Just got back into Yugioh, and apparently pulled the rarest card...

TheXMiz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
166 (100%)
About 10 years ago my friends and I used to play Yu-Gi-Oh! religiously but haven't even thought about them since. About 3 weeks ago one of my froends found his old cards (I had sold mine) and we decided to build some decks and play.

My friend was a real collector and has multiples of all the good old cards, so dueling was pretty damn fun. We decided to get back into it, so we went and bought a few packs and were very confused with all the xyz and synchro monsters, but that's beside the point.

Today I was at Walmart and decided to buy a pack of the newest yugioh set, and pulled what is apparently the most sought after card out there.

Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack

Upon looking this card up I nearly fainted seeing the prices it was going for. Can anyone tell me why it is so rare and would anyone be interested in buying it? I just duel mY friends so it's not worth it to keep. I'll sell it cheap to a CAG!

Thanks!

MikE

How much is it selling for? Also, why sell it for cheap if you can make a killing on it? Get as much for it as you can.

You mean 15-20 below 150, not just 15-20, right? That's certainly reasonable since that's roughly equivalent to the ebay fees. Congrats, BTW.

It goes for so much because they only put 1 or 2 in every box of booster packs. Said boxes usually have 36 or 48 packs.

Don't hook up anybody too extravagantly, I've seen people get a dirt cheap price on rare collectables only to turn around and sell it acting like they did nothing wrong. If you anybody offers you at the very least $30 below the selling value I wouldn't bother.

Same reason I still have multiple copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy, I picked them up for $14 a piece and found out the hard way when I found out they wanted to resell on my good fortune, there are very few people I would hook up on CAG because of this.

[quote name='TheXMiz']150 consistently. And I figured I'd help a CAG out (like 15-20 bucks, nothin crazy haha)[/QUOTE]

The top Yugioh rares always sell for $100-$200 on the grey market.

Congrats, you've picked back up the most expensive TCG in history. :) Seriously Magic is way cheaper as long as you stay in Standard format (essentially last 4-7 sets.)

If you want to keep going in Yugioh and you have a 360 or PS3 I would highly suggest getting the Yugioh digital game for $10 as most of the new stuff is in there and you could practice.

They did used to have yearly GBA/DS releases but ended that a couple of years ago.

I never collected Yu-Gi-Oh, but when I played CCGs, I would never pull an extremely rare card out of a booster pack from a retail store because persons around my area used scales or calipers to differentiate which packs had holofoils and which didn't, thereby depleting the extremely rare holofoil cards. This is just a fyi

Stores have caught on. A lot of the booster packs now use a lighter foil and often put them up next to the registers.

Congrats op. I'd consider buying it off you, but I'm kinda on the fence of retiring myself. Definitely do not keep that card unless you plan on plating "meta" and going to big tournaments.

If you're playing casual / semi-casual you can piece together really good decks for cheap. Konami is really good at reprinting all of those $100+ cards 8-12 months after release. Just look at Tour Guide From the Underworld - she was consistently hitting $180 each last year, now she's a $6 at best thanks to reprints.

Stay clear of the digital YGO game, its kinda terrible and grossly outdated. It follows all the way up till mid-2009, and the single player is a joke.

If you wanna play YGO digitally, I suggest www.duelingnetwork.com. has its downsides, but you get access to all the cards, can play against anyone and its a browser game.

Pretty cool story, thanks for posting. This game used to be my life when I was younger. I think about picking it up again quite often, but I know it is just the nostalgia getting to me. Had some of the best times with this game.

Shame that it went down the drain with all the synchro/xyz stuff. Doesn't seem fun at all anymore.

I remember back when I used to play the comic shop near me has a machine where you put like 2 quarters in and got 3ish cards back. I got one of the rare expensive exodia cards and instantly went up to the counter and traded it in for some more cards/packs. Young me probably felt really awesome that day lol

[quote name='Yamato']Shame that it went down the drain with all the synchro/xyz stuff. Doesn't seem fun at all anymore.[/QUOTE]

Synchros are pretty neat, as they are basically Fusions without needing Polymerization, but XYZ Monsters aren't as cool.

bread's done
Back