Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn CE [Canada]

VetraX

CAGiversary!
Just announced. You can read it on the site page here.

Available August 27th.

PS3/PC Regular: $39.99/$29.99
PS3/PC Collectors: $79.99/$69.99

a_realm_reborn_collectors.jpg

EB already has it up on their site here.

There's more information about the overall package and subscription here on SE's blog post.

Important Notes: The collector's edition of the PC will be exclusive to the SE store. Every new account gets a one month free trial. This game features cross-platform play, so PS3 and PC players will be able to play with one another. I believe subscriptions go as follows: $14.99 for a month. $13.99 per month for 3 months. $12.99 per month for 6 months. You're saving on fee per month by signing up for more months.

This definitely caught my eye. I'm not really into MMOs, but I wouldn't mind trying it out myself. Alot of people are enthusiastic about it this time around. I'm not entirely sure if the pricing is USD or CAD. Maybe someone else can clarify that.

I'd love to try an MMO, but I'm not interested in a monthly bill. I'm assuming this game requires a monthly fee?

[quote name='Aquablak']I'd love to try an MMO, but I'm not interested in a monthly bill. I'm assuming this game requires a monthly fee?[/QUOTE]

that's what my friends tell me. it will have a monthly fee.

I am so ready for this. Lost so much of my life to FFXI but I'm sure now that I'm older I will have more self control...

Haven't been much of an MMO guy, but I did have FFXI on ps2 way back when and absolutely loved it. Not sure I have the time for it these days, but this is tempting.

Does anyone know what the deal with the "early access" is?

[quote name='Aquablak']I'd love to try an MMO, but I'm not interested in a monthly bill. I'm assuming this game requires a monthly fee?[/QUOTE]

Did you read the OP? All the info was in there.... :roll:

[quote name='adayinthelife']
Does anyone know what the deal with the "early access" is?[/QUOTE]

Like all MMO early access, it just means the people who buy the CE get to play 1-3 days ahead of the Official launch date (opening of) the servers.

[quote name='HyeVltg3']Like all MMO early access, it just means the people who buy the CE get to play 1-3 days ahead of the Official launch date (opening of) the servers.[/QUOTE]

Ah, via a download code or something?

Most likely a redeemable code packaged in all the CE versions.
So It'll tie to your PSNID and only those PSNIDs with the CE Code redeemed, will be allowed to log in earlier than the rest.

Going to Pre-order CE version either tomorrow( If I have a reason to head to area with my local gamestop[EBGames here in Canada] ) or monday.... Will CAG have its own guild? =O

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually hate CE but I was a longtime FFXIer on Carbuncle and did buy the CE for FFXIV. I might be buying this if I ever get into the damn beta or hear positive word of mouth about it. I hope the holdovers from FFXI give it a chance since it was a laughingstock to the FFXI community.

bread's done
Back