:41 PM

I have a birthday club coupon 5 dollars off 25, will this work on this deal? So i could get a game for 30 before tax?

I can't comment on that coupon specifically but make sure you read the fine print as almost all TRU coupons exclude video games and video game hardware.

#574 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:00 PM

I can't comment on that coupon specifically but make sure you read the fine print as almost all TRU coupons exclude video games and video game hardware.

Oh wow it does exclude video game hardware and video games. :/

8llo.pngthe7thnumber.png

2014 - Year of the Video Games - Currently Playing: Shadow of the Colossus HD - Playstation 3

#575 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:08 PM

Oh wow it does exclude video game hardware and video games. :/

Yep. They really aren't gamer friendly but hopefully Josh will help with this.

Here are few things to know:

1) TRU partnership with cash back sites excludes earning cash back on purchases that  contain video games or hardware

2) Shoprunner (Free shipping) doesn't work on video games or hardware

3) The Catalina coupons (i.e. coupons that print at time of purchase; ex: $5 off $25) almost NEVER work on video games or hardware

4) Print (weekly flyer) and e-mail coupons almost never work on video games or hardware UNLESS they are specifically made for a particular game, console or accessory

5) until recently you could not redeem your Rewards R' Us certificates on games or hardware but I have been able to get those to work. I think they removed the video game exceptions from those. I remember there was a lot of anger when they did the 10% back in Rewards R' Us money on purchase made during the holiday season and then they screwed consumers by doing the following:

A) issuing certificates in $5 increments and instructing employees to only allow customers to use one certificate per purchase

B) Not allowing people to use them on video games or hardware despite the certificates being earned from making purchases on those items

C) the certificate expired very soon after they were issued (I think less then a month).

But all this being said I've found TRU is typically littered with overall mediocre deals that focus mainly on value games or bundling a junk game / accessory with a console (particularly a handheld) but then every 2 weeks or so they have an excellent deal.... but inventory is YMMV.

That being said my store has helpful and knowledgeable employees and has adequate inventory for being in a small market area.

#576 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:37 PM

Yep, too bad there aren't more from their gamers mag like the one that made MK $30 1 week after release

#577 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:39 PM

awe man I bought skyrim legendary from amazon for $40  2 days ago >.< oh well when you factor in sales tax I only missed out on $3 or something.

$25 from Target via TRU pm & $1 pre-order deal

#578 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:47 PM

Talk to a manager. Tell them you want to buy a game but the coupon excludes it.  They should allow an override and let you use it.  TRU has instructed all managers to be more lienient to the customers as far as coupon, price matching and such goes.  

A) issuing certificates in $5 increments and instructing employees to only allow customers to use one certificate per purchase

Did this really happen?  My store never did this.

#579 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:38 AM

GBAstar, on 30 Jul 2013 - 3:08 PM, said:snapback.png

Yup, did at mine. As far as the increments go, I think the rewards you earned were divided over different certificates. In my case, I earned 4 six dollar certificates. Could only use 1 at a time. Not only that but 2 were effective for 1 time period(I do not remember how long a duration it was) and the other 2 were effective for a different time period.

#580 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:52 AM

Talk to a manager. Tell them you want to buy a game but the coupon excludes it.  They should allow an override and let you use it.  TRU has instructed all managers to be more lienient to the customers as far as coupon, price matching and such goes.  

Yeah as the poster above me said that is how it was enforced at my store. Luckily I travel frequently and while visiting my girlfriends family two states away I found a TRU that allowed me to apply all at once.

And also like the poster above me mentioned they were split into two different two week periods. I think the most any particular award was worth was $5 because the max you could earn was $50 and depending on how much you earned they would be in various denominations from $2 - $5.

To make it worse I remember reading that least year video games didn't earn the standard 10% back during that promotion.

#581 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:43 PM

Josh, I don't know if you have a deal already lined up for Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, but I'd really like a straight-up gift card deal (e.g., free $10 GC with purchase). :D

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Infamous: SS :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/18]:  :vita: Flying Hamster HD (:))

Last Watched Film: Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#582 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:45 PM

My local TRU was sold out of both the PS3 and X360 versions of Metro: Last Light. Luckily, I was at least able to PM at Target.

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#583 bigant262

bigant262

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:13 AM

Yea, talk to a manager, they should push the coupon through for just video games, not hardware, I believe all stores were instructed to do this from now on. Same as prim said about the rewards coupons, my store never did that either, it didn't say on the coupon about them not being able to be used altogether. We are even somewhat pushing some expired coupons through now too, if they are rewards coupons. It depends on the store though.

#584 Raul0923

Raul0923

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

Do I need a physical ad to price match at Target or can I pull up the TRU ad on my phone to price match?

Posted Image

#585 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:50 PM

Do I need a physical ad to price match at Target or can I pull up the TRU ad on my phone to price match?

I happened to have a physical ad, but I believe they can also pull up the TRU website and pricematch off of that. PMs have to be done at CS.

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#586 Coraanu

Coraanu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:25 PM

I suck at search. Has Black Ops 2 (360) ever gone below $35? Thanks in advance.

Eh, I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Pretty fun game!

Edited by Coraanu, 02 August 2013 - 01:36 PM.

Mike

#587 derrtaysouth95

derrtaysouth95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:46 PM

Can Injustice: GAU be PM'ed to Target for $35 and then bought in addition to the $10 off certain games with $1 preorder card deal effectively making the price $25 + $1 + tax?

#588 Gertle627

Gertle627

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:21 AM

Prim, Biggiant, did you guys watch the pickle video?

To follow up on what prim was saying, getting coupons to work that shouldn't is going to be more YMMV now. We did recently have a meeting that basically said to make the customer happy. But you're still going to run into your fair share of resistance (ie people that follow policy). 

#589 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:09 PM

I suck at search. Has Black Ops 2 (360) ever gone below $35? Thanks in advance.

Eh, I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Pretty fun game!

It was 29.99 on Amazon on July 7th.  camelcamelcamel.com is your friend.

TheVila.jpg
TheVila.png

#590 Autosaver

Autosaver

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:30 AM

The Wii U deal is pretty weak. Other retailers are including Pikmin 3 for free and giftcards in larger values.

#591 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:05 AM

The Wii U deal is pretty weak. Other retailers are including Pikmin 3 for free and giftcards in larger values.

? Who is offering Pikmin for free and larger value gift card? I'm in for that... All I saw as everyone offering $50 in gift cards/points back-no mention of free Pikmin.....

#592 Liquid Metal

Liquid Metal

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:09 AM

Yeah, I have to admit it is indeed a weak offer. I don't know about including a free copy of pikmin 3, but buying the Wii u alone is getting people a $50 gc at other retailers.

So far i'm not seeing many kmart like "deals". I know its still early but if success of deals like this is gonna get us the kmart "deals", I have no clue how they are gonna get them. No one on cag is gonna think that Wii U deal is better than anywhere else.

#593 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:38 AM

Well, on the plus side, you don't have to buy the Deluxe Wii U model with Pikmin 3 to get the GC; if BBY and Target included the Basic model in their promo, I might have gotten in on that deal.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Infamous: SS :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/18]:  :vita: Flying Hamster HD (:))

Last Watched Film: Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#594 FrontBurnr

FrontBurnr

Official Representative

• Retailer Representative

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:28 PM

Yeah, I have to admit it is indeed a weak offer. I don't know about including a free copy of pikmin 3, but buying the Wii u alone is getting people a $50 gc at other retailers.

So far i'm not seeing many kmart like "deals". I know its still early but if success of deals like this is gonna get us the kmart "deals", I have no clue how they are gonna get them. No one on cag is gonna think that Wii U deal is better than anywhere else.

Totally understand. One of the things I'm really working on with them are dedicated community based deals more so than even their standard circular where we can get some good action going. Definitely a learning curve especially since I'm representing more than facilitating. However, I do think we will be able to get it done. There has been a few stand out offers so far, just need to make them more consistent and targeted. 

#595 Autosaver

Autosaver

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:15 PM

Well, on the plus side, you don't have to buy the Deluxe Wii U model with Pikmin 3 to get the GC; if BBY and Target included the Basic model in their promo, I might have gotten in on that deal.

The Deluxe is only $50 more. You're losing out on a measly $25 by going with the Basic.

Keep in mind that the Deluxe includes a free game, a cradle/charge stand, 24GB more space for games, and 5% back on every purchase made digitally.

Also, a lot of retailers are phasing out the Basic model. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes for clearance at super cheap prices.

Edit: Can't forget the Target bundle either. $385 - 5% (Target Card) = Wii U Deluxe, New Super Mario Bros U, Nintendo Land, and a $50 gift card for $355.

#596 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:20 AM

Totally understand. One of the things I'm really working on with them are dedicated community based deals more so than even their standard circular where we can get some good action going. Definitely a learning curve especially since I'm representing more than facilitating. However, I do think we will be able to get it done. There has been a few stand out offers so far, just need to make them more consistent and targeted. 

TRU dat.

#597 360...

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:43 PM

No deal on pikmin 3 makes me extremely disappointed. Please give us a B2G1 for next week! Or just give me a good pikmin 3 deal I won't have time to play it until next week anyways... a halfway decent Mario and luigi deal would be nice too if there isn't going to be a B2G1

#598 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:03 PM

I'm hoping for maybe a B1G1 50% off Wii U and 3DS games since there are alot of great titles out now for the 3DS.

I'm also hoping they have a 2 for $60 sale like last year when Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs were out around that time except with newer titles this time.

#599 trock3

trock3

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:26 PM

I think TRU is due for a B1G1 50% off, I haven't seen that deal in awhile.

#600 FrontBurnr

FrontBurnr

Official Representative

• Retailer Representative

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:06 PM

Updated thread with value game deal through 9/7.

3 for $30 All $14.99 and $19.99 Video Games.  Must buy 3 for offer.