Microsoftstore.com 1200 points for $4.99

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4892 replies to this topic

#841 RoYz UhMaZinG

RoYz UhMaZinG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:25 AM

Admittedly I am late, and I'm not going to argue, really, it's up to people to do what they think is right, but personally I couldn't justify using this more than once or maybe twice (I have used a code once, which is where I'm going to stop, tempted as I am to double-dip).

I don't think being a "true CAG" is exploiting something until it's dead and getting as much as you possibly can individually. I think it's taking advantage, thanking somebody, and passing it on.

The "every man for himself" thing is what a lot of people here criticize SD for, and I've always liked that this place tried to have a less exploitative approach, recognizing that it's a community.

Obviously that only goes so far, and I'm not trying to be preachy or set myself up as better than anybody; it's just how I feel personally. Not accusing you or anyone else of anything, just sharing my view. As with many things around here, YMMV.

Anyway, good night all. Thanks again and good luck to those still trying.

I understand, it is just too bad not everyone shares the same mindset.

#842 rocko562

rocko562

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:25 AM

I know for a fact one or two codes work..

XboxEMWAoe2bbaqje
XboxEMWAxmtgdqxt6
XboxEMWAfvvj8gy47
XboxEMWApu7m3mzea
XboxEMWAy4a9dijbv

#843 Crazyglitcher

Crazyglitcher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:29 AM

Well, not going to keep refreshing the thread in hopes of someone posting a new code. Again, thanks anyway OP and other generous CAGs. Less thanks to those that got greedy and hosed limited use codes for the rest of us.

Technically they were unlimited until MS saw them "flare up" on the servers and moved to shut them down. And apparently codes have been shut down left and right regardless of the amount of times used. Some have lasted for hours, others mere seconds. So not really the hoarders fault.

#844 Crazyglitcher

Crazyglitcher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:34 AM

Metallllll gearrrrrrrr please come back to daddy. I want to see some "cyborg juice".

Asked this before, but has anyone played Alan Wake: American Nightmare? How was it? I'm wondering if I should go for it, seeing as its 320 right now.

#845 HenDoggy

HenDoggy

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

so for anyone that got there account locked. how did you unlock it? I'm trying to input the points onto my xbox account. but it is giving me an error. Thanks.

#846 Neo

Neo

Microsoft may have gone absolutely insane this past week with the Xbox One reveal garbage, but there is no way they are going to zero out people's MS Point balances no matter what. That is just comical.

Last.fm ----- Flickr ----- Collection ----- XBL Profile

#847 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:37 AM

First 5 people that pm me I'll share my code with. Its worked on 8 pt cards and 2 games and 3 pt cards for my friend. All I ask is dont post it to the public because I dont want slick dealers ir randoms abusing it. I'm not guaranteeing the code will work for you but like I said it keeps working for me. My last order went through but I never got a confirmation email. Dont know if that had to do with the code or just Microsoft getting raped with orders.

Once I give it to 5 I'll post here, so don't bother asking fir the code after that. If the 5 I give the code to all have successful orders I'll share with 5 more until the code is officially dead.

So if I pm you a code, please let others know in here if it goes thru. Thanks!

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#848 blackstarre

blackstarre

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:38 AM

Technically they were unlimited until MS saw them "flare up" on the servers and moved to shut them down. And apparently codes have been shut down left and right regardless of the amount of times used. Some have lasted for hours, others mere seconds. So not really the hoarders fault.

That's interesting; I was solely going off of the OPs statement that they were limited use, and the message on the cart when you successfully input one, but then Microsoft contradicting itself is nothing new. Anyway, between that last batch and the post by Ferrari Racer mentioned by bruceg on page 36, there seem to still be a lot to go around, so no harm, no foul I guess...

#849 G3 Steve-O

G3 Steve-O

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:51 AM

Metallllll gearrrrrrrr please come back to daddy. I want to see some "cyborg juice".

Asked this before, but has anyone played Alan Wake: American Nightmare? How was it? I'm wondering if I should go for it, seeing as its 320 right now.

Alan Wake series is my fav on 360.

Also, I guess I ordered 9 of them, lol. OOOPS. I knew it was at least 6. Also, my card has been charged (pending). How long till I get the codes in email now that the payment is going through.
"The Blackest Eyes. The Devil's Eyes."
- Dr. Loomis - Halloween

#850 AlphaQSilly

AlphaQSilly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:52 AM

One of the codes worked but whats this about getting your account locked?

#851 RainFall

RainFall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:53 AM

Microsoft may have gone absolutely insane this past week with the Xbox One reveal garbage, but there is no way they are going to zero out people's MS Point balances no matter what. That is just comical.

Not comical at all. They won't hesitate to ban your account on a whim. There is precedence for this.

#852 Freiteez

Freiteez

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:57 AM

The 2 codes posted weren't working but this one does. In for 4.

XboxEMWA6vjbdogho

#853 Dalrint

Dalrint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:15 AM

So how do you know if it worked? All I get is an 'Your order is being processed' message. But no email, and the order doesn't show up in my order history.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#854 j7d7c7

j7d7c7

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:24 AM

Since this all began on Tuesday here is what I've tried to get this to work...

I've tried probably 10-15 different codes, 2 my own and others I got on CAG. The codes always take the $10 off. I've tried three different browsers with cleared caches, three different payment methods, and getting a 1200 pts digital, 1600 digital, and a physical mailed 1600 pt card. I even created a new account. I tried from my cell phone too on the mobile site, on the standard site, on Wifi and on At&T network.

Nothing works for me and has not since this whole thing started on Tuesday. I always get the "We are experiencing technical difficulties. Please contact customer service for assistance" red message after I click on the final checkout button. Any suggestions that I've missed?

#855 danishmaggot

danishmaggot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:25 AM

So how do you know if it worked? All I get is an 'Your order is being processed' message. But no email, and the order doesn't show up in my order history.

YEah same here. Ordered more than 10 hours ago now and the money has been processed through PayPal.

#856 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:25 AM

You won't know unless you get emailed or it shows on your order status. You'll more then likely be getting a refund.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#857 AlphaQSilly

AlphaQSilly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:27 AM

Since this all began on Tuesday here is what I've tried to get this to work...

I've tried probably 10-15 different codes, 2 my own and others I got on CAG. The codes always take the $10 off. I've tried three different browsers with cleared caches, three different payment methods, and getting a 1200 pts digital, 1600 digital, and a physical mailed 1600 pt card. I even created a new account. I tried from my cell phone too on the mobile site, on the standard site, on Wifi and on At&T network.

Nothing works for me and has not since this whole thing started on Tuesday. I always get the "We are experiencing technical difficulties. Please contact customer service for assistance" red message after I click on the final checkout button. Any suggestions that I've missed?

Its probably for the better because idk if you've noticed but people are complaing about ms locking their accounts.

#858 Gscept

Gscept

Gamer Afficionado!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:28 AM

XboxEMWA6vjbdogho

Freiteez You Are My hero Thank you for those codes Bro!! I Jumped on three transactions

To all my Sig. Haters!!!
Xbox.360GSCEPTER.png

***Plus 1100+ on PS3 BF3

300+PC

#859 Dalrint

Dalrint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:29 AM

You won't know unless you get emailed or it shows on your order status. You'll more then likely be getting a refund.

Hmm. I haven't actually gotten charged on my credit card yet either. I suppose we shall see! If it works, lucky me. If not, alas.

Edit: Although...when it 'works', does it show up in your order history immediately? Or is there a big delay for everyone right now?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#860 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:30 AM

in for three with the above, worked up to order placement, will check throughout the day for codes.

Currently Playing:

:pc: Payday 2 , Saints Row 4, Steam Games

fs_overall.png

#861 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:35 AM

Still nothing from Microsoft.

However, with this link I got from SD: https://login.live.c...=1033&id=287467, I was, finally, able to see my transaction history.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#862 j7d7c7

j7d7c7

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:37 AM

Its probably for the better because idk if you've noticed but people are complaing about ms locking their accounts.

Yeah, that's the main reason I made a new account. They locked my first one that's tied to my live account for no reason. I just found this out today when I went to buy 400 MSP to get Alan Wake. I'm locked out of Microsoftstore.com & on my live account. This is insane! I never tried to order more than one MSP card and it has never gone through except for the very first time. It charged my paypal and then immediately refunded it for the very first order. Since then, nothing but "technical difficulties" message until it finally locked out that account.

#863 Colddecembersnow

Colddecembersnow

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:43 AM

XboxEMWA6vjbdogho

bleh. i find code that work and always get to the last page and then it removes the $10 credit.:???:

#864 Dalrint

Dalrint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:44 AM

Yeah, that's the main reason I made a new account. They locked my first one that's tied to my live account for no reason. I just found this out today when I went to buy 400 MSP to get Alan Wake. I'm locked out of Microsoftstore.com & on my live account. This is insane! I never tried to order more than one MSP card and it has never gone through except for the very first time. It charged my paypal and then immediately refunded it for the very first order. Since then, nothing but "technical difficulties" message until it finally locked out that account.

They lock accounts when there is suspicion of hacking. Were you hit by the fifa hack or anything? They don't turn it off, you just can't buy anything or add points.

If you call MS in the morning, they'll ask you a security question and then unlock it for you.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#865 AlexIW

AlexIW

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:51 AM

I ordered 2 codes about an hour ago, and now when I check it both orders were cancelled and refunded. Didn't get any email, just saw it in the order history page and on PP.

#866 Freiteez

Freiteez

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:58 AM

Freiteez You Are My hero Thank you for those codes Bro!! I Jumped on three transactions

Glad I could be of service. I find it lame that others are asking to be PM'd for a code. Hope others get their points from the one I found after a simple google search

#867 Lucasgfx

Lucasgfx

Fortune and glory, kid.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:01 AM

Weird. Submitted my order at 1:30 and at 3:30 it was marked as completed in my paypal account. No email with a code though.
Posted Image

#868 Roninalchemist

Roninalchemist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:02 AM

Bought 2 last night and 2 this morning...so far only seeing purchase "In Progress" in my paypal account...hopefully they go through soon, won't be getting anymore than this anyhow.

#869 Roninalchemist

Roninalchemist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:05 AM

And a HUGE thank you to everyone posting codes for this deal! Someone mentioned earlier that a certain similar site has a more "every man for himself" mentality, well I love the community on this site and if I get a promo code for the deal, I'll be passing it along. Thanks!

#870 Neo

Neo

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:06 AM

Not comical at all. They won't hesitate to ban your account on a whim. There is precedence for this.

They would ban people because they are changing over their points system to real money? What?

Last.fm ----- Flickr ----- Collection ----- XBL Profile