TRU: $25 Gift Card w/WiiU, Save $20 on any 2 PS4/XboxOne Games / Updated Through Dec. 31st

FrontBurnr

Official Representative
Select deals valid Sunday, December 15 through Saturday, Dec 21 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• FREE $25 Toys“R”Us Gift Card with ANY Wii U video game system purchase**
  • BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure single figures, adventure packs or character 3-packs – prices vary***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games $19.99 or less***
  • SAVE $20 on ANY two (2) PlayStation4 or Xbox One video games – prices vary
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity starter kits – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • 2 for $22 ANY Skylanders SWAP Force figures
  • 2 for $18 ANY Disney Infinity figures
  • 2 for $8 Disney Infinity Power Discs
Select deals valid Sunday, December 22 through Tuesday, December 24 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• BUY ONE GET ONE 50% OFF ALL Skylanders Giants and Spyro’s Adventure single figures and video game accessories***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 30% OFF ALL video games ***
  • SAVE $30 Nintendo 3DS XL game system – Was $199.99; Now $169.99
  • SAVE $20 on tabeo e2 – Was $129.99; Now $109.99 (Limit 2 per customer)
  • SAVE $15 on Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99   
Select deals valid Thursday, December 26 through Tuesday, December 31 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:  

• BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games ***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures and accessories ***
--

*Limit 1 per customer
**Offer available in store only. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Promotional Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 2/1/14, except where prohibited. Limit one Promotional Gift Card per guest. See card for Terms & Conditions. See store or Toysrus.com/helpdesk for return policy details concerning this promotion. Offers cannot be combined. Discounts and Promotions: The refund value for each item returned will be reduced to reflect the value of a free item or discount. See a Team Member or visit Toysrus.com for additional detail.
***Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to the lowest priced item purchased. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Prices, offers and exclusions may vary online, and at Toys“R”Us Times Square, Express and Outlet stores. Selection varies by store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome back. We missed some of the great deals you use to provide for us in the Kmart thread. Glad you are back and looking forward to more great deals from u.

[quote name='happydogs']Welcome back. I expect good things![/QUOTE]
Much appreciated! I'm going to have fun with this one!

Well I am glad you are back! If you bring any of the amazing deals that you had at Kmart, I will be so happy! Any sort of coupon (or discount) on a day one release, or bonus offer with PSN cards or Xbox Live points would be a good start.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']Nice! Looking forward for more deals![/QUOTE]
Me too, I am working directly with the buying team each week on what offers everyone wants to see, where the community says they can improve and general concerns.

TRU has a huge amount of potential and their team really does want to do it right. To do that, pretty easy, listen to CAG.

[quote name='confoosious']Hey dude! Welcome back. Beware the bottom feeders on this site that hate you.[/QUOTE]
Can't please them all :) I am not the one in the drivers seat this time so hopefully not all the hate rains down upon me lol. But since I work directly with them I can be a really good loudspeaker for everyone.

Welcome back. If you can, please suggest to TRU that they stop excluding video games in EVERY coupon.

That's why I stopped shopping there.

And good job with Frontburnr so far!

[quote name='jkircos']Well I am glad you are back! If you bring any of the amazing deals that you had at Kmart, I will be so happy! Any sort of coupon (or discount) on a day one release, or bonus offer with PSN cards or Xbox Live points would be a good start.[/QUOTE]
Great suggestions as always, I'll keep takin' notes.

[quote name='jkircos']Well I am glad you are back! If you bring any of the amazing deals that you had at Kmart, I will be so happy! Any sort of coupon (or discount) on a day one release, or bonus offer with PSN cards or Xbox Live points would be a good start.[/QUOTE]

^This. Speaking from your business point, you would want to do coupons. That way PMs are a lot more YMMV for people looking to buy it at say Best Buy.

Welcome back! You and your team helped me with getting deals online. I want to say thanks again for all your help.

TrU will definitely see an increase in business with your help. I'm glad to see you back but my wallet won't be lol.

[quote name='j_mccarty5']Welcome back. If you can, please suggest to TRU that they stop excluding video games in EVERY coupon.[/QUOTE]

Yep that, and $20 or $25 gift cards/discounts on new games and I'm in. Anything else and I may not bother going to store because of distance and tax. Also online needs free shipping if they still have the ridiculous shipping prices for games.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yep that, and $20 or $25 gift cards/discounts on new games and I'm in. Anything else and I may not bother going to store because of distance and tax. Also online needs free shipping if they still have the ridiculous shipping prices for games.[/QUOTE]
Good stuff, thanks!

I would love to be able to use shoprunner on video games. Hell any kind of shipping promotion other the crazy ones offered now. I have passed on so many purchases because of crazy shipping costs.

Josh, could you add those kinectimals with bears and plushies to the 3 for 40 list. They are 14.99 now. Would like one of those.

Welcome back. Looks like you have a better platform to do your thing now.

[quote name='j_mccarty5']Welcome back. If you can, please suggest to TRU that they stop excluding video games in EVERY coupon.

That's why I stopped shopping there.

And good job with Frontburnr so far![/QUOTE]

This! I'm in the same boat.

I can hear it now: "TRU-Gamer killed clearance! I can't get Deepak Chopra's Leela for $3 anymore! He needs to be fired!" :D

The best thing about the potential of 20/25/30 gift cards/coupon deals at TRU as opposed to Kmart is... I won't have to step foot in kmart.

Welcome back!!!!, Luved ur deals in k-mart when u were running things, Now dat ur back & working with tru it will give me a reason to buy some games from them cause the last time in bought a game from tru was wen batman arkham asylum was released

[quote name='confoosious']I can hear it now: "TRU-Gamer killed clearance! I can't get Deepak Chopra's Leela for $3 anymore! He needs to be fired!" :D

The best thing about the potential of 20/25/30 gift cards/coupon deals at TRU as opposed to Kmart is... I won't have to step foot in kmart.[/QUOTE]

I'm just glad we won't have to deal that reward card BS from Kmart anymore.

I remember the good ol' days of getting sweet Kmart deals, that Crysis 2 deal was one of the best! Dare I say FrontBurnr will lead to big things?

1. Have Shoprunner work on video games and Skylanders figures.
2. No more video game coupon exclusions or atleast have video game coupons.
3. Improve the TRU rewards program so the rewards work on video games.
4. Match the current Best Buy offers of $20 credit.
5. More aggressive sales on older games.
6. Have a sale on Metro: Last Light.
7. Lowered shipping costs. Shipping kills the deal.
8. More tie-ins of a free special action figure with purchase of game.
9. Keep up the quality of sales like $35 Skylanders Starter Pack.

I would much rather give my business to TRU then to Best Buy or K-Mart. I have never had a customer service nightmare at TRU unlike all other stores.

[quote name='LordVila']1. Have Shoprunner work on video games and Skylanders figures.
2. No more video game coupon exclusions or atleast have video game coupons.
3. Improve the TRU rewards program so the rewards work on video games.
4. Match the current Best Buy offers of $20 credit.
5. More aggressive sales on older games.
6. Have a sale on Metro: Last Light.
7. Lowered shipping costs. Shipping kills the deal.
8. More tie-ins of a free special action figure with purchase of game.
9. Keep up the quality of sales like $35 Skylanders Starter Pack.

I would much rather give my business to TRU then to Best Buy or K-Mart. I have never had a customer service nightmare at TRU unlike all other stores.[/QUOTE]
Great feedback, exactly what I'm looking for. Really appreciate it.

Glad to see you again!! I hadn't been in a Kmart in years until all of those great gaming deals came along

Not sure if you can do much about but it would be great if they could fix the way their rewardsrus dollars are handed out. More along the lines of best buy rather than at the end of some arbitrary date we will issue them. Mine alway got split and I couldn't use them together so I didn't bother going in at all.
Perhaps they could even make a RZone specific rewards.

Also besides the deals on games they should partner more with shopkick.. Scans, bonus kicks for spending a certain amount and coupons. This is a lot of the reason I shop at best buy. I can price match, earn shopkicks, earn reward zone points and earn rewards from my cc all from one stop. More bang for my buck that's how you get me in the door

[quote name='killercane']TRU doesnt really clearance things to cheap prices so that is a nonissue.[/QUOTE]

That's not tru (sorry) at all. I picked up Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE at $9.99, down from $99.99

[quote name='Scorch']That's not tru (sorry) at all. I picked up Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE at $9.99, down from $99.99[/QUOTE]

yeah, i remember buying that Nike game with the heart monitor for 9.96 a few years back.

[quote name='killercane']Josh, could you add those kinectimals with bears and plushies to the 3 for 40 list. They are 14.99 now. Would like one of those.

Welcome back. Looks like you have a better platform to do your thing now.[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure if I can add anything this go around. We're working on the process and I'm learning quickly how they manage their promotional timing but will put the request in my updates and requests without question.

[quote name='Draknight']I'm just glad we won't have to deal that reward card BS from Kmart anymore.[/QUOTE]
Ha! Me too :)

[quote name='Deadacezero']I would love to be able to use shoprunner on video games. Hell any kind of shipping promotion other the crazy ones offered now. I have passed on so many purchases because of crazy shipping costs.[/QUOTE]
Thank you, this seems to be a common theme.

Welcome back Josh!

I concur with the recommendations regarding online - my local TRU closed down, but I'd be happy to buy from TRU.com if more coupons, GCs, Shoprunner, and other deals were available from the website.

I would LOVE a return to the coupon days! I have never bought new releases like I did during the Kmart coupon deals. Haven't since. Toysrus electronics employees are a lot more helpful around here than the Kmart guys were. I kind of miss my battles with my nemesis Roy. He would tell me games come out on Tuesday, not Sunday, when I would go to pick up a new 3DS game. We went a few rounds. Good times.

Edit: welcome back Josh! Been enjoying frontburnr too. Great Xbox One article

[quote name='rhbergmann86']I would LOVE a return to the coupon days! I have never bought new releases like I did during the Kmart coupon deals. Haven't since. Toysrus electronics employees are a lot more helpful around here than the Kmart guys were. I kind of miss my battles with my nemesis Roy. He would tell me games come out on Tuesday, not Sunday, when I would go to pick up a new 3DS game. We went a few rounds. Good times.

Edit: welcome back Josh! Been enjoying frontburnr too. Great Xbox One article[/QUOTE]
I've had the same experience. My local TRU is great, really helpful people and always know what is going on.

[quote name='rhbergmann86']I would LOVE a return to the coupon days! I have never bought new releases like I did during the Kmart coupon deals. Haven't since. Toysrus electronics employees are a lot more helpful around here than the Kmart guys were. I kind of miss my battles with my nemesis Roy. He would tell me games come out on Tuesday, not Sunday, when I would go to pick up a new 3DS game. We went a few rounds. Good times.

Edit: welcome back Josh! Been enjoying frontburnr too. Great Xbox One article[/QUOTE]
Thanks! I've really enjoyed getting back into writing. I never had much time at Kmart to do it. I'm hoping to launch our full community site in the next month and really get it going.

Side note: Coupons do appear possible, working with them on that.

Nice, welcome back Josh!

I'd like to see something like the Kmart Vanquish deal in 2010:
"Buy Vanquish, get a $20 coupon, and save $30 off a list of recent titles".

Or even something like the Kmart LA Noire deal:
"Buy LA Noire, get a $20 coupon, and get a free $20 game".

[quote name='invizibleskratchpikl']Nice, welcome back Josh!

I'd like to see something like the Kmart Vanquish deal in 2010:
"Buy Vanquish, get a $20 coupon, and save $30 off a list of recent titles".

Or even something like the Kmart LA Noire deal:
"Buy LA Noire, get a $20 coupon, and get a free $20 game".[/QUOTE]
Of course you pick the two deals that got me in serious trouble lol :) I agree, those were hot and that would be a really cool repeat.

bread's done
Back