(DEAD) Xenoblade Chronicles $59.99 Pre-Owned @ Gamestop.com

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#31 SchumiF1

SchumiF1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:36 AM

lol... 889 sold listings since Feb on eBay, people are definitely capitalizing on this game.

The frustrating thing is a good chunk of those are probably resellers buying from resellers. So each sale they have to bring up their price to make a profit. ie reseller buys it for $60 so then they try to sell it for $75 and so on, constantly driving the cost up.
Posted Image

#32 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:39 AM

Dammit... I've been trying to get an NTSC copy for my collection for ages. Figures I miss it. Really wish I bought one when they had a bunch of new copies in stock late last year.:-/

On the plus side, this actually started to show up as "pickup in store" but they've all been pretty far away (1+ hour drive).

Currently playing:
:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#33 animemaniac14

animemaniac14

Do the Monkey w/Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:44 AM

so can we move this to the graveyard before it becomes an all out battle b/n flippers and non-flippers? Because seriously, we've heard enough of those and honestly, no one cares. Flippers gonna flip, haters gonna hate. plain and simple

[DVDs=727] [VGs=434

Free Gift Cards > Sex with a Blueshirt

#34 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:47 AM

You guys know you can emulate Wii on your PC, right?

#35 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:47 AM

I have a factory sealed Xenoblade for trade if anyone is interested..

I'll trade it for a gutted copy of Too Human that comes with a rare vintage "NEW" sticker on the front that is in mint condition.

#36 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:06 AM

Are there any other games Gamestop has raised the used game price $10 over new game MSRP?

Metroid Prime Trilogy.

apathy.gif                                                                                                                                     NothingfaceICON1.gif

#37 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:09 AM

Dammit... I've been trying to get an NTSC copy for my collection for ages. Figures I miss it. Really wish I bought one when they had a bunch of new copies in stock late last year.:-/

On the plus side, this actually started to show up as "pickup in store" but they've all been pretty far away (1+ hour drive).

No inventory within 100 miles for me. I even input two far zip codes from where I actually live and where I'm staying now.

#38 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:17 AM

I got lucky and snagged a pristine complete copy for 35 bucks after $20 off used coupon and PUR back in March.

Was only the second time I've ever found a use for those shitty PUR points, but it pretty much compensates their uselesness overall.

apathy.gif                                                                                                                                     NothingfaceICON1.gif

#39 Waggles

Waggles

What the funk n waggle are you talkin' bout?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:22 AM

Bought this game on launch at gamestop; never imagined it would actually get this rare. they should release a special edition of the new one on Wii U with a graphically updated port of this one. I would buy a Wii U just for that! For that matter, i feel like a 3ds version would be equally as amazing.

#40 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:26 AM

Bought this game on launch at gamestop; never imagined it would actually get this rare. they should release a special edition of the new one on Wii U with a graphically updated port of this one. I would buy a Wii U just for that! For that matter, i feel like a 3ds version would be equally as amazing.

It looks great in dolphin upscaled with AF and AA.

#41 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:38 AM

Xenoblade is the new Earthbound.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#42 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:47 AM

This thread needs to go to Deal Graveyard ASAP.

Damn. Why did I bump this.

#43 FEN1XD0WN

FEN1XD0WN

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:08 AM

there appears to be one in va beach if anyone is interested. too far for me.

#44 Super Sonic

Super Sonic

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:58 AM

If you want to play the game that bad you might better download it and play it in higher quality 1080p quality (assuming the your video card is up to snuff of course)

At this point buying it used or buying it from a price gouging flipper really isn't going to give Nintendo nor the people who made this game one red cent in support.

#45 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:59 AM

$10 over MSRP for a Pre-Owned game.

Man, what, Gamestop?

oIi9lub.png

#46 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:00 AM

I bought a copy and sold it with the art book all sealed for $40 right after launch because I changed my mine... I've been punching myself in the face ever since.

that's funny because a friend of mine canceled his preorder a month before release and ended up buying a new USA copy on ebay for under $50 (no artbook though) s few days before the game came out.

A few weeks ago I noticed a store listed it as "low stock". I checked the store around 1pm. The guy laughed when I asked saying there were several people that have asked before me and the guy that bought it was waiting outside before opening (8am).

#47 jukkakhan

jukkakhan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:45 AM

$10 over MSRP for a Pre-Owned game.

Man, what, Gamestop?

Supply and demand. Have you seen what other people are charging for it on Ebay or Amazon?

#48 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:22 AM

you sure fire emblem 3ds is rare. i see that game everywhere.

glad i bought xenoblade though. it was fun

it could theoretically become rare. fire emblem games tend to do that eventually

#49 Joe Fongul

Joe Fongul

Slave to the Grind..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:31 PM

I would say if you want a copy, try to research by checking different zip codes in your state and then have them transship the game for you to your store (if you can find a GS employee that is willing to 'go the extra mile'). They can even check the closest store to their location as well.

Personally, I noticed a used copy was in stock via the GS website locally this last Sunday & when dropping into the store found out that their copy was on hold to ship to New York (from CA no less...). However, they were able to check GS inventory on the spot and found a willing GS in CA that would ship their copy out to my local store. They received the used copy of Xenoblade Chronicles on Tuesday and I was able to pick it up finally.
Posted Image

#50 tukai

tukai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

I've been on the fence on selling mine. I bought it on launch day and have the artbook GS bonus. I played it for 15 hours but not since and it just collects dust. I'm an RPG fan, but just don't have the time to play it. I almost traded it in to GS recently but got cold feet.

#51 ARsignal11

ARsignal11

Pirate King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:23 PM

Nintendo should re-release this on Wii U before X comes out. Or make a big deal about reprinting it for Wii

Rumor has it that Nintendo is going to do that and will be talking about that at E3. Forgot where I read it but it was apparently a credible source who has leaked other "came-true" rumors.

#52 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:30 PM

Bah, shouldn't have opened my sealed copy I got for $40.

#53 Tarskidx

Tarskidx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:32 PM

Don't regret if you opened yours as it does have collectability both used and opened. There are only so many of these in the US and many won't resell or trade theirs so if you just want to play this gem, this is the only way you can do it. Now if Xenoblade had a collector's and standard version, I can see you kicking yourself.

#54 Chocoburger

Chocoburger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:57 PM

If people really wanted to play the game they would have done so before the game went oop. Funny how everybody wants it now, glad I picked up my game on release day.

I really hate when people say that. Only the video game industry has this problem. Movies and music can never become rare (at least, as long as they are legally downloadable from e-tailers).

I did wait, and sure I regret it, but so what? I just have a massive back log so I thought to wait it out for a bit, and yeah that was a mistake. This game went out of print a bit too fast, and I blame Nintendo.

#55 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

I really hate when people say that. Only the video game industry has this problem. Movies and music can never become rare (at least, as long as they are legally downloadable from e-tailers).

I did wait, and sure I regret it, but so what? I just have a massive back log so I thought to wait it out for a bit, and yeah that was a mistake. This game went out of print a bit too fast, and I blame Nintendo.

A little bit, I never picked it up because the Game Stops near me only had "new" copies, and I won't buy an opened game at a new price.

I found out Nintendo sold them for a short time, after they stopped selling them >.>

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#56 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

So glad I picked this up last summer for $43 used.

#57 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:46 PM

Picked mine up on release day; hanging on to it. An used, open copy is still $100 on Amazon.

Just got Pandora's Tower, so that with Xenoblade and Last Story, completes the whole Project Rainfall set. They're all top notch games.

cagSig.png515886.png

#58 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:50 PM

Personally, I noticed a used copy was in stock via the GS website locally this last Sunday & when dropping into the store found out that their copy was on hold to ship to New York (from CA no less...). However, they were able to check GS inventory on the spot and found a willing GS in CA that would ship their copy out to my local store. They received the used copy of Xenoblade Chronicles on Tuesday and I was able to pick it up finally.

New Yorkers are taking our copies? That's not good.

Nobody around here would get a copy of Xenoblade shipped to the store for me. One of the employees said that I could try, but they only would consider it for a larger order of games.

#59 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:04 PM

Several months ago I was in talks with a CAG seeing if he could get a copy for me. Apparently this guy has called stores around the country and got them to ship the game to him (he doesn't work at GS but told me the stores think he does). I think he got over a dozen copies. I asked him how he does it since we're from different states but then he started bragging that he had just gotten a FL store to send one to him in CT.

#60 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

Several months ago I was in talks with a CAG seeing if he could get a copy for me. Apparently this guy has called stores around the country and got them to ship the game to him (he doesn't work at GS but told me the stores think he does). I think he got over a dozen copies. I asked him how he does it since we're from different states but then he started bragging that he had just gotten a FL store to send one to him in CT.

Any store near me that gets one in, its gone; "another store had us ship it to them"

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji