Metroid Other M: $4.99 @ Gamestop

[quote name='Ferrari Racer']it's always been this yes?[/QUOTE]

I belive its been like this for a couple of months.

Anyways, Thanks OP.

Wow, only $5...

You know, I really didn't have a big problem with this game. I am a Metroid fan and still enjoyed it. Some parts are iffy, but I was getting sick of the Metroid Prime formula, so it was nice to play this. The setting did seem a little too similar to Fusion's though.

I say it's worth a pick up for sure at $5.

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']I think its a pretty fun game.[/QUOTE]

i hope so. ive heard a bit about it. my im weak statement was a reference to my backlog of games.

Might be worth the money, absolutely not worth your time. It's fucking horrendous if you're a fan of the series.

Also, it's made by Team Ninjadog, not Nintendo. Developers of such classics as Ninja Gaiden 3, and ports of NG 1 and 2 that are objectively worse than the originals.

[quote name='Smashingly']Might be worth the money, absolutely not worth your time. It's fucking horrendous if you're a fan of the series.

Also, it's made by Team Ninjadog, not Nintendo. Developers of such classics as Ninja Gaiden 3, and ports of NG 1 and 2 that are objectively worse than the originals.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, the last Metroid game Nintendo actually developed was Zero Mission almost 10 years ago.
I agree it's not up to snuff to the original Nintendo developed titles. The controls were too overly simplified. And the first person mode drive me to tears at times.

But, Nintendo did still supervise the production of the game, so......

By the way, anyone think they're going to do a side scrolling Metroid after this flop??

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='offensive_jerk']Sadly, the last Metroid game Nintendo actually developed was Zero Mission almost 10 years ago.
I agree it's not up to snuff to the original Nintendo developed titles. The controls were too overly simplified. And the first person mode drive me to tears at times.

But, Nintendo did still supervise the production of the game, so......

By the way, anyone think they're going to do a side scrolling Metroid after this flop??[/QUOTE]

The gameplay wasn't even the problem. The story and Samus's portrayal were freaking awful and made absolutely no sense.

If anyone wants free shipping, you should be able to order in-store and have it shipped to your home. After a day or so, you get a tracking number for the package in your email. I tried the service a few times already for items that are online only and it works great.

[quote name='buffdrew84']Isnt this like $3.99 used?[/QUOTE]

Yes it is. I picked it up in my local Gamestop two weeks ago.

I loved this game. The story was overly anime inspired, showing Samus as a gutless female that could barely hold herself together. (Ridley scares you when you've defeated him a hundred times already. really?) Ignore that, and it was great.

BTW, most haters haven't played it.

[quote name='emperordahc']I loved this game. The story was overly anime inspired, showing Samus as a gutless female that could barely hold herself together. (Ridley scares you when you've defeated him a hundred times already. really?) Ignore that, and it was great.

BTW, most haters haven't played it.[/QUOTE]

So much truth.

bread's done
Back