Photo
* * * * - 28 votes

TRU: $25 Gift Card w/WiiU, Save $20 on any 2 PS4/XboxOne Games / Updated Through Dec. 31st

Toys R Us FRONTBURNR Deals Video Games

• Please log in to reply
2385 replies to this topic

#91 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:13 PM

FYI if you find a clearance copy of Metro 2033 for 360 you can flip it on Amazon for about $80 before fees.

#92 wbc1228

wbc1228

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:13 PM

SHC-Gamer is back, nice!
TRU might finally get some foot traffic from cag.

#93 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:14 PM

I was wondering why this thread got so big all of a sudden! Welcome back brother! Like most everyone here I look forward to whatever positive influence you may have in our gaming lives.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#94 AgentXK

AgentXK

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:20 PM

He's not that guy, that guy was much cooler. Smitty sucks and I've been begging Josh to get rid of him for literally months.

TRU story, I am cooler than the both of ya. 8-)

I have some cool (not-really-a-deal-stuff-unless-free-is-a-deal) community things planned too. Once Josh and I hash it out, I'll be sure to go nuts about it.

#95 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

You probably mean their coupons. Rewards don't have that restriction:

Rewards"R"Us Members who are not "R"Us Credit Cardholders - "R"Us Reward Dollars can be used towards the one-time purchase of qualifying products in-store or online at Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us. Excludes gift cards, diapers, formula, photo studios, Thyme Maternity, Buyer Protection Plan, assembly fee, breast-pump rental fee, delivery fee, and shipping & handling. Value is forfeited if item is returned. If used in-store, certificates must be surrendered at the time of purchase. Only one "R"Us Reward Dollar certificate can be redeemed per item for online purchases. Certificate prorated among eligible items purchased. See additional Terms and Conditions.

It's whatever they send out when I purchase X dollars. Last 2 x $5 I received was told that the rewards certs cannot be used on video games.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#96 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

I was wondering why this thread got so big all of a sudden! Welcome back brother! Like most everyone here I look forward to whatever positive influence you may have in our gaming lives.

It needs 2 million more views. Just kidding!

-More games at TRU! Whenever there has been a good deal, there is never enough stock to keep a deal going past the first day.

Honestly, when I shop at TRU, I either go there for clearance titles or occasional deals; it's a little farther out for me than Kmart. Based on my observation, there have also been times when they didn't stock games I thought they should have (i.e., the games were either too obscure or too generic).

#97 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:34 PM

Welcome back Josh! :applause: You are the reason I stepped into Kmart gaming arena and maybe you can do the same for Toys R Us. I haven't stepped in one in ages so here's hoping you can work your wonders on them. Look forward to what you may have in store for us in near future. :)

#98 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:36 PM

It's whatever they send out when I purchase X dollars. Last 2 x $5 I received was told that the rewards certs cannot be used on video games.

I'm pretty sure you were told wrong. The terms of the rewards are exactly what I pasted above. And doesn't this sound like the KMart thread, or what?

#99 Liquid Metal

Liquid Metal

hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

One thing that i hated when buying new releases at kmart was missing out on dlc that other stores would have.

Josh, try and get exclusive dlc for some titles. TRU has done it before.

#100 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:50 PM

So glad to have you back SHC-Gamer. The K-mart deals you provided us were incredible. Coupon stacking was too amazing.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#101 FrontBurnr

FrontBurnr

Official Representative

• Retailer Representative

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

One thing that i hated when buying new releases at kmart was missing out on dlc that other stores would have.

Josh, try and get exclusive dlc for some titles. TRU has done it before.

TRU definitely carries more market share than I had at Kmart, definitely something to work on.

#102 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

Welcome back! Hoping for some good deals. I will shop at TRU if the deals are good enough. Try to get something for Pokemon X/Y.

#103 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

Will be interesting to see what he can do with Toys-R-Us, KMART-Gamer was great while it lasted. The deals were amazing, but of course things frequently didn't run smoothly because of the stores failures'. Honestly it's going to be a pretty big challenge for him to bring deals at Toys-R-Us IMO. Their online shipping kills almost all deals, and their store (around here) isn't well stocked. They are almost, almost as challenged as KMART IMO (in terms of foot traffic it might be worse).

Toys-R-Us around here is at least in a nicer/newer shopping center, but their stock is very barren (although I can look past the old "clearance" stock if there are legit great deals on new releases). Hopefully what Josh is able to bring to the table can at least be effective in all areas in the country... and not just at certain stores that bother to participate.

#104 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

You probably mean their coupons. Rewards don't have that restriction:

Rewards"R"Us Members who are not "R"Us Credit Cardholders - "R"Us Reward Dollars can be used towards the one-time purchase of qualifying products in-store or online at Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us. Excludes gift cards, diapers, formula, photo studios, Thyme Maternity, Buyer Protection Plan, assembly fee, breast-pump rental fee, delivery fee, and shipping & handling. Value is forfeited if item is returned. If used in-store, certificates must be surrendered at the time of purchase. Only one "R"Us Reward Dollar certificate can be redeemed per item for online purchases. Certificate prorated among eligible items purchased. See additional Terms and Conditions.

I can't speak for it at the moment but I can confirm that the RZ certs did not work on games last year. It was a change that even prim4444 confirmed himself.

#105 Uso

Uso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

Welcome back Josh! I'll stock up some TRU GC for your deals.

#106 PDJ

PDJ

O I can change this?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:17 PM

Welcome back. I hope you have great success with Tru! And in the meantime, deliver us sweet deals :-) no pressure lol.

#107 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

josh is this you ? omg welcome back !!!!!! kmart turned into a dump when you left my friend
Currently playing
:ps4: watch dogs, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#108 FrontBurnr

FrontBurnr

Official Representative

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:24 PM

Welcome back. I hope you have great success with Tru! And in the meantime, deliver us sweet deals :-) no pressure lol.

None at all, right :)

#109 Rictor

Rictor

I like big butts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

Small suggestions: Sorting by price and console would be nice.

#110 GTAERgameing

GTAERgameing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:01 PM

Welcome back Josh! :wave: Now if only TRU was in west lebanon, NH.

Currently Playing:joystick: Updated: 5/12/14
:ps3: Gran Turismo 5, Bulletstorm, Mortal Kombat  :vita: Wipeout 2048

Last Game Finished: \\ :D/ Updated: 5/12/14

Spoiler

#111 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:04 PM

come on tru deals, make me want to shop there like i used to !!!!
Currently playing
:ps4: watch dogs, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#112 Dahk

Dahk

You Know Nothing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:16 PM

Start us off with a nice deal on Skyrim Legendary!

Currently Playing
:ps3: Tales of Symphonia

DahkX.png

#113 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:25 PM

come on tru deals, make me want to shop there like i used to !!!!

"I don't wanna grow up..." :cry:

#114 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:43 PM

ITS JOSH

My lord has returned. And I live within walking distance of a store, too. MAKE ME PROUD JOSH
Posted Image

#115 kart007k

kart007k

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:47 PM

Biggest problem with TRU is that the stuff goes OOS pretty quickly since they only keep certain qty. on hand.
"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. " - Layer Cake

#116 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

I can't speak for it at the moment but I can confirm that the RZ certs did not work on games last year. It was a change that even prim4444 confirmed himself.

It may have changed recently because I remember trying to use it before Easter to purchase some Skylander figures and the register wouldn't let me use it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#117 FrontBurnr

FrontBurnr

Official Representative

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:04 PM

ITS JOSH

My lord has returned. And I live within walking distance of a store, too. MAKE ME PROUD JOSH

I will do my best :) They have a great buying team over there. I think it is going to work out really well for everyone.

#118 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:05 PM

Noticed your twitter posts Josh. Welcome back.

#119 FrontBurnr

FrontBurnr

Official Representative

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:06 PM

Biggest problem with TRU is that the stuff goes OOS pretty quickly since they only keep certain qty. on hand.

Retail in general for the most part, especially this late into the cycle. It should rebound soon and I will be able to help out in particular providing context to certain stores that you think need help from an inventory perspective.

#120 PontiusPilate

PontiusPilate

Climbing People's Soapbox

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

TRU is overall a better customer service experience. Kmart was impossible to find anyone working near electronics to get into the game case. TRU issue can be finding someone available to help you in the game case when they are busier. If I go to TRU I try to go during the daytime on a weekday when it's empty, but don't even bother on the weekend or even some afternoons.

A Video Game Deal of the Day seems like a no brainer. That alone gets me to check what Best Buy is doing on a regular basis.

I can understand using coupons or gift cards to drive brand loyalty to TRU so I'm sure that's nothing new.

I never even consider TRU.com for a purchase due to the shipping charges, so obviously that's a consideration. One really awesome feature that no stores seem to do is make it possible to order something from another TRU. For example if I am trying to get the last copy of Chicken Shoot 2 on the GameBoy Advance and you have a store that has it in stock, allow me to order that for purchase or create a process in which something could be transferred to a local store for purchase.

Likewise, there are a number of items that TRU may have carried in the past, with limited stock remaining company wide, but it's not available where I can pick it up. The first issue is finding out if TRU even has any stores with the product, let alone trying to figure out which stores would have it. These items are no longer listed on the website so the chances are pretty low to clear this merchandise.