*DEAD* Skyrim Legendary Hardcover Guide $25 at Bestbuy.com after Gamers coupon

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#31 Bumslie

Bumslie

Positive Mental Attitude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

Hmmm... so the only bonus in the CE guide (other than the fancy cover & ribbon) is the poster?
I'm such a sucker for these things but man, even the $10 extra at half price seems hard to justify

This is Amazons description and looks like the poster is signed by Bethesda Game Studios.

COLLECTOR'S EDITION BONUSES INCLUDE-
EXCLUSIVE POSTER - 24" accordion style poster displaying Alduin’s Wall and signatures from Bethesda Game Studios!
RIBBON BOOKMARKS - Use premium ribbon bookmarks to keep your place in this massive guide!
HARDCOVER BOUND - This keepsake is protected by a stylized protective hardcover for collectors and fans.
UPDATED eGUIDE ACCESS – Use the interactive world map, which now includes Solstheim and additional Dragonborn™ content.

BumslieOG.png

#32 TheMaximumC

TheMaximumC

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:54 PM

Think this is something people will pay a lot for later? I regret not getting the collectors edition guide at launch.

#33 Portman

Portman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

Thanks for the heads up, I went ahead and got an order in for that price.

Hopefully it doesn't get messed up during shipment but I'll wait and see.

#34 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:50 PM

This is Amazons description and looks like the poster is signed by Bethesda Game Studios.

COLLECTOR'S EDITION BONUSES INCLUDE-
EXCLUSIVE POSTER - 24" accordion style poster displaying Alduin’s Wall and signatures from Bethesda Game Studios!
RIBBON BOOKMARKS - Use premium ribbon bookmarks to keep your place in this massive guide!
HARDCOVER BOUND - This keepsake is protected by a stylized protective hardcover for collectors and fans.
UPDATED eGUIDE ACCESS – Use the interactive world map, which now includes Solstheim and additional Dragonborn™ content.

The non-CE (paperback) also lists the updated eGuide access as a feature.

#35 Dalrint

Dalrint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:12 PM

Kind of related because of the coupon but do you guys think the bioshock HC guide is worth it at 18.50?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#36 doc_j88

doc_j88

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:43 PM

Yes, any hard cover book sub-$20 is worth it

#37 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

They just cant be in the same transaction. I got Starcraft CE, last of us CE and Skyrim CE . Just had to do them one at a time.

Edit: the guides ive received so far have come in HUGE boxes. So big the guide bounces around inside, which damaged the corners.

I think you can do a MAX of three orders? I can't get the fourth one to work, no more 50%...

#38 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:19 PM

Kind of related because of the coupon but do you guys think the bioshock HC guide is worth it at 18.50?

Keep in mind that (like the Skyrim guide) the BioShock Infinite CE contents is the same as the standard (non-HC). Also, FWIW, it's a lot thinner than most other CE's you'll see at BB now (AC III, Halo 4, etc.) - half the package seems to be styrofoam padding with a cutout for the key.

#39 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:38 PM

I think you can do a MAX of three orders? I can't get the fourth one to work, no more 50%...

Clear your cookies and try again.
I've ordered 7 guides since this started.

#40 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:33 PM

Also keep in mind that Bioshock Infinite really, really does not require any sort of guide. As an experience it's great, as a game it really has no replay value and very few secrets.

#41 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:07 AM

A good deal, but it just seems like so much to pay after years of penny guide fun at best buy and game stop .

I agree, but if cag want it now then its still good. I can wait...;)

#42 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:33 AM

Thanks for the heads-up. Ordered a copy for my kid. Fancy hardback and all.

#43 Trojann

Trojann

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:14 AM

Do you have to pay to be in the Gamer Zone to get this discount?

#44 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:21 AM

Do you have to pay to be in the Gamer Zone to get this discount?

No. They try to sell you on some "Gamers Zone Unlocked" membership but the basic level was enough for me to get the discount.

#45 doi

doi

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:32 AM

what's the difference between the Signature Series Guide and the Limited Edition Guide?

#46 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:22 AM

Clear your cookies and try again.
I've ordered 7 guides since this started.

You're right, after clearing the cookies, I was able to purchase my fourth order, thanks.

#47 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:48 AM

awesome, got Skyrim.

#48 mikepeluso

mikepeluso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:45 AM

I just got my Skyrim Legendary edtion paperback guide from Best Buy and it arrived in a huge bubble wrap mailer and was beat up bad and creased down the whole cover and there was no wrapping or plastic around the book.I saw on Amazon they are plastic wrapped in the reviews and in the past I bought all the fallout 3/NV guides from amazon and Best Buy and they were all wrapped and in great shape.Does anyone know if that is just amazon that wraps or is that wrapped in plastic from the maker?

Thanks

#49 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:32 AM

Makes me sick that the regular price for this thing is $50. That's the price of 2 games for a normal gamer and the price of at least 5 games for a CAG. Didn't ever think I'd see a guide more expensive than the LE Halo 4 guide for $40, but it seems that these companies' greed is insatiable.

It was $5 for me after a $20 RZC so no complaints! Lol

xivpads.png

#50 Veridis_Quo

Veridis_Quo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:41 AM

I just received mine in the mail. It came in great condition!

#51 Methoes

Methoes

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:51 AM

I got my in the mail today also.  It was wrapped in one of those bubble wrap shipping bag.  Overall is in good condition.  The corner is a little bent but that happens with books.  I'm happy with it for the price that I got it at. 

#52 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:54 AM

Posted in the other CE thread but my copy got trashed.  Top corners got bent and the bottom of the binding side has a 1/2" rip up the binding.  So I went to my BB and they put in for a ship to store order, returned my original order and then discounted the ship to store to $25 so I'm happy as it should come to the store in much better shape.

Interesting thing though.  She mentioned that it's been labeled as discontinued.  So if you're expecting stores to replenish, I wouldn't hold my breath.  Seems like this one might be tough to find in stores.  Only one had listed stock, one copy at the Blossom Hill store if anyone is in the San Jose area.

#53 mikepeluso

mikepeluso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:00 AM

Anyone get the paperback wrapped in any plastic or anything or are all of them from Best Buy opened with no wrapping of any kind?

Thanks